• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

The fact that Ash still doesn't have 6 Pokemon still bugs me, knowing he's about to win his last badge and we now know that the league is in Lumiose City.
Honestly, this pleases me. It means that he'll either call on Goodra for the league or be required to use some of his Pokémon from Oak's lab. Either situation works.

Has this been posted yet?

カラオケ コート・ダジュール「ポケモンキッズウィーク」で、全108種のポケモンが登場!! 全18タイプのオリジナルポケモン缶バッジをコンプリートしよう! キミは何個ゲットできるかな?

Because it seems like Sawyer's Shelgon might soon be a Salamence and either Siebold could show up again, or Tierno's Blastoise could Mega Evolve sometime in the future.

I wonder about the Rhyhorn in this image. My mind flashed quickly to a random capture by Ash right before the League. Would also be cool if it was a last minute by Serena for her next adventure, would feel full circle in a way with her mum and the issues they had at the start of the show. However, on that note, I reckon it is more likely to be indicative of Serena's mum making an appearance during the League.

I wonder about the Rhyhorn in this image. My mind flashed quickly to a random capture by Ash right before the League. Would also be cool if it was a last minute by Serena for her next adventure, would feel full circle in a way with her mum and the issues they had at the start of the show. However, on that note, I reckon it is more likely to be indicative of Serena's mum making an appearance during the League.
as much as I like the rhyhorn for ash I don't think it would happen same as Grace appear at the league I mean the other mom's besides ash's didn't come to the league to support ash and no wait ash would catch a pokemon as a last minute thing and hardly train with it

What Ryhorn?

The one that is featured with other Pokemon that are presumably to be featured soon, found here in a link PlayerKing shared a few posts back:

It is really interesting to me that it is included and I am really curious as to what it's role may be as I doubt it is entirely random considering all the other featured Pokemon. I would love for Serena to catch it as I feel it would be really fitting considering her time may be coming to an end soon.

Last edited:
I think it is possible for Ash to catch Carbink. Either that or a reserve from Oak's lab for his sixth pokemon.

For the XY series, I want Ash to catch the Carbink the group will encounter in the wetlands. Not only will it fill Ash's party's sixth slot, but it would also lead to him catching a Fairy-type.

For the seventh Generation, I hope Ash gets either Rowlet or Litten.

For Serena (please, the entire anime does not revolve only around Ash), I hope her Braixen evolves into a Delphox, she catches a Spiritomb and thus, her Pancham evolves into Pangoro.

For Clemont, I hope his Chespin evolves into Quilladin. (at least!)

For James, I hope his Inkay evolves into Malamar. (and he catches a Popplio)

Edit: Damn, the auto correct!

Last edited:
For the XY series, I want Ash to catch the Carbink the group will encounter in the wetlands. Not only will it fill Ash's party's sixth slot, but it would also lead to him catching a Fairy-type.

While I like this idea, Ash will definitely be arriving at the league with a team of 5.

For the seventh Generation, I hope Ash gets either Rowlet or Kitten.

I'd prefer Litten to Rowlet since we can already predict him to catch the Gen VII regional bird. Please don't stack up on Flying types this time.

For Serena (please, the entire anime does not revolve only around Ash), I hope her Braixen evolves into a Delphox, she catches a Spiritomb and thus, her Pancham evolves into Pangoro.

Spiritomb? I don't see it. Way too far out there. Maybe Zorua would be better.

For Clement, I hope his Che spin evolves into Quilladin. (at least!)

I doubt it, personally. The comic relief starters never evolve.

For James, I hope his Inkay evolves into Malamar. (and he catches a Popplio)

One of the TRio catching a starter...? I somehow approve. Keep Inkay as is though.

From my experience, I have met so many people at conventions who still think that Satoshi is going back for Pidgeot..I tell them the truth, that it was a lie made by 4kids. Satoshi never said that in the Japanese version..This is why I don't like 4kids' dubbing. They make up stuff that never happened and never is going to happen in the anime. Not sure about TPCi though because I can't stand it long enough to compare.

Masuda tweet apic of ash pikachu and rotom together and ash wearing a blue hat what does that meant?

@badwolf1234 Could we get a source on the tweet, perhaps? It could just be foreshadowing ash getting the rotom pokedex most likely, when he goes to the upcoming alola region.

Back
Top Bottom