• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

I think Ash will get Litten (Popplio seems like the Chespin of S/M) Rowlet excludes the possible regional bird altough we could be in for another team of flying mons, who knows. XD

I think Ash will get Litten (Popplio seems like the Chespin of S/M) Rowlet excludes the possible regional bird altough we could be in for another team of flying mons, who knows. XD

Ash previously owned Totodile and Oshawott, and they are the respective "Chespin" of their generations, so it's not entirely unlikely that he could have Popplio. Maybe we will luck out and Ash will have all 3 starters again, but I just feel like that cat is just way too damn sassy for Ash to own.

While I know its pretty early to speculate who gets what of the new starters, since we don't even know who or how many are traveling with ash through the new region, I'm hoping that Ash gets Rowlet. Having a new starter that can fly for the first time since Charizard gives the writers a rare opportunity to not have to slap the regional bird on Ash's team. I'd like to see him get a really diverse team this go around and the less slots taken up by th. Again, too early to tell, as for all we know this could be a one of the regions he gets all 3 starters, and they seem charismatic enough that I don't know if I'd mind.

It would be perfect if Serena stays and if she gets Mokuroh! The bow-tie just screams performances and Serena needs a grass pokemon.
Satohi can get Nyaby especially if it ends up being a tiger in its final evo, while Ashimari can be the nonevolving kawai mon of the gen. preferably caught by the 3rd character.

OMG please no, don't let Ash catch the 3 starters, I don't want a repeat of Unova *shrughs* it's best Ash only catch 1 starter max 2 like Sinnoh.

With the new starters revealed, I definitely hope Ash gets Litten because I think his interactions with a Pokemon that prefers not to show it's emotions would be quite interesting. Not to mention I just have a really odd desire to see Ash own a cat in general:p

I love Popplio, but it looks like the Oshawott/Chespin/Pipup comedic mon this time around, so I'd prefer it to not be on Ash's team. Personally, I'd rather it be owned by a sidekick character.

As for Rowlet, I personally hope it goes to the female traveling companion, whoever that may be. A female traveling companion has yet to get the grass starter, so I'd like to see that happen this time around. Not to mention it would make all of the bird starters owned by the females characters.

However, I could easily see Ash being given Rowlet and/or Popplio as well. The former could also fill his flying-type spot, while the later could be a personality contrast from the previous water-starter. Whichever ones he gets, I just hope he doesn't get all three.

Ash previously owned Totodile and Oshawott, and they are the respective "Chespin" of their generations, so it's not entirely unlikely that he could have Popplio. Maybe we will luck out and Ash will have all 3 starters again, but I just feel like that cat is just way too damn sassy for Ash to own.

No Pokemon is the respective "Chespin" of the generation. That's just a make believe patterns that some fans are trying to push. Because, to me, Rowlet could also be seen as the "Chespin".

OMG please no, don't let Ash catch the 3 starters, I don't want a repeat of Unova *shrughs* it's best Ash only catch 1 starter max 2 like Sinnoh.

Yes, because Unova is the only saga in which Ash had all three starters.

I wouldn't mind if Ash caught all of the starters, because for the first time a while, I don't have a problem with any of them. Although, I don't want him to be restricted to having all three just so he can fill in the Grass/Fire/Water slots that he "needs" to fill in. And if he has to fill in those slots, despite the fact that Ash hasn't owned a Grass type in Kalos so far, I'd rather them not be the Alola starters. If I had to one starter for Ash to have, then it would probably have to be a Rowlet or Litten, but I wouldn't mind if it was a Popplio.

I don't think that I'd like to see Ash get all three starters again. I don't think it ever really worked out well when that happened back in the original series and BW. Plus, I prefer it when the starters are divided up among the cast. It's more interesting and helps to give Ash more room for different Pokemon on his team instead of over half of it containing starters.

For some reason, I still can't really picture Ash with a Litten. I wouldn't be against him getting one, but it doesn't seem like a Pokemon that fits with him design wise. I could easily see him getting Rowlet, along with the early route Flying type. Half of his XY team are part Flying type Pokemon, so I don't think that they'd have a problem with that. Although, I could see them having Rowlet take the Grass and Flying type slots for Ash's team, much like Talonflame did for Fire and Flying type. Plus, they already broke a big tradition with Ash not getting the Grass type starter or seemingly any Grass type for his XY team, so breaking another tradition for the next series is possible.

Popplio also seems like something I could see Ash capturing. It could be used as a comedy relief Pokemon for the secondary male character, but I'd like to see Popplio being used more often than that role would allow for. If the new female lead gets Popplio and uses it for Contests, that would make me extremely happy though.

Er, Dawn and Iris did fine in their respective sagas without a Grass-type, so why is it suddenly a necessity for Serena? :confused:
Cuz the owl has a type combo she doesn't have atm? And cuz it is wearing a bow-tie so it is showcase ready?

Cuz the owl has a type combo she doesn't have atm? And cuz it is wearing a bow-tie so it is showcase ready?

I was referring to the "Serena needs a grass pokemon" bit specifically, not about Rowlet since Serena's unlikely to stick with Ash in SM anyway.

I was referring to the "Serena needs a grass pokemon" bit specifically, not about Rowlet since Serena's unlikely to stick with Ash in SM anyway.

Oh, yeah. It is just cuz I think a grass-type would fit her. So basically it is just a personal preference. "need" was used to convey my passion about the subject lol
And sadly you have a point. I wish she would stay but that's highly unlikely.

Because that totally never happened outside of Unova.
*Cough* Kanto and Johto *cough*

Duh! I know it happened in Kanto and Johto but I 1) We got Charizard and Bulbasaur/Squirtle were strong and memorable 2)2 of the Johto starters evolved and had charismatic personality so that leaves Unova's starters who were the worst IMO besides Pignite they were pretty worthless and forgettable (Snivy) annoying(Oshawott).

So I hope in the Alola region Ash only catches 1 or 2 so they can full develop and evolve preferably Litten and Rowlet, Popplio can go to the new girl or something.

I honestly don't know. Rowlet would clash with the obligatory early bird (unless they forgo it this time), Litten kinda doesn't fit somehow, and Popplio is the one I'd expect to be comic relief.

I think that Rowlett is going to go to the female companion for Alola. Ya know, to continue the tradition started by May and Dawn. And Rowlett looks like a Pokemon that could be full of Piplup levels of personality/screen time.

Back
Top Bottom