• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

Wait a minute, there was a Pikachu the movie poster with the December reveal of Volcanion, featuring all the base stage cutemon in the team, isn't that basically a confirmation?

Wait a minute, there was a Pikachu the movie poster with the December reveal of Volcanion, featuring all the base stage cutemon in the team, isn't that basically a confirmation?
Did you read the Dogasu quote? Even movies that weren't accompanied by shorts received similar posters. Here's an example.

There is no short.

Don't know about Riolu but Slurpuff isn't random, he belongs to the prince dude right?

Did you read the Dogasu quote? Even movies that weren't accompanied by shorts received similar posters. Here's an example.

There is no short.

Dude I've already debunked that. Except for M10, the others have all had accompanying shorts, even if they weren't shown before the actual movies themselves in the cinema. And if you think the short that aired in the same year that M12 aired, which included the Spiky-eared Pichu, isn't related to the Spiky-eared Pichu that was also in M12, then I just don't know what to tell you. It's just like how M07 had Plusle and Minun and the short that aired in the same year also featured them. The shorts are connected and shorts have aired almost every year and I don't see why there isn't a good chance that one could air this year?

Don't know about Riolu but Slurpuff isn't random, he belongs to the prince dude right?
Yeah, I mentioned that earlier. The prince's name is Racel.

My mind boggles at how overexposed that dog-on-legs Riolu/Lucario line is. Thank God most people seem to have stopped taking the bait over Satoshi catching one.
Well it's more of an homage to Anubis, but I don't see why thinking Ash could catch one is "taking the bait". Even though I don't think he will catch one soon, it's not ludicrous for others to speculate about him catching it. I mean, Iris caught a Dragonite despite it not being a Generation 5 Pokemon and Clemont caught Luxray despite it not being a Generation 6 Pokemon. Yes, I know there aren't many electric Kalos Pokemon, but he could have kept his Heliolisk with him instead.

Dude I've already debunked that. Except for M10, the others have all had accompanying shorts, even if they weren't shown before the actual movies themselves in the cinema. And if you think the short that aired in the same year that M12 aired, which included the Spiky-eared Pichu, isn't related to the Spiky-eared Pichu that was also in M12, then I just don't know what to tell you. It's just like how M07 had Plusle and Minun and the short that aired in the same year also featured them. The shorts are connected and shorts have aired almost every year and I don't see why there isn't a good chance that one could air this year?
The ANA shorts weren't tied to the movies, or even to the preliminary posters. Just because Spiky-eared Pichu was popular enough to appear in both doesn't mean that the same thing happened in other years. There was no Tangrowth in the 2010 ANA short, but there was one in the short-like poster due to there being a Tangrowth in the movie. The generic 2008 poster certainly didn't have much to do with any short, either. I could go on.

Last edited:
The ANA shorts weren't tied to the movies, or even to the preliminary posters. Just because Spiky-eared Pichu was popular enough to appear in both doesn't mean that the same thing happened in other years. There was no Tangrowth in the 2010 ANA short, but there was one in the short-like poster due to there being a Tangrowth in the movie. The generic 2008 poster certainly didn't have much to do with any short, either. I could go on.
Some of them were generic, but since Deoxys, most of them have included Pokemon in the initial short posters that appeared in the shorts in those years.

M07's PK13 poster and PK13: Plusle and Minun

M08's PK15 poster and PK15: No real connection

M09's PK16 poster and PK16: Wailmer

M10's PK18 poster and Pk18: No connection

M11's PK's 19 poster and PK19: No connection

M12's PK20 poster and PK20: Spiky-eared Pichu

M13's PK21 poster and PK21: No connection

M14's PK22 poster and PK22: No real connection

M15's PK24 poster and PK24: I don't even have to point out the obvious connection

M16's PK25 poster and Pk25: Again, too obvious

M17's PK26 poster and PK26: Also too obvious

M18's PK27 poster and Pk27: Same thing as the three above examples

So that's seven connections, compared to five connections and despite all that, there's still a possibility that there will be a short, so for you to say that there will be is nothing more than an opinion/hope.

M09's PK16 poster and PK16: Wailmer
Wailmer didn't appear in the short according to Bulbapedia. And the past four movies are simply not relevant to the discussion since their shorts were clearly tied to them in theaters. So you only have two cases to go on out of eight...

So that's seven connections, compared to five connections and despite all that, there's still a possibility that there will be a short, so for you to say that there will be is nothing more than an opinion/hope.
I am saying that it has no connection to the movie and is, in fact, unconfirmed at this point. Who cares whether or not Squishy will be in it? Otherwise the poster is completely generic.

Last edited:
I'd actually be annoyed if Ash captured a Riolu/Lucario at this point. Those windows of opportunity have come and gone so many times in the anime, I would almost want to know, why now?

Maybe...

The animating staff knows something that we don't? And that's why they included Riolu as apart of the poster?

Maybe...

The animating staff knows something that we don't? And that's why they included Riolu as apart of the poster?

It's a Riolu on a Volcanion film product ad with several confirmed movie Pokemon. The most reasonable explanation in my opinion is simply that Riolu's in the film, but I don't think there's a deeper meaning to it or a conspiracy going on.

Wailmer didn't appear in the short according to Bulbapedia. And the past four movies are simply not relevant to the discussion since their shorts were clearly tied to them in theaters. So you only have two cases to go on out of eight...

I am saying that it has no connection to the movie and is, in fact, unconfirmed at this point. Who cares whether or not Squishy will be in it? Otherwise the poster is completely generic.

Yeah, there is absolutely no Wailmer in PK16, oh wait, there is.

PK16 - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia

-_-

Who cares if they were in theatres or not, they were still advertised early on, along with the generic Pikachu Short posters. So do most of the Pikachu short posters that are each advertised along with a movie poster tie in with the shorts that air around the same time of the respective movies? Yes they do. So yes, most of the movies are connected with the Pikachu shorts in that sense.

Yeah, there is absolutely no Wailmer in PK16, oh wait, there is.

PK16 - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia
That's a 14-minute 4D short. I was referring to the standard short that was shown on ANA flights that year.

I share that sentiment.

Who cares if they were in theatres or not, they were still advertised early on, along with the generic Pikachu Short posters.
The ANA shorts weren't advertised early on at all, unlike the shorts that were actually tied to movies.

So do most of the Pikachu short posters that are each advertised along with a movie poster tie in with the shorts that air around the same time of the respective movies?
That's only true for the shorts that were actually shown in theaters, and for the 2004 and 2009 shorts if you insist (the posters were meant for the main movies that featured Plusle, Minun and Spiky-eared Pichu, but I digress).

So yes, most of the movies are connected with the Pikachu shorts in that sense.
Nope, but you're just going to repeat yourself like a broken record, so this will be my last reply.

That's a 14-minute 4D short. I was referring to the standard short that was shown on ANA flights that year.

But that's not the short I originally talked about, so how would I know that you were talking the completely wrong short and that short was most likely the one that was advertised along with Mo9, because the one I'm talking about has a Wailmer and shows an ocean theme, just like the poster for the Pikachu short that was advertised alongside M09

I share that sentiment.

Why, because you realised that your arguments are kind of flawed?

The ANA shorts weren't advertised early on at all, unlike the shorts that were actually tied to movies.
They were, if you'd actually bother to look at the posters for the Pikachu shorts that were advertised along with the movie posters. Just because some of them were generic, it doesn't mean that they don't tie in to them. So you're basically saying that Plusle and Minun in the Pikachu short poster for M07, Wailmer in the Pikachu short poster for M09 and Spiky-eared Pichu in M12's poster were all just coincidences?[/QUOTE]

That's only true for the shorts that were actually shown in theaters, and for the 2004 and 2009 shorts if you insist (the posters were meant for the main movies that featured Plusle, Minun and Spiky-eared Pichu, but I digress)..

Despite the fact that Plusle & Minun, Wailer and Spiky-eared Pichu all appeared in the Pikahcu shorts that aired in the same year of the respective movies that had Pikachu shorts poster's with all of them in it? Right...again, it must be a coincidence.

Nope, but you're just going to repeat yourself like a broken record, so this will be my last reply.

Well, if I am, then it's only fitting since you seem to not want to listen to the facts. And you also thought that XY&Z was ending in March and look how that turned out.

Why do people get so overprotective about things they can't control?
I think the splash in the Pikachu poster suggests that there will be a water-themed Pikachu short later down the road, but if it airs on TV, or if it is shown on ANA flights or if it s a movie afterthought isn't something we can't really confirm now.

Riolu is indeed weird. If it was the prince's Pokemon I would not understand why Slurpuff is in the poster instead of Riolu, who is by far more popular. Maybe...after 10 years of speculation...it's finally caught...by...James!

Back
Top Bottom