• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

They ignored ORAS in the anime so i think they will ignore LGPE too just some random character cameo just like how HGSS had lyra for a couple of episodes byt not return to johto and have Steven appear on the Mega Evolution Specials but does not let Ash and company return to Hoenn I think Lance or Gary would appear but they will not go back to Kanto and my team predictions:

Lillie: either evolve snowy or have an alolan sandslash
Lana: will reencounter the dewpider and have her capture it and evolve popplio to primarina or atleast brionne
Mallows: have a lurantis, comfey or evolve steenee to tsareena
Sophocles: evolve charjabug to vikavolt
Kiawe: nothing more to add
Ash: Kommo-o line for finally!

Kiawe seems excited for the league, and doesn’t the league require 6 Pokemon? I'd prefer if we know Kiawe's team in advance (or atleast most of its members) and they don’t pull an Alain with him, giving him Pokémon out of thin air. This is what I expect Kiawe to use at the league:

Charizard
Marowak
Turtonator
Mudsbray/Musdale as a gift from his parents
Tauros from this farm
??? No idea about this slot. Maybe Miltank?

They ignored ORAS in the anime
Just because the main characters don't travel to a certain region when that region's remakes come out doesn't mean they're ignored. Steven, Sawyer, Mega Rayquaza and the Primals, half of Sawyer's team... The list goes on. Same was with HGSS, what with Lyra, the Johto Festival, Dawn's Cyndaquil, and so forth. FRLG were celebrated with a return to Kanto because they figured it'd be a good setting for Ash's Battle Frontier journey, thus also covering Emerald at the same time and giving the fans something to watch while the Sinnoh games were being finished.

So no. The remakes are not ignored by the anime.

Just because the main characters don't travel to a certain region when that region's remakes come out doesn't mean they're ignored. Steven, Sawyer, Mega Rayquaza and the Primals, half of Sawyer's team... The list goes on. Same was with HGSS, what with Lyra, the Johto Festival, Dawn's Cyndaquil, and so forth. FRLG were celebrated with a return to Kanto because they figured it'd be a good setting for Ash's Battle Frontier journey, thus also covering Emerald at the same time and giving the fans something to watch while the Sinnoh games were being finished.

So no. The remakes are not ignored by the anime.
Lol i just said it in my post that the anime just makes the remakes a cameo just like you posted have you read my whole post...

Currently, Ash can still catch Mudbray, Cutiefly, Alolan Geodude, and Jangmo-o. I would be okay with any of those four options.
With hapu's mudsdale and mina's trial centering on ribombee(also her signature pokemon somehow) and alolan geodude being half electric the chances of this three seems pretty low although i wouldn't count them out yet remember olivia had a lycanroc and ash ash had one though it is different forms.

Sawyer and the Mega Evolution specials are more than just cameos though.
In all technicality then it is specials or something but highly doubt they will return to kanto

In all technicality then it is specials or something but highly doubt they will return to kanto

Sawyer was a fully main series character, and the Mega Evolution cast ultimately ended up moving to the main series.
A Kanto return is highly likely since LGPE is promoted as a game for 'everyone' and they’d want to showcase a Kanto again for the new generation of children along with LGPE.

Sawyer was a fully main series character, and the Mega Evolution cast ultimately ended up moving to the main series.
A Kanto return is highly likely since LGPE is promoted as a game for 'everyone' and they’d want to showcase a Kanto again for the new generation of children along with LGPE.
Lol just like how likely hgss and oras returned to johto and hoenn

Remember they just travelled to kanto few episodes back lol and the alolan story is very much incomplete and with the pacing of the story now highly doubt they will have time to finish it and return to kanto for a whole gyms and league match lol

Lol just like how likely hgss and oras returned to johto and hoenn
HGSS and ORAS were not so revolutionary games that fans begin speculating if it’s a spin off or not.

Remember they just travelled to kanto few episodes back lol and the alolan story is very much incomplete and with the pacing of the story now highly doubt they will have time to finish it and return to kanto for a whole gyms and league match lol
They’ve got LOTS of time, like late 2019.

Last edited:
HGSS and ORAS were not so revolutionary games that fans begin speculating if it’s a spin off or not lol

They’ve got LOTS of time, like late 2019 lol
Lol you dont even read what i said yeah just wait and see if they ever did return lol

Lol you dont even read what i said yeah just wait and see if they ever did return lol
Do you even read what we're trying to tell you? Remakes do not warrant a new exploration of a region. Just a few nice, visible nods here and there are enough. I already listed my examples above, so I'm not repeating them here. But anyway, like before, we're likely to get some nods towards the Let's Go! games, but I doubt they'll return to Kanto, at least for an extended period of time.

PS. You're overusing "LOL", and it's getting annoying. Please stop.

We're in for a LOT of filler if they aren’t planning a new arc or something, since the SM series is going to last till late 2019.

Atleast they now have lots of time to prevent a rushed league like XY.

With hapu's mudsdale and mina's trial centering on ribombee(also her signature pokemon somehow) and alolan geodude being half electric the chances of this three seems pretty low although i wouldn't count them out yet remember olivia had a lycanroc and ash ash had one though it is different forms.

Then my counterargument is that Kommo-O is a Totem Pokemon and since Ash can do that trial, that means no Jangmo-o for him either.

I think Mudsdale is the most likely for a capture, since Ash needs a Ground type in order to execute Groundium Z, since it will be pointless with Lycanroc, who has its own Z-Crystal and thus not gonna use it.

Exactly: They changed Olivia's Lycanroc from Midnight too Midday because Gladion had Midnight and since Ash has Dusk, its another situation.

Did he actually? He didn't get Dragonium Z for defeating him, meaning it was not an actual official battle.
It was a battle against a Totem. It doesn't matter if he got a crystal out of it or not. It still counts.

Although, I personally don't think Ash will be getting a Jangmo-o, but still, it counts.

Do you even read what we're trying to tell you? Remakes do not warrant a new exploration of a region. Just a few nice, visible nods here and there are enough. I already listed my examples above, so I'm not repeating them here. But anyway, like before, we're likely to get some nods towards the Let's Go! games, but I doubt they'll return to Kanto, at least for an extended period of time.

PS. You're overusing "LOL", and it's getting annoying. Please stop.
Why are you angry at me i just said we will never have a kanto return just a few cameos im not the one who said we will return to kanto READ FIRST OK?

Then my counterargument is that Kommo-O is a Totem Pokemon and since Ash can do that trial, that means no Jangmo-o for him either.

I think Mudsdale is the most likely for a capture, since Ash needs a Ground type in order to execute Groundium Z, since it will be pointless with Lycanroc, who has its own Z-Crystal and thus not gonna use it.

Exactly: They changed Olivia's Lycanroc from Midnight too Midday because Gladion had Midnight and since Ash has Dusk, its another situation.
You just slander your counter arguement with your next sentences LOL! And remember ash could capture a TOTEM pokemon yet mudsdale is own by Hapu so that alone brings its possibility to below 50 and also i just said that it is still a possibility so why get mad at me? Are you all that hungry for arguments and just want to shut up every people who comments here? Lol if you have your own opinion then write it rather that shut other people's opinion OK?

I am so so excited for this wednesday, because I've been making these videos regarding Ash's Pokemon teams for a while now, so I'll post them here then
As for @RileyXY1 , it probably will be ones he's befriended. Maybe like he'll switch them out maybe? Passimian, Wimpod, etc.?

Back
Top Bottom