• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

Obviously, they aren't going to give him a brand new Pokemon around the start of the league. Unless it is like Aipom and does nothing until it is carried over to the next series.

Okay so i think from Data Broadcast and from the pic @Playerking posted, Charizard is confirmed for Ash's 6th cause XY130 will be XY125 or something like that cause the scripting episode listing is different from bulbapedia's, also i saw somewhere that some script image for DP157 was teased but it actually was DP160, so i expect some here and there, which makes me believe that his 6th is Charizard

We don't have anything else on XY130 yet, so I don't want to get my hopes up too much. We also got something like this a while ago, and that turned out to be nothing. There's no other evidence, and captures and usually spoiled this way. Or returns really. I do want him to get a sixth though.

This seems to be the sound editing process for XY130 and the script might be hiding a future team change. https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ChPaklsUYAATEuQ.jpg:orig

I'm not buying it since some producer person iirc posted a similar script image a few months ago which was also blurred out, which turned out to be the exact same image that had spoiled Goodra like 8 months before that. :/

Last edited:
I'm not really sure where the reference to Charizard is in that picture, but I've always wanted either Sceptile or Charizard to make a return.

If it means that we either get to see the Oak'd mons or Goodra at the Kalos League, I'm totally cool with Ash not filling this party.
Phantump seems to have fallen through like Riolu and Hippopotas did in Sinnoh, and I personally don't see what would make Bergmite a good fit for his team aside from it being a Snorunt expy.

I still hope not, but I wouldn't be surprised. On one hand, a episode with the gang seeing Goodra again would help to make a League return less forced than just Goodra watching the Kalos League on a computer and rushing over to help out, especially when I'm still not sure if the wetland caretaker has Goodra's Pokeball. On the other hand, it would still bother me that they rushed through Goodra's evolutions and left it at the wetland only for it to come back. Maybe this would bother me less if Noivern was handled better, but as it is, it just feels like they would be giving back Ash's overpowered Dragon Pokemon on a silver plate instead of getting a new Pokemon, which just feels kind of lazy.

To be fair, I still think that they kind of messed up Ash's XY team beyond repairs well before this point. Goodra's development being so rushed, Noivern doing virtually nothing for so long and not having a sixth team member all really hurt the structure of his team for me. It's kind of a lose lose situation in a sense given that they don't have a lot of time to introduce a brand new Pokemon for his team, but giving Goodra back to Ash, even if it's just for the League, wouldn't really work that much for me either. Greninja is already going to overshadow his other Pokemon due to the whole Ash Greninja thing, so Goodra returning would take up more attention from the others as well.

Noivern was pointless from the beginning. I already mentioned that a while back. Right now it's just waiting for the league and Ash's loss whenever. Team doesn't matter too much anymore. The train is gone for a nice fitting and developed team. It still will offer it's enjoyable moments though.

Well, they are in wetlands and there is a Problem, so i don't see Goodra returning, but one point to be noted, They are returning to Lumiose City and Charizard is in a Data Broadcast.........Well this could mean that Sycamore gets a stone which he finds out (With his synchroniser) is a Charizardite. With Ash-Greninja Mastered, i don't see any hurdle for Mega Charizard to come in for Ash.....

Goodra's returning. I still hope Ash catches Bergmite.
Fletchlinder evolves into Talonflame during Moltres' fight.
Noibat during Zapdos' fight.
Next thing should be Bergmite into Avalugg during Articuno fight.

^we already had Charizard fight an Articuno, I hope we can move on from the legendary birds.

As much as I want Charizard to come back, it will give Ash an almost entirely flying type team, which I'm not in favor of. Also, I am not one of the "Goodra return" supporters. If Goodra comes back, so be it, but I truly want Ash to catch a different Pokemon he hasn't caught yet.

As much as I want Charizard to come back, it will give Ash an almost entirely flying type team, which I'm not in favor of.

He has three Flying-types already, so one more wouldn't hurt him. Clearly the writers don't care about type diversity much. :x

^we already had Charizard fight an Articuno, I hope we can move on from the legendary birds.

But, that happened in R/S. 10/11 years ago. I am talking about trio appearing in Kalos... Articuno is still missing.And evolution with that.( Plus ,Charizard didn't evolve when he battled Articuno)

But, that happened in R/S. 10/11 years ago. I am talking about trio appearing in Kalos... Articuno is still missing.And evolution with that.( Plus ,Charizard didn't evolve when he battled Articuno)

I see where you are coming from, but this late in the game I would almost be offended that a Pokemon is basically given a forced evolution because of the precedent the writers established with the previous two evolutions.

Back
Top Bottom