• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

I’m still sure it’s going to be at the league. But how that’s happening is what I’m not certain of.

It might pull a goodra and return from Ultra Space or decide that it likes Ash and Pikachu too much to leave.

Unlike Goodra (Who had a caretaker), Ash cannot contact Poipole since he doesn't know where it is (And its the reverse as well). Them pulling 2 of the same things in 2 series back-to-back is also extremely unlikely.

Ash cannot contact Poipole since he doesn't know where it is (And its the reverse as well).
We cannot be sure of that yet specially if Poipole evolves.

Naganadel already has the power to show illusions to the main cast according to the preview, a power which doesn’t exist in the games. It would not be implausible if Naganadel remembers the path it took as a Poipole to reach Alola.

Them pulling 2 of the same things in 2 series back-to-back is also extremely unlikely.

They pulled off Squishy and Nebby in 2 series back-to-back.

We cannot be sure of that yet specially if Poipole evolves.

Naganadel already has the power to show illusions to the main cast according to the preview, a power which doesn’t exist in the games. It would not be implausible if Naganadel remembers the path it took as a Poipole to reach Alola.

They pulled off Squishy and Nebby in 2 series back-to-back.

Exactly: They already did it. So i doubt they would do it again with Poipole.

And come too add: If Poipole leaves, its in the wild, meaning its released (Unlike Goodra, who has a caretaker, just like Squirtle and Charizard), so it cannot even join Ash during the league, since its not his Pokemon anymore.

Exactly: They already did it. So i doubt they would do it again with Poipole.
I really don’t know what are you trying to show here since they had no problem in repeating a trend in back-to-back series. They would have no issues in repeating another if the plot calls for it.

If Poipole leaves, its in the wild, meaning its released (Unlike Goodra, who has a caretaker, just like Squirtle and Charizard), so it cannot even join Ash during the league, since its not his Pokemon anymore.

It depends on how the departure happens. If Ash doesn’t release it from its Pokeball Poipole is free to return.

The Sun and Moon series has had problems with developing the main cast's Pokemon so I'm not convinced that they’re throwing away Poipole after all that investment, only to start on ground zero with Ash's fifth and sixth captures.
They’re already starving for developed Pokémon so they will not throw away an already developed capture, specially if it shows Ash as a unique trainer in the league with a UB.

I really don’t know what are you trying to show here since they had no problem in repeating a trend in back-to-back series. They would have no issues in repeating another if the plot calls for it.

It depends on how the departure happens. If Ash doesn’t release it from its Pokeball Poipole is free to return.

But the thing is: They also never showed Pidgeot, Lapras and Butterfree being released from their balls, so that is no indication. We also never saw Greninja being released from his ball, despite it being in the wild (And thus being released).

But the thing is: They also never showed Pidgeot, Lapras and Butterfree being released from their balls, so that is no indication. We also never saw Greninja being released from his ball, despite it being in the wild (And thus being released).

So hypothetically they may be free to return.

We do not have enough evidence to make a generalisation that Poipole cannot return.

Primeape and Squirtle are classified as 'In Training' and Charizard is at Oak's lab if I'm not mistaken.

You are mistaken. Charizard wasn't at Oaks when the class visited Kanto (While the Squirtle Squad was).

But thats not the point.

Charizard, Squirtle and Primeape are classified in training, because they have a caretaker Ash can contact too sent a Pokemon over. Goodra is in the same situation. This is the point i try too make. If Goodra is classed as released, despite having a caretaker at the swamp, because he is around wild mons, then technically, Charizard and Squirtle are also released, despite having a caretaker, because they also are around wild mons. There is literally no difference between the Goodra and Charizard and Squirtle situations.

However there is a difference with the Pidgeot, Butterfree, Lapras and Greninja situation, since they are all in the wild without a caretaker Ash can contact, meaning only they are his released mons.

You are mistaken. Charizard wasn't at Oaks when the class visited Kanto (While the Squirtle Squad was).
There were many other of Ash's Pokémon we didn't see during that visit, either. That's not a proof. Ash was seen leaving Charizard at the lab after his Unova journey. And as for Squirtle, Rotom went on a journey to take photos of all Kanto Pokémon, so it necessarily wasn't even at the lab when taking a photo of the Squirtle Squad.

The caretaker distinction isn’t official and consistent at all. What I’d consider an official release with no chance of coming back is the explicit Pokeball release.

Everything else is too dubious with Pokémon returning.

There were many other of Ash's Pokémon we didn't see during that visit, either. That's not a proof. Ash was seen leaving Charizard at the lab after his Unova journey. And as for Squirtle, Rotom went on a journey to take photos of all Kanto Pokémon, so it necessarily wasn't even at the lab when taking a photo of the Squirtle Squad.

Lol. Rotom was at the lab, i mean, come on. How does he explore all of Kanto in 10 minutes. Be real here.

If Charizard was at the lab, why did they use a flashback of Charizard in the Valley instead of showing Charizard instead.

Other Pokemon don't have anything too go too than the lab. Charizard has wings and thus can come and go as he pleases and for all we know he takes Bulbasaur on his back too visit Pidgeot.

Lol. Rotom was at the lab, i mean, come on. How does he explore all of Kanto in 10 minutes. Be real here.
It wasn't ten minutes. It was an entire day.
If Charizard was at the lab, why did they use a flashback of Charizard in the Valley instead of showing Charizard instead.
That was just Ash, Brock, and Misty reminiscing. And I dunno, not even Kingler was seen.
Other Pokemon don't have anything too go too than the lab. Charizard has wings and thus can come and go as he pleases and for all we know he takes Bulbasaur on his back too visit Pidgeot.
When Ash came to visit his Pokémon at the start of the Battle Frontier saga, all of his Pokémon came to greet him, not just the ones with wings. That's no excuse.

Charizard has been at the lab since Best Wishes.

Despite what Bulbapedia say, none of the released pokemon are comfirmed to be actually released in technical sense, unless their trainer release them from their pokeball, as Paul did, and/or broke the pokeball, like Jessie did. But Poipole's state is dubious: it has no pokeball, since they caught it with an Ultra Ball, a ball designed to be temporary, just like other UBs.

Back
Top Bottom