• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

It is official, Ash has caught Meltan

Wonder what moves other than Flash Cannon we will see from it

Meltan is one of those Pokemon that can't learn that many moves, so it probably won't battle much until it evolves and gains access to more moves.

Or it could end up like Poipole and be released.
SM likes repeating its plots.

We knew Poipole would be released from the start though (it was explicitly stated that Ash was only to keep it until they found its homeworld), and it was part of a story arc. Meltan isn't part of an arc like Nebby and Poipole were.

And evolving into Melmetal is a given. It's a Gen 7 Pokemon, so it has to be shown off in this series.

Last edited:
On one hand it makes no sense for Meltan to leave Mokuroh after all that "bonding" they experienced, on the other hand it's still SM so "anything can happen." Guys, I know it's very unlikely, but what if...

Mokuroh and Meltan will be released together?

Nothing has hinted at Meltan being released

Nebby was part of the SM adaptation arc
Poipole was part of the USUM adaptation arc

There are no more game plots to adapt, all we've got left now plot-wise is Mohn and the League. Meltan isn't part of an arc, it's just a late addition to Ash's team, similar to Snorunt or Gible.

And evolving into Melmetal is a given. It's a Gen 7 Pokemon, so it has to be shown off in this series.

Same could’ve been said for Naganadel (and for all of Ash's unevolved Pokemon) though. They just featured a different individual that was evolved.

And let's not forget Meltan's evolution features merger of many individuals so there's still the possibility that Meltan wants to join its wild friends to evolve, and leaves Ash.

I don’t see Ash using a Melmetal at the league.

Same could’ve been said for Naganadel (and for all of Ash's unevolved Pokemon) though. They just featured a different individual that was evolved.

And let's not forget Meltan's evolution features merger of many individuals so there's still the possibility that Meltan wants to join its wild friends to evolve, and leaves Ash.

Yeah. Melmetal might be too powerful for Ash to have. At least he got his first Steel-type though.

His main rival (Gladion) is using a Legendary (Silvally), so I don't see why Ash can't use Melmetal.

So how long will Ash keep Meltman I say under 10-15ep at least he won’t keep it long sadly to say proven to be true

Meltan/Rowlett have a friendship they will likely be Oak'd together. No idea why people keep assume Meltan has to be released.

I guess I’m happy he has steel type now he needs fairy type

Wel think about Ash had amazing bond with Greninga he left
Might be true he could leave after the league though I wonder does ash still needs to battle another alolha trial or is he fin and what about Kiwai did he completed his

Until the end of the series.
Until the end meltman will leave Ash to go back with friends because they need to turn into giant physical form

Meltan/Rowlett have a friendship they will likely be Oak'd together. No idea why people keep assume Meltan has to be released.
What do u think?

Scorbunny looks like a stereotypical shonen hero, so I don't think the girl will get it.

I am still on the train that Ash will get all three starters, I don't think the female character from the games will be his companion this time around either. We'll probably get the generic two gym leaders as companions treatment this go round.

Back
Top Bottom