• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

No offence but I think Eevee will be wasted on Lana, based on what she’s been doing since the series’ beginning. They seem to be incapable of giving the the companion’s Pokémon enough attention.

Yeah, she's better off getting that Dewpider they apparently have forgotten about

Ash is the right choice for Eevee, especially as it'll likely end up turning into a new Eeveelution later on. Of which none of the others specialize in that type as those Eevees have already been done. Only Dragon/Ghost/Ground/Rock/Flying/Poison/Bug remain
And even if it ends up Vaporeon, Ash would still be the right choice. He desperately needs another Pokemon, and Vaporeon gives the Alola squad more coverage. Plus another fully evolved Water type for him

Yeah, she's better off getting that Dewpider they apparently have forgotten about

Ash is the right choice for Eevee, especially as it'll likely end up turning into a new Eeveelution later on. Of which none of the others specialize in that type as those Eevees have already been done. Only Dragon/Ghost/Ground/Rock/Flying/Poison/Bug remain
And even if it ends up Vaporeon, Ash would still be the right choice. He desperately needs another Pokemon, and Vaporeon gives the Alola squad more coverage. Plus another fully evolved Water type for him

Even with Ash Eevee does more harm than good in the long run if the pattern continues:

3-3-1-2-3-1-2: So that means gen 8 gets three starters again. This means Ash's team is all starter except for one, which is a bad thing and people will be pissed if the Box Eevee after a possible Eeveelution.

Factor is that Kiawe is the best candidate for the Eevee, since he needs 3 Pokemon for the league, since the Charizard techncially isn't his (Else we have to count Lapras for Lana to).

Even with Ash Eevee does more harm than good in the long run if the pattern continues:

3-3-1-2-3-1-2: So that means gen 8 gets three starters again. This means Ash's team is all starter except for one, which is a bad thing and people will be pissed if the Box Eevee after a possible Eeveelution.

First of all, the obligatory: Patterns are not reliable now.

And this Eevee could easily pull an Aipom and evolve.

I still don't see the harm in Ash catching Eevee, regardless of how it's used. I mean, whether it stays as an Eevee for the rest of SuMo or evolves seems like a minor thing in the long run, and even if it sticks with Ash in Gen 8, I find it silly that some fans are already claiming that it'll doom Ash's next team as if we even know for certain what'll happen a year from now...

I find it silly that some fans are already claiming that it'll doom Ash's next team as if we even know for certain what'll happen a year from now...
I mean, the fact does remain that Pikachu, Eevee, and one Gen 8 starter (even when disregarding past patterns, there's no way he doesn't get at least one of them) already makes half a team very early on. I can definitely see their concerns if that's what the claims are about; three slots aren't really a whole lot to work with, and that's assuming he doesn't fill one or, god forbid, two more with other starters.

We've seen from BW that a regularly rotating team really crippled his Pokémon in terms of character development, so... what do we do instead? I don't really see him trading Eevee away like the last tagalong newbie Aipom.

I don't think there is any reason to expect a rotation of greater than 6 again, considering the last two series have gone in the opposite direction, with Ash not having 6 together at one time anymore, they have "rotated" by release lately in order to ensure enough development time, not to mention keep companions from having anywhere near a full team. I think the only chance for large teams in the future is if the new Pokemon in the generation is really high again, and I have no idea if we expect that or not.

That being said, if this Eevee stayed and evolved into a gen VIII Pokemon, i don't see that as a constriction of a spot, I see it as a great opportunity to have an awesome new gen VIII Pokemon. If Eevee stayed and didn't evolve, then I could see it being disappointing, but let's be real here, there is no way its going to stay for multiple generations and be a second Pikachu. If Gen VI and VII are any indication, odds are he isn't even going to have 6 at one time anyway. Just hope he gets some good Gen VIII Pokemon and it isn't all starters and a designated balloon popper or sleeper...

Last edited:
Well, every Pokemon has an excuse for turning out the way it did. A chunk of the BW Pokemon were supposed to lend a hand against the gyms and league and do little else. That's very similar to Togekiss' role except for the time of capture.

Back
Top Bottom