• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

I'm gonna wait until all of Gen 8's Pokemon have been revealed before I really settle on how I want Ash's team to be structured. Because if we get more things like Impidimp and Rolycoly, I'm gonna be extremely picky about who joins Ash's team (more than I already am I mean).
This is exactly the reason why I hate people making team speculations for the following region before the next generation games are even out.

I'm gonna wait until all of Gen 8's Pokemon have been revealed before I really settle on how I want Ash's team to be structured. Because if we get more things like Impidimp and Rolycoly, I'm gonna be extremely picky about who joins Ash's team (more than I already am I mean).

inb4 someone says that Greninja wasn't released and we go through several pages of arguments about that.

Lol don't want to start an argument but Greninja is released, no? He's basically in the wild with no caretaker of sorts but I guess Ash keep the pokeballs of his "released" mons so Idk...

What about him catching the 3 starters? I don't know how to feel about it because it could end up a rehash of BW (Snivy deserved to evolve at least once, Pignite should have evolved as well).

It's best he catches 1 or 2 starters imo.

Wait up, guys. Do you think that Ash's Sceptile and Infernape will appear in only one or none of the future Sun & Moon anime series episodes? Why? This is because none of the other Sceptile and Infernape than Ash's have ever appeared throughout the entire Sun & Moon anime series. Please let know, thanks. ;)

Wait up, guys. Do you think that Ash's Sceptile and Infernape will appear in only one or none of the future Sun & Moon anime series episodes? Why? This is because none of the other Sceptile and Infernape than Ash's have ever appeared throughout the entire Sun & Moon anime series. Please let know, thanks. ;)
Very unlikely to happen and your reasoning has holes in it. Sorry.

Why do you always post scenarios that are extremely unlikely? Aren't you also going to ask us if Sceptile and Infernape have died or been released?

Why do you always post scenarios that are extremely unlikely? Aren't you also going to ask us if Sceptile and Infernape have died or been released?
But actually, I'm no longer gonna ask you guys whether any of Ash's old Pokémon are going to die or become released. We don't actually know whether any of Ash's old Pokémon that had reappeared or were cut in the the two Sun & Moon episodes 'Alola, Kanto!' and 'Show Me the Metal!' will reappear or be cut in the only one next future Sun & Moon episode in which Ash returns home in Pallet Town after his Pokémon School graduation in the Alola region? But we'll see. Thanks.;)

Last edited:
But I think that Ash's Charizard, Heracross, Sceptile and Glalie had probably declined to Mega Evolve for the first time,
Ash couldn’t have asked for them to Mega Evolve in the first place because he had none of the pre-requisites: a key stone and a Mega Stone, so they didn’t have a chance to refuse Mega Evolution for whatever reason.

Looks like Meltan could well be evolving if its actions in the latest episode is anything to go by, hopefully Memetal will be useful in the Alola league
It be interesting he just calling them for support not evolve
Just like his best friend Rowlet’s family

I don't see why James would catch a species of Pokemon that he already had before. I'm not particularly impressed with Galar forms in general since they're just another gimmick like Alolan forms were in Gen 7.

Back
Top Bottom