• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

So, this didn't happen at all. Maybe we'll get some kind of cameo?
I hope if Satoshi makes the final we'll get to at least see them (and Hanako and the original Ookido) watching on TV. Reasonable chance they'll make at least cameos, if not brief in-person appearances when Satoshi returns to Kanto come end of series.

I don't see the appeal of Alcremie since it looks like something out of the 'Be Our Guest' segment from Beauty and the Beast. I wouldn't expect Ash to catch one since it looks like one of those Pokemon that's too cutesy/feminine for him imo, nor do I think he really needs a Fairy type in general. Like, I won't be too bothered if he gets one eventually, I just dislike the argument that Ash should catch X Pokemon because it's of Y type. People made such a big deal about Ash getting his first Steel type Pokemon in this saga and yet despite that hoopla it's not like Meltan changed the dynamics of Ash's team by any noticeable degree. So I don't think a Fairy type would bring about a noteworthy change either.

I’m pretty sure the writers don’t think about what type of Pokémon Ash has had loads of and which types he hasn’t had any of.

The Psychic type for example, I don’t think they e purposefully held Ash back from getting a Psychic type- just that non really suited him.

I really hope the new female character (whoever it ends up being) of SwSh gets an Alcremie. It's so cute and I'd love to see it on the main cast.

I couldn't see any of the other new Pokemon revealed today joinng the main cast. This is unless we're counting Yamper; I could picture Ash with one.

I really hope the new female character (whoever it ends up being) of SwSh gets an Alcremie. It's so cute and I'd love to see it on the main cast.

I couldn't see any of the other new Pokemon revealed today joinng the main cast. This is unless we're counting Yamper; I could picture Ash with one.

Pikachu is the problem. I doubt the Pokemon Company wants to let another Electric Type on Ash's team potentially stealing Pikachu's thunder.

Pikachu is the problem. I doubt the Pokemon Company wants to let another Electric Type on Ash's team potentially stealing Pikachu's thunder.

True, but they've made some changes with Ash's team through the recent years (no grass starter (or grass type period) in gen 6, no early route bird in gen 7) that I wouldn't rule out Yamper as a possiblity.

Pikachu would make Yamper completely redundant if Ash caught one. It's better saved for the sidekick characters imo, although at this point I'm already burned out by all the "what a cute doggo!!!" comments regarding Yamper, so I'd be satisfied if no one catches it. #sorrynotsorry

I will confess after Ash attempted to catch an Alolan Geodude, I was rather hoping he would catch one. I wouldn't mind a second electric type if he has another typing that could take priority

I have question about Ash pikachu he went through many generations shouldn’t his strength beyond like to fight any Pokémon like Trip sniy he lost as he shouldn’t he won if use quick attack that’s it battle over to win.

Same with Paul Elekid

I have question about Ash pikachu he went through many generations shouldn’t his strength beyond like to fight any Pokémon like Trip sniy he lost as he shouldn’t he won if use quick attack that’s it battle over to win.

Same with Paul Elekid

I get the feeling his level gets reset every generation

That’s so stupid if it’s true because cythina garmchomp Still most powerful Pokémon her team in unova

Why do we even entertain the thought of levels existing in the anime after a certain point? Levels were only mentioned sporadically in a couple of old OS episodes iirc. Pikachu becoming a jobber when it's convenient for the writers isn't the same thing as his "level" resetting imo, because he doesn't have one.

I hope Ash gets a team of 6 in the Galar region, in the past 6 years he only got a full team during part of the Kalos League and a bit after (until Goodra returned to the swamp and Greninja was released).

I hope Ash gets a team of 6 in the Galar region, in the past 6 years he only got a full team during part of the Kalos League and a bit after (until Goodra returned to the swamp and Greninja was released).

Agreed, it feels to me like they're compensating for given Ash too many Pokemon in Unova (so many that a few are forgettable) by given him too few

Unova was quantity over quality, Kalos and Alola have been quality over quantity.

Definitely not quality in Unova, especially given Ash's battle choices (Palpitoad only for Nimbassa)

We've had Ash with a full team of 6 with good quality so hopefully Galar will return to it

I hope Ash gets a team of 6 in the Galar region

I'm gonna wait until all of Gen 8's Pokemon have been revealed before I really settle on how I want Ash's team to be structured. Because if we get more things like Impidimp and Rolycoly, I'm gonna be extremely picky about who joins Ash's team (more than I already am I mean).

(until Goodra returned to the swamp and Greninja was released).

inb4 someone says that Greninja wasn't released and we go through several pages of arguments about that.

Back
Top Bottom