• Another exciting episode of Bulbacast has been uploaded to YouTube. Watch it here.
  • Grookey, Scorbunny or Sobble, which one do you love most? Want to show your support with a cool banner, check out the info here!

Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

L-05308

Reaction score
Meltan will most likely have Thundershock, which means that the argument that "Ash can't get any Electric-type Pokemon or any other Pokemon wit an Electric-type move because of Pikachu" is dead. This may allow Ash's hypothetical Scorbunny to fully evolve should it become Fire/Electric.
It does have ThunderShock...

ii kanji

In this life or that
Reaction score
Why does Satoshi need Meltan to break this so-called trend in order to give him any other pokemon which has electric typing/an electric move? The production team will do as they see fit regardless.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Reaction score
Why does Satoshi need Meltan to break this so-called trend in order to give him any other pokemon which has electric typing/an electric move? The production team will do as they see fit regardless.
Some people believe that because of Pikachu Ash can't catch any Electric-type Pokemon or any other Pokemon with an Electric-type move. Meltan getting Thundershock will help open fans up to the possibility of Ash catching another Electric-type.

martianmister

マーシャンミスター
Reaction score
It's more about proving to others how wrong they were.

Sakuraa

Cute bunny baby
Reaction score
I guess Meltan is here to be the one to use the Steelium-Z and Corkscrew Crash. I actually thought they'd let Pikachu handle that since he has Iron Tail, but whatever.

It's great that he finally has a steel-type. I only wonder if he'll keep it considering that it's a Mythical.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Reaction score
I guess Meltan is here to be the one to use the Steelium-Z and Corkscrew Crash. I actually thought they'd let Pikachu handle that since he has Iron Tail, but whatever.

It's great that he finally has a steel-type. I only wonder if he'll keep it considering that it's a Mythical.
I think that Meltan will be released like Nebby and Poipole were.

Nicolas721

Reaction score
After Poipole, I can't really blame people for thinking that Meltan will be released before the league without taking part in any significant battle. However, I'm positive that this time will be different, as: 1)Meltan learned its first move quickly than Poipole, 2) Ash does need more Pokemon for the league and 3) Not all Pokemon who belonged to a pack or group have been released, those are minority: Bulbasaur, Muk, Heracross, Taillow, Treecko, Turtwig, Gligar, Palpitoad, Roggenrola and Rowlet had "families" and weren't released because of that.

PkmnTrainerV

Flame Trainer
Reaction score
3) Not all Pokemon who belonged to a pack or group have been released, those are minority: Bulbasaur, Muk, Heracross, Taillow, Treecko, Turtwig, Gligar, Palpitoad, Roggenrola and Rowlet had "families" and weren't released because of that.
The issue is that none of them were so integrated within their family, to the point that they evolve via fusion.

MegaGreninga

Reaction score
hey guys i have question
Kiawi pokemon
Turtnatro
Charziard
Morkawk

doesn't he needs three more pokemon in the league?
hopeful
he has three pokemon that fire with mix elements
dragon
'flying
ghost

he might need a water type for Ash Lycanroc, Ground, and fighting type may be though he could use pokemon from his farm but unkown to be true
'

BigDocFan

Reaction score
hey guys i have question
Kiawi pokemon
Turtnatro
Charziard
Morkawk

doesn't he needs three more pokemon in the league?
hopeful
he has three pokemon that fire with mix elements
dragon
'flying
ghost

he might need a water type for Ash Lycanroc, Ground, and fighting type may be though he could use pokemon from his farm but unkown to be true
'
Problem with Kiawe is he specializes in Fire types, SM005 said he doesn't do well with water types

MegaGreninga

Reaction score
What Pokémon he will capture?

After Poipole, I can't really blame people for thinking that Meltan will be released before the league without taking part in any significant battle. However, I'm positive that this time will be different, as: 1)Meltan learned its first move quickly than Poipole, 2) Ash does need more Pokemon for the league and 3) Not all Pokemon who belonged to a pack or group have been released, those are minority: Bulbasaur, Muk, Heracross, Taillow, Treecko, Turtwig, Gligar, Palpitoad, Roggenrola and Rowlet had "families" and weren't released because of that.
I don’t understand what u mean those Pokémon the alolha league why them???????