• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

I would love to see Ash capture shiny Phantump. It provides a grass and ghost type. I consider Goodra as a released pokemon until proven otherwise.

I think Ash would catch Phantump if the writers choose to give it to him. It has more of a chance than other pokemon that already appeared. Serena is unlikely to get a 4th capture.

So would I and most people, but it's not very plausible for reasons that others have mentioned. :/
Why? If it was a regular one then people be all for it. Ash hasn't caught a shiny since Johto. Plus it is a ghost type which is something he hasn't got. And it can be the grass type of the region too.

I think it's more likely for Braxien to evolve into a Delphox than for Serena to capture a new Pokemon at this point. I could see it being similar to what happened with May's Blaziken. It could evolve near the end of the series to show that Serena is ready to travel on her own and study to become the next Kalos Queen. I wouldn't mind if she could get a fourth Pokemon instead and they might want to keep Braxien unevolved if it was popular enough to be in Pokken Tournament, but I don't know if they'd want to do that when she couldn't perform with a new Pokemon in a Showcase.

I'd really like for Ash to capture the Shiny Phantump, but I wouldn't be too surprised if it ended up as the Pokemon of the Day, if only because of the lack of merchandise around it. I don't know if that makes it impossible, but it's probably not too likely with that factor in mind.

I'd really like for Ash to capture the Shiny Phantump, but I wouldn't be too surprised if it ended up as the Pokemon of the Day, if only because of the lack of merchandise around it. I don't know if that makes it impossible, but it's probably not too likely with that factor in mind.
I refuse to believe that merchandise determines the teams for Ash and co. I rather see the episodes for myself and see the opening/ending scenes for possible spoilers.

I refuse to believe that merchandise determines the teams for Ash and co. I rather see the episodes for myself and see the opening/ending scenes for possible spoilers.

Merchandise has spoiled and/or confirmed every capture for the cast since around mid-BW up till recently. Why is it suddenly not reliable now. :rolleyes:

Merchandise has spoiled and/or confirmed every capture for the cast since around mid-BW up till recently. Why is it suddenly not reliable now. :rolleyes:
No it hasn't. Those were just coincidences. I rely on opening/ending scenes with spoilers or episodes that have evolutions/captures.

It seems that Noivern won't participate in any gym battle this season. I didn't want that. Although, it was unpractical to let it battle against Wulfric.

And some see a ring on Ash and Greninja, meaning that it may be a mega evolution. I'd like to see how they explain this though.

No it hasn't. Those were just coincidences. I rely on opening/ending scenes with spoilers or episodes that have evolutions/captures.

I don't think I'd just wave the merchandise away as coincidences, especially when it has been pretty reliable for quite some time to determine captures. Besides that, they usually provide spoilers in opening/ending themes months in advance for captures and I don't think that XY would have a new theme by the time the episode airs. I'd be happy to be wrong about this and it's still not impossible, but it is just not a guarantee. There's no need to be defensive or too aggressive with refusing to believe anything besides opening/ending themes and the episodes themselves.

I just prefer opening/ending scenes and the episode themselves. Merchandise doesn't always show us future teams so I really don't think I should rely on it. If Goodra returns, I would rely on the episode of it's return or the opening/ending scenes that has spoilers.

It seems that Noivern won't participate in any gym battle this season. I didn't want that. Although, it was unpractical to let it battle against Wulfric.

I must've missed something: When was Ash's whole line-up for the Snowbelle Gym revealed?

In this trailer:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J85uNIrqVC4

Hawlucha and Talonflame battle Avalugg and Abomasnow.

He was being sarcastic. He's saying that we don't know if Talonflame and Hawlucha are the only Pokemon that are going to be used in the Gym battle against Wulfric. So, Noivern could be used in the Gym battle. If Ash does capture a new Pokemon soon, then I hope that Noivern and the new Pokemon also get used. A four on four wouldn't be too much too ask for, seeing as Ash battled five of Juan's Pokemon back in Hoenn.

He was being sarcastic. He's saying that we don't know if Talonflame and Hawlucha are the only Pokemon that are going to be used in the Gym battle against Wulfric. So, Noivern could be used in the Gym battle. If Ash does capture a new Pokemon soon, then I hope that Noivern and the new Pokemon also get used. A four on four wouldn't be too much too ask for, seeing as Ash battled five of Juan's Pokemon back in Hoenn.

The odds really don't seem like they're in our favor for Ash catching a new Pokemon, as we have seen him still having only 5 Pokemon in the 5th movie and no merchandise has shown any hints. I still will hope for a 6th slot filled, though.

As for Wulfric, I am starting to think Pikachu is likely, since he has Iron Tail. Noivern can learn Steel Wing, Iron Tail, and Flamethrower, though, so I still see SOME hope of Noivern being in this gym.

The odds really don't seem like they're in our favor for Ash catching a new Pokemon, as we have seen him still having only 5 Pokemon in the 5th movie and no merchandise has shown any hints. I still will hope for a 6th slot filled, though.

As for Wulfric, I am starting to think Pikachu is likely, since he has Iron Tail. Noivern can learn Steel Wing, Iron Tail, and Flamethrower, though, so I still see SOME hope of Noivern being in this gym.

Except that merchandise isn't the only thing to tell us about new additions/omissions to the Pokemon in the main cast. And when it comes to spoilers, the anime doesn't really have a strong belief when it comes to whether or not they should implement them or not, seeing as some things have been spoiled without much care, whereas others have been kept secret.

Except that merchandise isn't the only thing to tell us about new additions/omissions to the Pokemon in the main cast. And when it comes to spoilers, the anime doesn't really have a strong belief when it comes to whether or not they should implement them or not, seeing as some things have been spoiled without much care, whereas others have been kept secret.

Has there been any captures or evolutions that haven't been spoiled so far this series?

Back
Top Bottom