Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

Unown Seer

Get out.
Reaction score
Sending Melmetal to Giovanni would be a disaster; I am not sure how rotting at Oak's is the least justified option. Anyway, it is not hard to imagine Melmetal protecting a bunch of Meltan, be it in Alola or Kanto. For that matter, Silvally (of a suitable type) and Incineroar should be able to take down a newly evolved Melmetal.

BigDocFan

Reaction score
SM108 has shown Mallow befriend a Shaymin but the question is, has she befriended it or will she actually capture it

BigDocFan

Reaction score
I know Serebii isn't allowed on Bulbapedia but it is quoted as saying ''Mallow found Shaymin on Poni Island after Tapu Fini's mist made her see her departed mother. After the mist cleared, Mallow found Shaymin. She decided to look after Shaymin until it changes form and can fly away. ''

PkmnTrainerV

Flame Trainer
Reaction score
I think they’re going for a double Nebby situation with parts of the group taking care of different mythicals:

Shaymin: Mallow, Lillie, Lana
Meltan: Ash, Kiawe, Sophocles.

FinnishPokéFan92

The ocean is my Cloyster.
Reaction score
I know Serebii isn't allowed on Bulbapedia but it is quoted as saying ''Mallow found Shaymin on Poni Island after Tapu Fini's mist made her see her departed mother. After the mist cleared, Mallow found Shaymin. She decided to look after Shaymin until it changes form and can fly away. ''
I see. Let's wait for the subtitles and see what they'll have to say.

PkmnTrainerV

Flame Trainer
Reaction score
Torracat will probably end up as the starter Pokemon Ash owns with the least amount of battle opponents...

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Reaction score
We don't even have a summary for SM112, so we cannot say for certain who is catching Meltan.

Violeta

Colours
Reaction score
I'm sure I missed something, but when was it confirmed that a cast member would catch Meltan?

Violeta

Colours
Reaction score
The Sun & Moon episode 112 title says "Meltan Gettoda ze!" or "Get, Meltan!"
Ew. I wouldn't mind seeing Meltan in the cast as Nebby 2.0, but the thought of someone catching it bugs me. I hope it's not Ash even if he does kinda need a new Pokemon soon. :unsure:

FinnishPokéFan92

Reaction score
Ew. I wouldn't mind seeing Meltan in the cast as Nebby 2.0, but the thought of someone catching it bugs me. I hope it's not Ash even if he does kinda need a new Pokemon soon. :unsure:
Next week could tell a lot. If Ash gets a Steelium Z from the grand trial, it's much more likely that Meltan will go to him.

SinnohEevee

Reaction score
I wonder why would there be a Shaymin arc. Sinnoh remakes aren't coming before Gen 8.

Twilight-Kun

Megalomaniacal toaster on a keyboard
Reaction score
Didn't expect Mallow to kidnap a Shaymin and keep it from flying away. Really undercut the rest of the episode.

FinnishPokéFan92

Reaction score
I wonder why would there be a Shaymin arc. Sinnoh remakes aren't coming before Gen 8.
But who knows when Gen 8 is coming out? Rumors based on Junichi Masuda's tweets say that the revelation for the new games could be coming out in a few days.