• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

Actually Poipole was never released from its beast ball. For all we know Ash still has the Beast ball.

I can make the same argument for Pidgeot, Butterfree and Lapras. They were never released from their Pokemon, so they are still Ash's.

If a Pokemon doesn't have a human caretaker but being in the wild, it has to be seen as released, since then the trainer has no way of getting the Pokemon, since he cannot locate it.

I can make the same argument for Pidgeot, Butterfree and Lapras. They were never released from their Pokemon, so they are still Ash's.

If a Pokemon doesn't have a human caretaker but being in the wild, it has to be seen as released, since then the trainer has no way of getting the Pokemon, since he cannot locate it.

You’re just making the rules on your own now with no basis in recent canon.
For all we know those Pokemon still have their Pokeballs and could be called upon, but the writers have forgotten about them.

There’s nothing stopping Ash to have another battle that opens up a wormhole to Poipole’s world.

You’re just making the rules on your own now with no basis in recent canon.
For all we know those Pokemon still have their Pokeballs and could be called upon, but the writers have forgotten about them.

There’s nothing stopping Ash to have another battle that opens up a wormhole to Poipole’s world.

Lapras in the wild, Ash cannot locate him
Butterfree in the wild, Ash cannot locate him
Pidgeot in the wild. Ash can potentially locate him, because he knows where he is, but he will not recapture/recall him.
Greninja in the wild, Ash cannot locate him
Poipole in the wild, Ash cannot locate him.

Charizard in the wild - Has a human caretaker, Ash can locate him
Goodra in the wild - has a human caretaker, Ash can locate him.

Everyone to Poipole is released, since Ash doesn't know where they are or he decided they can be with other wild mons (Pidgeot), so they cannot join his team unless he recaptures them and we all know he will NEVER do that, since that isn't in his nature and it will take away from their leaving episodes.

It would be harder for Ash to reclaim Poipole than any other released Pokemon because it is in another dimension. Bringing Poipole back is lazy writing.

Lapras in the wild, Ash cannot locate him
Butterfree in the wild, Ash cannot locate him
Pidgeot in the wild. Ash can potentially locate him, because he knows where he is, but he will not recapture/recall him.
Greninja in the wild, Ash cannot locate him
Poipole in the wild, Ash cannot locate him.

Charizard in the wild - Has a human caretaker, Ash can locate him
Goodra in the wild - has a human caretaker, Ash can locate him.

Everyone to Poipole is released, since Ash doesn't know where they are or he decided they can be with other wild mons (Pidgeot), so they cannot join his team unless he recaptures them and we all know he will NEVER do that, since that isn't in his nature and it will take away from their leaving episodes.

How does not being able to locate Pokemon make Ash’s Pokeballs worthless?
The Pokemon were never ‘disconnected’ from them unlike Chimchar.

We now know random moves can open wormholes to other worlds too, including Poipole’s world. A wormhole could coincidentally open.

How does not being able to locate Pokemon make Ash’s Pokeballs worthless?
The Pokemon were never ‘disconnected’ from them unlike Chimchar.

We now know random moves can open wormholes to other worlds too, including Poipole’s world. A wormhole could coincidentally open.

I never said his Pokeballs are worthless, just that when a Pokemon is in the wild, Ash has no way of locating them.

Actually, I agree with martianmister in that Poipole really has no business being anywhere near a league conference in its present level and somewhat with RileyXY1 in that a sudden return may be a bit lazy. It wouldn't be an exaggeration to say that it's among one of Ash's least experienced Pokémon of all time; with only two moves and one trainer battle under its belt as of now. If Poipole really must return then I'd prefer the return to not happen mid-league because, unlike Goodra, Poipole isn't an established powerhouse with previous notable triumphs. We frankly don't know enough about its battlefield presence to justify cutting the comeback so close again.

What I'm saying is that the moment ought to be set sometime before the event so we can finally be introduced to Poipole's capabilities without it seeming like too much of an asspull. Then training, and once league time is upon us, we'll have a better idea of what it can do. Honestly, a Naganadel suddenly swooping down to give Ash that long-desired league victory sounds like something out of an angry viewer's protest fanfic if you ask me.

And even then he'd be one short of the pretty-much-mandatory full party, assuming no new captures along the way. They've basically written themselves into an even bigger corner than last time.

What I'm saying is that the moment ought to be set sometime before the event so we can finally be introduced to Poipole's capabilities without it seeming like too much of an asspull. Then training, and once league time is upon us, we'll have a better idea of what it can do. Honestly, a Naganadel suddenly swooping down to give Ash that long-desired league victory sounds like something out of an angry viewer's protest fanfic if you ask me.
Who says Naganadel should let Ash win the whole thing?

Actually, I agree with martianmister in that Poipole really has no business being anywhere near a league conference in its present level and somewhat with RileyXY1 in that a sudden return may be a bit lazy. It wouldn't be an exaggeration to say that it's among one of Ash's least experienced Pokémon of all time; with only two moves and one trainer battle under its belt as of now. If Poipole really must return then I'd prefer the return to not happen mid-league because, unlike Goodra, Poipole isn't an established powerhouse with previous notable triumphs. We frankly don't know enough about its battlefield presence to justify cutting the comeback so close again.

And even then he'd be one short of the pretty-much-mandatory full party, assuming no new captures along the way. They've basically written themselves into an even bigger corner than last time.

That’s pretty much the way I want a Poipole return to go.

I think we'll get trolled and the writing will just have 3 on 3 battles through the top 8, where Ash will lose and this story will come to a conclusion.
Four Islands
Four Kahuna
Four Tapu
Four pokémon in a Battle Royale
Ash, Hau, Gladion, Kiawe
Winner battles Royal Mask

Four Islands
Four Kahuna
Four Tapu
Four pokémon in a Battle Royale
Ash, Hau, Gladion, Kiawe
Winner battles Royal Mask

I see what you did there, I guess the four team pokemon does make sense. Still, this series is tragic.

And while we are at it...

Three Rings for the Elven-kings under the sky,
Seven for the Dwarf-lords in their halls of stone,
Nine for Mortal Men doomed to die,
One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne
In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.
One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them
In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.

Actually for all we know Butterfree could be currently hanging around somewhere in Alola. Last I've seen of it, it was released/sent out from a ballon somewhere above the sea. Aside from that, I wouldn't put it below the staff (don't blame only the writers for everything, they ultimately have to do what the producers want because they decide) to have any Pokemon just coincidentally meeting Ash in Alola. They are also very well capable of pulling a last minute catch of a strong Pokemon to fight in the league though I more likely think, there ultimately is no real league in Alola or it has a different rule set from what we expect.

Back
Top Bottom