• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

But it gets scanned before the league as well, so they can insert the date on the wikipage (Infopage) league trainers can acces to prepare for a match.
Wow I really hate to respond to this again, but this theory really needs to be put to rest so people can freely speculate without having their ideas shunned and there is actual evidence that can all but debunk it. The computer systems (which we haven't even seen at every league) likely just records information from highly publicized battles. We know that no one knew Tobias had anything but Darkrai, and he was looked up in the computer system in the Sinnoh League. It was mentioned several times he won all his gym battles and league battles with only Darkrai, so the logical conclusion is that the computer system only has information from highly publicized battles (although that is only a theory, we know for certain it had no information about his other Pokemon so we know for certain he doesn't have to register all his Pokemon into it with his magic Pokedex that every in the world is required to own...). We also know that no one knew Cameron had his Hydreigon, so there are multiple examples of league trainers having Pokemon that aren't recorded in the database. I really hope this, although with multitudes of other evidence mentioned above, is enough to finally put this theory to rest, but I know it will pop up again, unmodified, in the future will all this being conveniently ignored.

Thank you to @FinnishPokéFan92 for mentioning that Ash's Pokedex is his only form of ID, I had forgotten to say that earlier. I would imagine we can glean some information from contests to know what other trainers do, May and Dawn had to use their contest passes as their ID to register for Grand Festival. When May swiped her contest pass in the festivals she participated in, information about her ribbons and the Pokemon she had used in contests in that particular region popped up on the screen. I think it would be a pretty safe assumption that the same would be true with any trainer who swipes their trainer ID to join the league, the highly publicized battle information (most likely just gym battles and past leagues) will populate along with the official badges they won. Yes this is just speculation, but it is speculation based on fact we have with a very similar competition in the very same show.

And with all that being said, we still have no idea what the rules will be for Alola, because it is a completely different and brand new league, the exciting part about that being we should be able to freely speculate that anything is possible, so there could be restrictive registration rules, or there could be almost no rules at all. I still actually think there is some chance that Mallow, Lana, Sophocles, and Lillie could all enter together as one trainer, since then they would have enough Pokemon to complete in any setting. I don't think I would really like such an entry, its just something I think this series could do, because I don't think that very many more captures will happen in the series.

I still actually think there is some chance that Mallow, Lana, Sophocles, and Lillie could all enter together as one trainer, since then they would have enough Pokemon to complete in any setting.

Now I’m imagining them pull off a Vincent Adultman...

Thank you to @FinnishPokéFan92 for mentioning that Ash's Pokedex is his only form of ID, I had forgotten to say that earlier. I would imagine we can glean some information from contests to know what other trainers do, May and Dawn had to use their contest passes as their ID to register for Grand Festival. When May swiped her contest pass in the festivals she participated in, information about her ribbons and the Pokemon she had used in contests in that particular region popped up on the screen. I think it would be a pretty safe assumption that the same would be true with any trainer who swipes their trainer ID to join the league, the highly publicized battle information (most likely just gym battles and past leagues) will populate along with the official badges they won. Yes this is just speculation, but it is speculation based on fact we have with a very similar competition in the very same show.

But thats the keyword: ID. If you don't have a Pokedex, you don't have a trainer id.

May or Dawn needed to let their pokedex scan, else they couldn't get their contest passes.

With Ash looking set to get a Meltan, temporary or not, do you think they’ll fill out its movset and finally give Ash a Pokemon with an electric type move besides Pikachu?

With Ash looking set to get a Meltan, temporary or not, do you think they’ll fill out its movset and finally give Ash a Pokemon with an electric type move besides Pikachu?
I don't think so. Although, Meltan only knows seven moves by level up. They are Headbutt, Harden, Tail Whip, Thunder Wave, Thunder Shock, Acid Armor, and Flash Cannon.

I don't think so. Although, Meltan only knows seven moves by level up. They are Headbutt, Harden, Tail Whip, Thunder Wave, Thunder Shock, Acid Armor, and Flash Cannon.

Thunderbolt via TM, and Thunder Punch upon evolution.

But thats the keyword: ID. If you don't have a Pokedex, you don't have a trainer id.

May or Dawn needed to let their pokedex scan, else they couldn't get their contest passes.
Because Jessie totally used her Pokedex to get a contest pass. Why do you keep ignoring the fact that the vast majority of the Pokemon world doesn't have a Pokedex?

I get your going to never give up on trying to force us all to accept your head canon, but please stop responding to my posts with it, I thought we had wrapped this silly thing up two months ago.

Because Jessie totally used her Pokedex to get a contest pass. Why do you keep ignoring the fact that the vast majority of the Pokemon world doesn't have a Pokedex?

I get your going to never give up on trying to force us all to accept your head canon, but please stop responding to my posts with it, I thought we had wrapped this silly thing up two months ago.

Go watch Black and White episode 103, Curtain Up Unova League.

Cameron needed to register his pokedex, so they could insert how many badges he had. Meaning that without a pokedex, you cannot enter the league in the first place, because whats the point in 'registering the pokedex' if you can just show the badges.

No, you are totally wrong on this subject, because in this episode, its factually proven you need to register for the league using a Pokedex.

Go watch Black and White episode 103, Curtain Up Unova League.

Cameron needed to register his pokedex, so they could insert how many badges he had. Meaning that without a pokedex, you cannot enter the league in the first place, because whats the point in 'registering the pokedex' if you can just show the badges.

No, you are totally wrong on this subject, because in this episode, its factually proven you need to register for the league using a Pokedex.
Cameron needed to register with his pokedex because that was his trainer ID. Trainers that have a Pokedex are able to use it as trainer ID, while trainers that don't have one (the vast majority of trainers) have another form of ID. Cameron had a starter Pokemon and a Pokedex, so I would assume he likely got both from Juniper, but many trainers don't get starter Pokemon from regional professors. You still ignore the fact that most trainers don't have a Pokedex, in fact you ignore just about everything everyone says that goes against your predetermined beliefs.

I didn't think I would ever need to use the ignore button, but I just can't handle this nonsense anymore. I've wasted far too much of my time and energy on an endless cycle. I have told you multiple times (including 2 months ago) that I had no interest in arguing your head canons and you still had to shun my recent post with this nonsense and start this annoying cycle all over again, so letting you know, you can continue to harass me with your nonsense, but I will no longer see it since I have used the ignore button.

I recall folks wanting him to catch an Alolan Sandshrew. Between it and Meltan, I dunno which I loathe more.

Meltan easily. Atleast Sandshrew was not a mythical...

Poipole deserved to evolve and remain on Ash's team much more than Meltan. They’ll have to work really hard for me to accept its addition.

Cameron needed to register with his pokedex because that was his trainer ID. Trainers that have a Pokedex are able to use it as trainer ID

Their, a contradiction to your earlier statement.

You need a Pokedex in order to have a trainer ID, else their is no point in needing to register the Pokedex if you can just show it, since according to you, you don't need a Pokedex to have one (While its factually proven in Unova you need to register your ID using a Pokedex) and Ash registered his Pokedex and ID in Kalos as well before he went on his journey.

Their, a contradiction to your earlier statement.

You need a Pokedex in order to have a trainer ID,

Are you intentionally misreading it? Its quite clear that they meant to say that Trainers with a Pokédex can use it as an id but it isn’t mandated since a large majority of trainers don’t have one. And other trainers (due to not having a Pokédex) have other forms of identification.

Brock didn’t have a Pokédex and was a trainer. Same for Misty.
There are also other trainers who got their first Pokemon without a professor’s intervention.

Back
Top Bottom