• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

Well if Ash doesn't retrieve Goodra, then I hope he'll just catch something after the Volcanion movie and that he'll take whatever it is to the next region so it'll get a chance to develop more.

The staff might as well use Ash's super weakness to ice to excuse his league losing, even though he first has to beat Wulfric an ice user, that he does. It makes all the sense... (we know the show can pull something like this) But gym battles usually follow other or rather slightly loosened rules from the league norm.

Ash could get a fire or steel type to combat ice but Litleo has come and gone while Sawyer owns Honedge. However Pikachu has Iron Tail, Talonflame has a fire attack, Hawlucha can use fighting and Greninja can resist ice attacks. I say that Ash can get a Phantump or Goodra can come back permanently until Ash goes to next region.

Ash could get a fire or steel type to combat ice but Litleo has come and gone while Sawyer owns Honedge. However Pikachu has Iron Tail, Talonflame has a fire attack, Hawlucha can use fighting and Greninja can resist ice attacks. I say that Ash can get a Phantump or Goodra can come back permanently until Ash goes to next region.
While I'm not saying that Ash WILL get a Litleo, I'd just like to remind you that XY011 had two wild Pancham and Serena still caught a Pancham in XY047. So, it's not like Ash can't catch a Litleo.

Talonflame isn't weak to Ice type attacks, and Pikachu as previously mentioned has Iron tail. Despite Hawlucha being weak to ice, he's still a fighting type. I don't think Snowbelle gym will be as much of a challenge as Clemont was.

I'd love for Ash to catch a Phantump. His current situation does seem a bit suspicious.

If they had him release Goodra only to bring it back for the League, it might have been to avoid having Goodra overshadow the other Pokemon. Greninja, in particular. I will be fine if they bring Goodra back as long as the explanation seems reasonable enough.

Overall, I'd rather have him catch a new Pokemon than bring back an old one, even if that Pokemon's development might be a little rushed. He's going to bring old Pokemon again for the League, anyway. We might as well see another Kalos Pokemon in his team until then.

If Goodra does comes back, all I know is that there's going to be hate because then what was all that development and releasing him for in the 1st place?? However, if he does come back there is going to be love because there are people that do/still do care for it and bringing it back might be the best thing ever for everyone, but now we an issue Noivern another Dragon type and flying type on Ash's team what could this say for we make it to the league?

If Goodra does comes back, all I know is that there's going to be hate because then what was all that development and releasing him for in the 1st place??

But isn't being released part of development? If anything, Goodra coming back after being released would illustrate massive development, since it would show its journey as a released / come back Goodra.

But isn't being released part of development? If anything, Goodra coming back after being released would illustrate massive development, since it would show its journey as a released / come back Goodra.
I know that

I know It's just that some people thinks it's a bad thing because he was so loved by everyone and having him back could draw in the wrong crowd and turn others off.

I think it would be a waste for Ash to capture a sixth Pokemon at this point, with so little left to cover before G7 starts, there will be no development for the Pokemon. Noivern already to me is Ash's Gibble/Snorunt equivalent for this gen. Ash will more than likely use his current 5 Pokemon for the next gym challenge and use some of his older Pokemn for the league.

Don't agree with that. Even coming the starter of 7th generation, there's a time for grass type tradition being recovered, by the writers givin' Ash his splendid Skiddo.

Goodra coming back wouldn't be permanent, and would be like Squirtle and Primeape. It's like saying why eould Ash let Squirtle join the squad (aka Goodra join the wetlands) if it was going to return. It's for plot and Goodra will probably go back to the wetlands afterwards.

So who thinks that Numelgon's gonna be just casually watching the league on TV?

I think good old Goodra wouldn't be content of sitting out and watching Ash and the rest of his Pokémon have all the fun. And since the fact it has contact with the old man, Goodra has a means to return to Ash. It's a Squirtle/Gliscor/Charizard situation they have here.

3Fogke4.jpg

This.Was.Great, I hope this is foreshadowing GOODRA's comeback, I think he may return just in time for the league, that would be awesome! :D

I think good old Goodra wouldn't be content of sitting out and watching Ash and the rest of his Pokémon have all the fun. And since the fact it has contact with the old man, Goodra has a means to return to Ash. It's a Squirtle/Gliscor/Charizard situation they have here.

I don't think that there was any indication that the old man has Goodra's Pokeball or any means of contacting Ash. This also isn't like what happened with Charizard, Squirtle or Gliscor. They all left for training. Goodra left to be the new protector of its homeland. There's a pretty big difference there. They're watching Serena's performance, but I don't think that necessarily means that they've been in contact with the old man. I still wouldn't be surprised if they did bring back Goodra and that scene might be used as foreshadowing its return, but I still really hope not. That's really just going to sour my opinion of Ash's XY team much more than it already is. Not to mention it would make me question why they bothered to release the darn thing in the first place if they were just going to bring it back for the League.

I don't think that there was any indication that the old man has Goodra's Pokeball or any means of contacting Ash. This also isn't like what happened with Charizard, Squirtle or Gliscor. They all left for training. Goodra left to be the new protector of its homeland. There's a pretty big difference there. They're watching Serena's performance, but I don't think that necessarily means that they've been in contact with the old man. I still wouldn't be surprised if they did bring back Goodra and that scene might be used as foreshadowing its return, but I still really hope not. That's really just going to sour my opinion of Ash's XY team much more than it already is. Not to mention it would make me question why they bothered to release the darn thing in the first place if they were just going to bring it back for the League.

Actually, no.

Ash didn't release Goodra to be the protector of the homeland. Actually now that I think about it Ash released Goodra so it could be with its family, because of everything that happened.

There's honestly no reason whatsoever that I can even imagine that Goodra couldn't rejoin Ash's team especially given that Ash left it to be with its friend. Protection? Florges is also in the cameo so obviously they're not antagonistic, there's nothing that could happen that would make Goodra's leave SO permanent that Ash couldn't just use Goodra for the league.

I do agree they totally screwed up Ash's team by refusing to give him a full team and everything that happened but I still don't see how its bad writing or whatever for Goodra to return. I know my previous argument on this has been "Why couldn't they wait until AFTER the league" but I guess Ash wanted Goodra to reunite with its friends and hang out with them immediately rather than delay. And Ash didn't want to stay in the wetlands.

Actually, no.

Ash didn't release Goodra to be the protector of the homeland. Actually now that I think about it Ash released Goodra so it could be with its family, because of everything that happened.

There's honestly no reason whatsoever that I can even imagine that Goodra couldn't rejoin Ash's team especially given that Ash left it to be with its friend. Protection? Florges is also in the cameo so obviously they're not antagonistic, there's nothing that could happen that would make Goodra's leave SO permanent that Ash couldn't just use Goodra for the league.

I do agree they totally screwed up Ash's team by refusing to give him a full team and everything that happened but I still don't see how its bad writing or whatever for Goodra to return. I know my previous argument on this has been "Why couldn't they wait until AFTER the league" but I guess Ash wanted Goodra to reunite with its friends and hang out with them immediately rather than delay. And Ash didn't want to stay in the wetlands.

I'm pretty sure that Ash mentioned something about how Goodra could stay to protect its friends. He did realize that the reason why Goodra wanted to get stronger before was so that it could protect its friends and staying in the wetlands meant that it could protect them. They were already friends with Florges by that point, so there wasn't a need to protect them from its group, but Ash could tell that Goodra was happy with its friends and that it could protect the wetlands from any other dangers. Obviously, Ash couldn't stay in the wetlands, but he thought that Goodra staying there to be with its friends was what Goodra really wanted.

It's bad writing for Goodra to return because it's story is done. There's really no good reason for it to come back other than to give Ash a full team, which they wouldn't even need since he has plenty of reserved Pokemon he can use for a full battle. At least with Charizard, Squirtle and Gliscor, they went off for training, they showed that Charizard could come back relatively soon after its departure with the third movie and I still think Gliscor had a good in-universe reason for returning when it did too. Goodra wanting to help Ash would make sense from a character perspective, but it would still feel more forced to me given that he really shouldn't need Goodra in order to advance through the Kalos League. There would also be the issue of why they bothered to release it since Ash didn't need an open slot on his team to get Noibat.

It would just further highlight the sloppy writing behind Ash's XY team if they give him his overpowered Dragon Pokemon on a silver plate. Admittedly, I think that they've already kind of messed up his team beyond repair by not giving him a full team, as well as doing so little with Noibat for that matter, but bringing back Goodra would make it so much worse for me. I'd much rather see him capturing a new Pokemon, even if it is late into the series, or just using his older Pokemon instead of bringing back Goodra. Again, I wouldn't be too surprised if they do bring Goodra back, but I wouldn't be too thrilled about it myself.

I hope this is foreshadowing GOODRA's comeback, I think he may return just in time for the league, that would be awesome! :D

I don't see that as foreshadowing. I mean, Korrina and Lucario were shown as well, but I certainly don't think they'll come back either just because of a quick cameo.

And I'm not against Goodra returning, I'm just not using that scene as evidence.

Back
Top Bottom