• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

So it looks like Goodra returning is basically confirmed now:
ポケモンシリーズ|お口の恋人 ロッテ
http://www.lotte.co.jp/products/brand/pokemon/img/asobikata9.jpg

This is not good news for Goodra haters though.
I wouldn't call this a confirmation though provided so many of the Anime related products had Trollchick on it.
And yes, I dont want Goodra back. He holds the record of the most poorly developed, most rushed and most underwhelming evolution. I don't hate him but I just don't like him.

I wouldn't say that it's confirmation either, because it's not an anime sprite. This is the usual one that's present on Goodra page on Bulbapedia. But it has been used in advertising a lot. I personally wouldn't mind Goodra returning, but I'd be confused as to why and how. He may be rushed, but this would be the best way to fix that and show that it isn't invincible.

OMG, I hope Goodra returns, this way XY's team becomes Ash's best pokéteam EVER! I can't wait! :D

Goodra returning in my opinion would be the same as Gliscor and Charizard returning for the big League tournaments, and it has been something that most fans would to see: The return of old Pokémon and a chance for them to have the battle spotlight. This desire even goes to Pokémon like Butterfree and Primeape.

Goodra returning in my opinion would be the same as Gliscor and Charizard returning for the big League tournaments, and it has been something that most fans would to see: The return of old Pokémon and a chance for them to have the battle spotlight. This desire even goes to Pokémon like Butterfree and Primeape.

...except Gliscor and Charizard were never released, thus allowing them a venue to come back.

Meanwhile the released Butterfree and Primeape never did nor ever will. That should say something. Noivern is Ash's current main dragon as of now.

Did we actually see the Pokeball get broken though? I agree that it was released, but that would probably be the surprise the anime wants to give us.

What was even the point of the releasing Goodra episodes if Goodra was coming back? I was hoping Goodra wouldn't, since Ash needs more type variety on this team and DEAR GOD HE IS AT A HUGE DISADVANTAGE TO ICE TYPES.

Electric
Water/Dark
Flying/Fire
Fighting/Flying
Dragon/Flying
Dragon

Last edited:
I think that if Goodra returns, it will go back and be like Squirtle or Primeape. The reason it was released was for discussion like this to hype up the anime and it was good for the plot. The reason to bring it back would be relatively the same. But I doubt it would return like Charizard.

...except Gliscor and Charizard were never released, thus allowing them a venue to come back.

Meanwhile the released Butterfree and Primeape never did nor ever will. That should say something. Noivern is Ash's current main dragon as of now.
But Primeape was never released either. It just went into 'training limbo' and never actually returned. However, it seems to still be considered part of Ash's Pokemon as a whole since there's been two different openings showcasing him in group shots alongside Ash's other Pokemon.
Ash_Pokemon_with_Oak.png

Was this comment even necessary?

The anime always does go for a "type doesn't matter" thing, but half of his team is weak to just one typ.

My point being that one weakness isn't going to affect his team constantly since clearly the writers will do whatever they want, or do we actually expect Ash to lose to each Ice-type he battles from now on in XY&Z just 'cause some of his Pokemon are weak to Ice? :X3:

Last edited:

Except if I recall, a great many fans thought Ash was leaving Charizard for good back in the day. Hence why the myth that Ash always releases his Pokémon persisted for quite some time. After all, there was no indication back in the day of how a Pokémon is released. It was always leave them behind in a family of its own kind and saying a tearful goodbye. Not to mention that one released Pokémon actually returns to Ash if only briefly (Lapras). Given that Goodra has been recently spotted amongst the merchandise and there is no sign of Ash catching another Pokémon, it is reasonable to assume that Goodra would return fill the sixth slot of the team if only for the Kalos League. All Goodra needs is a means to reach Ash.

I'd like another Pokemon to return and evolve, or maybe get fixed. Torterra and Bulbasaur aare good candidates, or maybe evolve Totodile. Honestly, I'd love to see another fully evolved starter, but one of my hopes is Quilava, and that would be too many fire types. Maybe Oshawott could evolve?

Except if I recall, a great many fans thought Ash was leaving Charizard for good back in the day.

I can't see how that claim is factual. Especially since: 1) Again, Ash never explicitly released Charizard unlike Goodra, 2) It only stayed behind to get stronger for Ash and itself (Whereas Goodra intentionally sought to return to its homeland and friends), 3) it reappeared before Ash acquired his 5th badge in M3, still showing ownership with Ash (Goodra hasn't been seen or featured since its leave) and 4) Right behind Pikachu, Charizard is Ash's most iconic Pokemon as well as a series' favorite.

Theoretically anything can happen in the anime, but the likelihood of Goodra coming back due to limited, standard-artwork of it among some of the current cast isn't 100% convincing.

I can't see how that claim is factual. Especially since: 1) Again, Ash never explicitly released Charizard unlike Goodra, 2) It only stayed behind to get stronger for Ash and itself (Whereas Goodra intentionally sought to return to its homeland and friends), 3) it reappeared before Ash acquired his 5th badge in M3, still showing ownership with Ash (Goodra hasn't been seen or featured since its leave) and 4) Right behind Pikachu, Charizard is Ash's most iconic Pokemon as well as a series' favorite.

Theoretically anything can happen in the anime, but the likelihood of Goodra coming back due to limited, standard-artwork of it among some of the current cast isn't 100% convincing.

We have heard Ash promising to return for Pidgeot and yet never does so. Nor did Primeape for that matter. For general children when Charizard left, it was not entirely clear to them if Charizard was going to return (this was before the traditional sending veterans to Oak) until the movie and the 8th Gym Badge came about. Keep in mind of the general age of Pokémon fans at that time.

As for Goodra, the merchandising is only aspect. The other is lack of sixth Pokémon to fill in the slot and I doubt Ash would coming in the League with just 5. Unless of course you know which Pokémon Ash is getting in the future.

No one knows what Pokemon Ash is getting, but you can narrow it down and thankfully, there aren't too many options because of the short amount of Pokemon in Kalos.

It would be between Pokemon such as Bergmite/Avalugg and Trevenant. There have been (fake) 'leaks' about Bergmite recently, so some people want it.

We have heard Ash promising to return for Pidgeot and yet never does so. Nor did Primeape for that matter. For general children when Charizard left, it was not entirely clear to them if Charizard was going to return (this was before the traditional sending veterans to Oak) until the movie and the 8th Gym Badge came about. Keep in mind of the general age of Pokémon fans at that time.

What exactly do Pidgeot's and Primeape's fates have to do with Goodra coming back? If anything, they should be a testament to why Goodra won't return. At least they, though dismal, have a reason to come back as Ash hasn't explicitly released them. And it doesn't matter if it was necessarily clear or not regarding Charizard's leave, because Charizard reappeared to American audiences two months after Ash left it in the Charific Valley. I know the age very well of Pokemon fans at that time as I was a child myself. : ) I can't say that I thought Charizard was gone for good. Of course I can't generalize for others, but now you have an anecdote to your point.

As for Goodra, the merchandising is only aspect. The other is lack of sixth Pokémon to fill in the slot and I doubt Ash would coming in the League with just 5. Unless of course you know which Pokémon Ash is getting in the future.

Yes, and Ash is still perfectly capable of catching or receiving a 6th teammate in the next couple of months. You act like the Kalos League is next Thursday.

Back
Top Bottom