• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

@Magearna I can't see goodra not coming back at least temporarily, given the league coming so soon after it's first major appearance since it was left in the wetlands. I imagine the reasoning behind going with ash again will be along the lines of "florges and her army have proven their trustworthiness since the battle, so goodra is not needed for keeping it's friends safe". I've been hoping for goodra to come back, and the description for one of the upcoming league episodes stating ash will be getting his vague, sixth pokemon has me hyped!

For Serena (please, the entire anime does not revolve only around Ash), I hope her Braixen evolves into a Delphox, she catches a Spiritomb and thus, her Pancham evolves into Pangoro.

Why would she even need a new Pokemon and two evolutions when XY&Z will end by November? :/

Why would she even need a new Pokemon and two evolutions when XY&Z will end by November? :/
I don't think a series ending means that characters aren't allowed to make last minute additions to their team. While unlikely, I don't think it should be unacceptable. Maybe her Braixen can evolve last minute like May's Combusken or Brock's Happiny. She could also catch a new performer-like Pokemon towards the end of the series like Ash & Iris' respective Gible.

I wouldn't be surprised if Serena's Braixen evolved near the end of the series. Getting a Delphox could symbolize that she's ready to head out on her own and work towards being on the same stage as Aria again. It would be quite similar to May getting a Blaziken near the end of AG, which would be fitting in a way. I'm not sure if she could catch a brand new Pokemon. Even Iris' Gible was saved for her special rather than the end of BW, but I suppose that's possible too.

Another boring bird then. I didn't think GF would sink any lower after Fletchling. #Pray4Ash
How was Fletching boring? It is the first native bird pokemon to lose it's Normal type upon evolution which provided a Fire type for Ash. Anyway, Goodra odds of returning seemed to increased. I really hope Rotom doesn't waste the slot Ash has for Alola.

How was Fletching boring? It is the first native bird pokemon to lose it's Normal type upon evolution which provided a Fire type for Ash.

I'm talking about Fletchling's design, not its type. It could've been any other type for all I care, but even that wouldn't change how bland it looked imo. I thank God for Talonflame, though.

I'm talking about Fletchling's design, not its type. It could've been any other type for all I care, but even that wouldn't change how bland it looked imo. I thank God for Talonflame, though.

I would say about 75% of Pokemon are pretty boring in general in their first stage of evolution. Fletchling may have been boring, but it had a much better early on development than most of Ash's other regional birds. Swellow and Pidgeotto are it's only true contenders in terms of development, and I'll easily pass favor to Fletchling than the former two mentioned.

I would say about 75% of Pokemon are pretty boring in general in their first stage of evolution. Fletchling may have been boring, but it had a much better early on development than most of Ash's other regional birds. Swellow and Pidgeotto are it's only true contenders in terms of development, and I'll easily pass favor to Fletchling than the former two mentioned.
Lol Pidgeotto had little to no development. What are you talking about?

I do agree with your other points though. Ash's birds have gotten progressively better since Kanto (bar Pidove).

The big question is... who's Ash 6th mon for the Kalos League!?!? :eek: I can't believe we got 4 titles bout the league so far revealed and we still don't know...

The big question is... who's Ash 6th mon for the Kalos League!?!? :eek: I can't believe we got 4 titles bout the league so far revealed and we still don't know...

True again. It could still be one from Oak's lab or Goodra maybe:unsure:

I would prefer a Pokemon from Oak's lab (Sceptile please, and it would be awesome if it knew Dual Chop), but I'm guessing there is just as high of a chance of Goodra (please no). I'm pretty sure the sixth Pokemon for the league will be some short of shocker.

True again. It could still be one from Oak's lab or Goodra maybe:unsure:

I hope for Goodra or a great battler from the Oak ranch like Infernape, Glalie, Snorlax, no Unova mons plz, maybe Krookodile, I don't see Charizard and Sceptile coming back cuz these are the main mons of his rivals and we already had a Zard X vs Zard Y battle...

Back
Top Bottom