• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

All of Ash's Pokemon (with the exception of Rowlet) are weak against Ground.
Yeah, but I still wish Ash could've used two more pokemon against Nanu instead of limiting Ash to just Lycanroc. I know why Nanu did it of course, but it seemed like a great opportunity to bring out the newly evolved pokemon. I guess it won't matter what pokemon Ash ends up using for the last trial since we know he's going to win eventually anyway. Nevermind, I'm doing that overthinking thing I normally do.

With Poipole most likely getting released, Ash will be back down to four Pokemon. I think that he will either catch two more Pokemon or use reserves to fill the remaining two spots.

Hypothetical situation, but what if they actually surprised us all and Poipole/Naganadel decided to stay. I'm not saying it will happen, but...
I've been secretly hoping for that, too. Maybe Poipole ends up liking Ash so much that it decides to stay with him?

This may end up being completely wrong, but hey, a man can dream, right?

I've been secretly hoping for that, too. Maybe Poipole ends up liking Ash so much that it decides to stay with him?

This may end up being completely wrong, but hey, a man can dream, right?
Plus Gladion's Silvally vs Ash's Naganadel seems like too good an opportunity to pass up. It's like they were made to fight one another even if just once, you know.

Last edited:
Plus Gladion's Silvally vs Ash's Naganadel seems like too an opportunity to pass up. It's like they were made to fight one another even if just once, you know.
Yeah. I could easily see them clashing at the League. So I reiterate: if Poipole ends up getting released, at least have it happen after the League.

Also, it could not evolve at all. Father/Mother Naganadel could be enough Naganadel representation, and its design it's too complicated and big to work on normal battles.

If Ash were to make any rotations, I thought temporarily swapping Rowlet with a more experience Bulbasaur might help. I don't want to jump to conclusions, but Rowlet might sleep too much like Snorlax did before the Orange League I think it was.

Last edited:
Also, it could not evolve at all. Father/Mother Naganadel could be enough Naganadel representation, and its design it's too complicated and big to work on normal battles.

I'd describe Greninja as complicated enough to rival Naganadel, and we know how that ended up... (they even increased the complicated-ness themselves by adding Ash-Greninja).

I'm positive Poipole/Naganadel will be featured at the league. It might pull a Goodra and return later, like Ash so much that it decides to stay or be released after the league.

If Ash were to make any rotations, I thought temporarily swapping Rowlet with a more experience Bulbasaur might help. I don't want to jump to conclusions, but Rowlet might sleep too much like Snorlax did before the Orange League I think it was.

So Rowlet wastes time for 95% of the SuMo saga and instead of the writers attempting to rectify this issue by at least evolving him at the last minute, they should say "screw it" and simply switch him with Bulbasaur? Not sure how I'd feel about that. It's funny though, because back in XY many fans wanted Ash to rotate Bulbasaur too.

So Rowlet wastes time for 95% of the SuMo saga and instead of the writers attempting to rectify this issue by at least evolving him at the last minute, they should say "screw it" and simply switch him with Bulbasaur? Not sure how I feel about that. It's funny though, because back in XY many fans wanted Ash to rotate Bulbasaur too.
Rowlet does have a decent battle record. The battle against Totem Gumshoos is its only loss so far.

So Rowlet wastes time for 95% of the SuMo saga and instead of the writers attempting to rectify this issue by at least evolving him at the last minute, they should say "screw it" and simply switch him with Bulbasaur? Not sure how I'd feel about that. It's funny though, because back in XY many fans wanted Ash to rotate Bulbasaur too.
Don't get me wrong, the Rowlet's problem should be fixed. I just figured if the writers had to promote LGPE, they could bring back one of Ash's old Kanto pokemon. Personally I prefer Ash to still use Rowlet as much as he can. Sorry if there was any misunderstanding.

Back
Top Bottom