• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

E9yTOri.jpg

Curious to see how many of the Pokemon in that poster will be owned by a main or recurring character

Watching SM055 makes me think Poipole may be caught by Ash or a main character, why make it appear unless it was to have a major role

I don't think Ash will catch Poipole. If he does catch it, then it will have to be released, thus wasting a party slot. It's also a sub legendary and thus too powerful for him to have.

What would most likely happen is that Poipole will stay with Ash until it feels safe about going back to ultra space.

In fact, Naganadel is the only UB to not have prime number base stats and is the 'weakest' UB in terms of BST. Poipole is also said to be a starter Pokemon in Ultra Megalopolis, so I think the Poipole line is the different member/'exception' of sorts when it comes to Ultra Beasts.

In fact, Naganadel is the only UB to not have prime number base stats and is the 'weakest' UB in terms of BST. Poipole is also said to be a starter Pokemon in Ultra Megalopolis, so I think the Poipole line is the different member/'exception' of sorts when it comes to Ultra Beasts.
That and as Naganadel it has two stats that are major highlights. Special attack and speed, everything else is bellow average (Enough to take an average hit) and has coverage against steel types. For an Ultra Beast with the lowest BST... it is arguably the best of them.

With Beast Boost, Ash will be almost unstoppable if he gets Naganadel. They would have to bring in a DEM trainer to get Ash to lose or have him lose to Gladion's Silvally. Don't underestimate Naganadel. It's one of the strongest Ultra Beasts despite its low BST.

With Beast Boost, Ash will be almost unstoppable if he gets Naganadel. They would have to bring in a DEM trainer to get Ash to lose or have him lose to Gladion's Silvally. Don't underestimate Naganadel. It's one of the strongest Ultra Beasts despite its low BST.

It really isn’t necessary that Beast Boost sweeps everything... They can easily scale Naganadel's power to normal levels and competitive viablity shouldn’t be used as it is for the anime- this is the same anime where Ash uses a non-eviolite non-light Ball Pikachu to defeat Raichu on a regular basis (with electric moves, which Raichu also resists).

I still don't think Ash will catch Naganadel. If he catches it, then it is guaranteed to be released, thus wasting a slot in his party. I think that it will just be a wild Pokemon that befriends Ash and co before departing back to Ultra Space.

I can easily see Ash capturing an infant-like Poipole which gets stronger and evolves into Naganadel. I don’t know why, but the Poipole line gives me Noibat-like vibes, so maybe it'll get treated similar to Noibat.

I can easily see Ash capturing an infant-like Poipole which gets stronger and evolves into Naganadel. I don’t know why, but the Poipole line gives me Noibat-like vibes, so maybe it'll get treated similar to Noibat.
But then, he will have to release it because it wants to be back in Ultra Space, thus wasting a party slot.

But then, he will have to release it because it wants to be back in Ultra Space, thus wasting a party slot.

It may adjust to Earth life and refuse to leave, or it may leave at the end of the series like Goodra and Greninja, which wouldn’t be 'wasting' a party slot since I don’t think Naganadel will appear much after SM series.

It may adjust to Earth life and refuse to leave, or it may leave at the end of the series like Goodra and Greninja, which wouldn’t be 'wasting' a party slot since I don’t think Naganadel will appear much after SM series.
If Ash can't catch a Legendary, why do you guys think that he'll catch an Ultra Beast?

When people say "treated like Noibat", I hope they don't mean that literally, because Noibat got around 20 episodes of nothing after learning to fly, then evolved just because ripping off Talonflame vs Moltres is fun, got an unjustifiable win against Sawyer's Doublade, and ultimately flopped hardcore in the league.

If Ash does catch Poipole, it deserves far better.

If Ash catches Poipole, he'll be unstoppable. They'll have to pull a DEM just to make him lose the league. I just think that Poipole will be a wild Pokemon that tags along with Ash and the group without actually being caught by anyone.

Back
Top Bottom