• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

Has there been any captures or evolutions that haven't been spoiled so far this series?
Probably not, but that's not the point. The point is that not every team change has been spoiled and other things haven't been spoiled as well. Just because team changes have spoiled throughout XY/XYZ, it doesn't mean that it will always be the case from here on. It's almost as if people think that the marketing team behind the anime sit down in a room and choose different ways for each team change to be spoiled, whether it's on a calendar, through a plushie, or through stickers.

There are probably lots of merchandise out there that most of us here have not seen, that could have spoiled certain changes earlier than when they were originally spoiled. And there are cases where if certain things weren't leaked or poorly obscured, then we wouldn't have known about other certain changes, like Ash's Goodra. I think we're lucky to get the amount of spoilers that we get through merchandise, but I don't think that should be considered as the main source for spoilers.

Has there been any captures or evolutions that haven't been spoiled so far this series?

I'm not sure regarding evolutions, but the last captures in general in the anime that weren't spoiled were Palpitoad/Stunfisk iirc. Maybe Roggenrola too which was caught a few weeks later, but my memory of early BW isn't too good. Either way it's been almost 5 years and all captures since then have had clear proof months ahead of time. Idk why things would be different now. :x

Probably not, but that's not the point. The point is that not every team change has been spoiled and other things haven't been spoiled as well. Just because team changes have spoiled throughout XY/XYZ, it doesn't mean that it will always be the case from here on. It's almost as if people think that the marketing team behind the anime sit down in a room and choose different ways for each team change to be spoiled, whether it's on a calendar, through a plushie, or through stickers.

There are probably lots of merchandise out there that most of us here have not seen, that could have spoiled certain changes earlier than when they were originally spoiled. And there are cases where if certain things weren't leaked or poorly obscured, then we wouldn't have known about other certain changes, like Ash's Goodra. I think we're lucky to get the amount of spoilers that we get through merchandise, but I don't think that should be considered as the main source for spoilers.

I'm not sure regarding evolutions, but the last captures in general in the anime that weren't spoiled were Palpitoad/Stunfisk iirc. Maybe Roggenrola too which was caught a few weeks later, but my memory of early BW isn't too good. Either way it's been almost 5 years and all captures since then have had clear proof months ahead of time. Idk why things would be different now. :x

All I needed to know.

Merchandise has spoiled and/or confirmed every capture for the cast since around mid-BW up till recently. Why is it suddenly not reliable now. :rolleyes:

I think the problem is that most merchandise can actually be chalked up as coincidence.

It's only when the merchandise BLATANTLY reveals something.

Like "Satoshi Kurumiru" you know before it was taken down.

I don't think it matters if there were other "Sewaddle" merchandise (if there were) what matters was one labelled "Satoshi Kurumiru"

So perhaps other merchandise, we see a whole bunch of Hawlucha merchandise (pretty sure however Hawlucha was spoiled in movie adaptation over merchandise, maybe) doesn't necessarily mean that said Hawlucha merchandise was for Ash's Hawlucha. Could be a coincidence, could be important.

That being said, I don't know of all the merchandise of Pokemon in Japan. For all we know there could've been Shiny Phantump merchandise overlooked because maybe it didn't look relevant to the anime and when shiny Phantump appeared in the titles it was forgotten. Would not surprise me if Phantump wasn't popular that merchandise for it would be low.

There was a calendar with a Trevenant on it, near October maybe, don't remember if it was normal or shiny.

And who knows maybe there is tons of Phantump merchandise, being overlooked because its not Shiny Phantump.

At this point I just want Goodra to return and be done with it, there's no time to develop another mon on Ash's team and this time I want a fully evolved team (of course not counting Pika)

I think the problem is that most merchandise can actually be chalked up as coincidence.

It's only when the merchandise BLATANTLY reveals something.

Like "Satoshi Kurumiru" you know before it was taken down.

I don't think it matters if there were other "Sewaddle" merchandise (if there were) what matters was one labelled "Satoshi Kurumiru"

So perhaps other merchandise, we see a whole bunch of Hawlucha merchandise (pretty sure however Hawlucha was spoiled in movie adaptation over merchandise, maybe) doesn't necessarily mean that said Hawlucha merchandise was for Ash's Hawlucha. Could be a coincidence, could be important.

That being said, I don't know of all the merchandise of Pokemon in Japan. For all we know there could've been Shiny Phantump merchandise overlooked because maybe it didn't look relevant to the anime and when shiny Phantump appeared in the titles it was forgotten. Would not surprise me if Phantump wasn't popular that merchandise for it would be low.

There was a calendar with a Trevenant on it, near October maybe, don't remember if it was normal or shiny.

And who knows maybe there is tons of Phantump merchandise, being overlooked because its not Shiny Phantump.
So your saying Ash will get Phantump then will evolve into Trevenant?

Actually we had Hawlucha spoiled on a toy list under the heading "Satoshi's Pokemon" along with Fletchinder a few weeks before the first Diancie movie manga scans.

For all we know there could've been Shiny Phantump merchandise overlooked because maybe it didn't look relevant to the anime and when shiny Phantump appeared in the titles it was forgotten. Would not surprise me if Phantump wasn't popular that merchandise for it would be low.

I highly doubt that Phantump merchandise was overlooked given that people on forums like this and others have been looking for any excuse to link Phantump with Ash for years now, so I would imagine that any info on Phantump merchandise in recent months would've been big news by know, especially since everyone has been looking for hints of what Ash's sixth Pokemon will be. I mean, there are people who post merchandise frequently on certain sites and the most recent time I recall seeing Phantump on any significant merchandise was on a calendar page leak last year I believe.

Last edited:
Actually we had Hawlucha spoiled on a toy list under the heading "Satoshi's Pokemon" along with Fletchinder a few weeks before the first Diancie movie manga scans.
When Manga scans were revealed, people were questioning if it was real. And also were acting like it was first they were heard of it.

If there was Hawlucha merchandise BEFORE the manga scans they were obviously overlooked. Unless people just didn't talk about it because they were in denial.

If Greninja was brought to the next region, it would smash everything like Charizard. I want Ash to get new Pokemon and new stories, not let his super powerful Greninja allow him to breeze through the region. And no PIKACHU WILL NOT be left behind.

If Greninja was brought to the next region, it would smash everything like Charizard.

Either that, or its "power level" would be "reset" and it would become weak like Pikachu usually is at the beginning of most regions. Idk which is better.

I doubt they could somehow lower Greninja's level if it has so much power to be competitive against Mega Charizard, Mega Gardevoir and beat Mega Sceptile.

I doubt they could somehow lower Greninja's level if it has so much power to be competitive against Mega Charizard, Mega Gardevoir and beat Mega Sceptile.

Since the writers made Pikachu weaker after he defeated Regice and tied with Latios, idk why Greninja getting weaker is out of the question.

It's Pikachu. They always do that to him because it's Ash's starter Pokemon and Pikachu is the face of Pokemon. They need to keep him. Greninja most likely won't have a link to the next region. Ash hasn't taken Pokemon to a new region since Johto (and he put them all in boxes anyway, and we're not counting Aipom because that was unintentional).

Back
Top Bottom