• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

Are you intentionally misreading it? Its quite clear that they meant to say that Trainers with a Pokédex can use it as an id but it isn’t mandated since a large majority of trainers don’t have one. And other trainers (due to not having a Pokédex) have other forms of identification.

Brock didn’t have a Pokédex and was a trainer. Same for Misty.
There are also other trainers who got their first Pokemon without a professor’s intervention.

That we don't see a Pokedex, doesn't mean they don't have one.

For example: We haven't seen Sawyers Pokedex, but he clearly has one.

Whats the point in having a Pokedex in the first place, if you don't need one. That doesn't make any sense.

Whats the point in having a Pokedex in the first place, if you don't need one. That doesn't make any sense.
If you forgot that, Pokedex is a mini-encyclopedia for beginner trainers. And it's a convenient way to identificate them and follow their accomplishments as well.

Are you telling me Brock was borrowing Ash’s Pokédex just for lols? He clearly is/was a trainer.

Not talking about Brock and Misty here, but just trainers in general.

Brock and Misty, Cilan and Clemont might be exceptions because they are Gym Leaders and they don't need a Pokedex, because they aren't supposed to travel, because they need to be in the area in order to take on a challenge.

If you forgot that, Pokedex is a mini-encyclopedia for beginner trainers. And it's a convenient way to identificate them and follow their accomplishments as well.

Which is a funny non-argument, since every trainer that starts out on its journey (Starting Pokemon from the professor or not), is a beginner trainer (So with that argument, every trainer should have a Pokedex, since they are all start out as beginners).

Not talking about Brock and Misty here, but just trainers in general.

Brock and Misty, Cilan and Clemont might be exceptions because they are Gym Leaders and they don't need a Pokedex, because they aren't supposed to travel, because they need to be in the area in order to take on a challenge.

They had to be trainers before Gym leaders though.
There are also trainers like Samurai, Jessie and James.
Jessie’s clearly a recognised trainer without a Pokédex since she was allowed in various official competitions.

So with that argument, every trainer should have a Pokedex, since they are all start out as beginners.
Nope, because trainers can use other forms of digital devices or even books to check for information. Pokedex is just a free bonus which you can get from professor.

Three Generation VIII Pokemon have been revealed, the grass starter Grookey, the fire starter Scorbunny and the water starter Sobble

Knowing the pattern, Ash is likely to catch one, if not two or all three of these starters, which ones do you think Ash will catch

I'm hoping for just one and he'll probably catch Grookey

Three Generation VIII Pokemon have been revealed, the grass starter Grookey, the fire starter Scorbunny and the water starter Sobble

Knowing the pattern, Ash is likely to catch one, if not two or all three of these starters, which ones do you think Ash will catch

I'm hoping for just one and he'll probably catch Grookey
I think Scorbunny suits Ash the best.

I think Ash will capture all three starters... they've been on a rotation

Johto: all three
Hoenn: just one
Sinnoh: two
Unova: three
Kalos: one
Alola: two

so I think they are due for all three in this go round. Unless they choose to break the cycle which I wouldn't be surprised if they do.

Catching all three will do nothing but remind me of BW, which blew hard (not for that reason, but it'll be reminiscent nonetheless). I hope for my sanity's sake that he breaks this pattern and catches just one or two.

Since the next series will be probably battle focused since they’re switching themes every series since DP, Ash will not get the three starters imo.

I think he’ll get the fire and grass starter, fully evolving atleast Scorbunny.

Since the next series will be probably battle focused since they’re switching themes every series since DP, Ash will not get the three starters imo.

I think he’ll get the fire and grass starter, fully evolving atleast Scorbunny.

Yeah no.

Sobble seems to be the most popular at the moment and Ash usually gets the most popular first forms.

Scorbunny however, is not gonna evolve, since it seems the most goofy and comedic out of the three and those Pokemon tend not to evolve.

Yeah no.

Sobble seems to be the most popular at the moment and Ash usually gets the most popular first forms.

Scorbunny however, is not gonna evolve, since it seems the most goofy and comedic out of the three and those Pokemon tend not to evolve.

The most popular one actually remains in the base stage.
You cannot tell which one is the most popular or most comedic till atleast a week.

'Most comedic' is highly subjective since I think Grookey is the most comedic since it is known to be mischievous and bothered Sobble in its first appearance.

And Sobble is popular in the 'So bad that it’s good' way like Popplio.
There's even a Sobble gang like the Popplio defence Squad.

My point is that you cannot gauge the most popular starter right on the first day, and comedic personality is subjective. The only one with objective comedic use currently is Grookey because it’s officially said to be mischievous.

The most popular one actually remains in the base stage.
You cannot tell which one is the most popular or most comedic till atleast a week.

'Most comedic' is highly subjective since I think Grookey is the most comedic since it is known to be mischievous and bothered Sobble in its first appearance.

And Sobble is popular in the 'So bad that it’s good' way like Popplio.
There's even a Sobble gang like the Popplio defence Squad.

My point is that you cannot gauge the most popular starter right on the first day, and comedic personality is subjective. The only one with objective comedic use currently is Grookey because it’s officially said to be mischievous.

Look at Scorbunny's face. Thats Chespins. The face expression says it all.

Back
Top Bottom