• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

That's what I think will happen. Ash has no reason to catch only Galar Pokemon now because the saga isn't focusing on solely Galar.

Ash doesn't have a reason to catch other region Pokemon either, especially if the are one episode per region and then moving over to the next. Go wants to catch Pokemon, so he is most likely the one who is gonna catch Pokemon from every region and Ash is solely gonna focus on getting Galar Mons, since they are new (Why will he catch an old mon he previously doesn't shown interest in catching in the past, makes no sense). There is also the thing that Ash most likely will not catch any old Pokemon his previous companions/rivals owned, since they already got the spotlight with them.

Ash doesn't have a reason to catch other region Pokemon either, especially if the are one episode per region and then moving over to the next. Go wants to catch Pokemon, so he is most likely the one who is gonna catch Pokemon from every region and Ash is solely gonna focus on getting Galar Mons, since they are new (Why will he catch an old mon he previously doesn't shown interest in catching in the past, makes no sense). There is also the thing that Ash most likely will not catch any old Pokemon his previous companions/rivals owned, since they already got the spotlight with them.
As I said, if Ash was going to catch only Galar Pokemon then they should have set the entire anime in Galar and completely ditch the region hopping theme.

As I said, if Ash was going to catch only Galar Pokemon then they should have set the entire anime in Galar and completely ditch the region hopping theme.

As i said: Go is gonna catch old region mons. Those are not in the games in Galar, so it makes no sense to let them appear in Galar in the anime, so they still need to region hop.

Why? Why not just have him capture Galar Mons while visiting Galar instead? There's nothing wrong with that.

And no, there's no Galar border patrol.
It would be against the premise of the series if Ash gets all his captures in Galar, or catches all Galar Pokemon entirely.

It's not at all against the premise of the series, since Gou can handle that part very well, given his own goal.

It would be pointless for Ash to capture older Pokemon especially when he didn't capture them during his previous travels. The only exception to this would be if the older Mons has a Gen 8 regional variant or evolution.
It isn't because they are promoting the franchise itself now, rather than just the newest games. Galar isn't the sole focus, so there's no reason for Ash to catch only Galar Pokemon.

It isn't because they are promoting the franchise itself now, rather than just the newest games. Galar isn't the sole focus, so there's no reason for Ash to catch only Galar Pokemon.

The problem is that Ash already has the majority of popular mons and the popular mons he doesn't have, are clearly not going to him, because else he would already have gotten them (Lucario being the prime example). Basically, only the Pokemon that are in the games in Galar are the main ones being marketed, outside the starters and legendaries.

Spoilers
Ok guys! This is for those who have seen gameplay or leaks of sword and shield! If ash is going to catch any Pokémon from galar, who do you think he’ll get? For me, I think it’ll be Grookey, Sobble, Rookidee, Chewtle, Hattena, RolyColy, Sizzlipede, Snom, Clobbopus, Duraludon, Galarian Ponyta, Dreepy, and Sirfetched. This just a possible choice of Pokémon that fit ash.

Sobble>Drizzile>Intelleon
I hope he gets Rookiedee that fully evolves,
I somehow doubt he’ll get a fire type but if he does I hope it’s Centiskorch.
I also wish for him to catch a Dreepy which he fully evolves. I wonder how'll the anime explain the Dreepy-cannons.

On the matter of whether Dawn will return or not at some point, I'm hoping Quilava will have evolved or evolve at some point as Typhlosion needs some focus
I really wish they’d bring back Ash’s Quilava and do that.
I can’t believe that Cyndaquil’s evolution was actually brought up before the Silver Conference but didn’t happen till years later. And when it did it’s battle wasn’t even shown in full!

I really wish they’d bring back Ash’s Quilava and do that.
I can’t believe that Cyndaquil’s evolution was actually brought up before the Silver Conference but didn’t happen till years later. And when it did it’s battle wasn’t even shown in full!

Agreed, its like the writers found Cyndaquil too cute to evolve and then decided to use Quilava as little as possible, even Dawn's barely got any screen time

Agreed, its like the writers found Cyndaquil too cute to evolve and then decided to use Quilava as little as possible, even Dawn's barely got any screen time
To be honest, the Gen 2 starter lines (or Gen 2 Pokemon in general) have been largely ignored and left to rot by both TPC and GameFreak... often overshadowed by their predecessors (especially a certain overrated flaming lizard). The only time they became relevant was during the HGSS remake days so here's hoping this series as well as Let's Go Johto sheds some much needed shine on them.

In my opinion:

Likely for Team Rocket
G-Zigzagoon
G-Stunfisk
Silicobra
Flapple
Cramorant
Sizzlipede
Sinistea
Frosmoth
Eiscue
Likely for Ash
Grookey
Sobble
Rookidee
Flapple
Toxel
Clobbopus
Impidimp
Dreepy
Likely for Go
All of them cause that's his goal lol

Okay, it's obvious he will use some of them more than others...
G-Farfetch'd
Nickit
Rolycoly
Toxel
Clobbopus
Impidimp
Falinks
Pincurchin (If they want a Hop reference)

OK I actually have a reason for all of ash’s capture predictions.
Sobble - sobble is timid so I can see ash trying to help this Pokémon be brave.
Grookey - since that girl is not considered a main cast i don’t see her getting a starter Pokémon, so it’ll go to ash. I just hope it’s not the comic relief though it lols like scorbunny will be the comic relief so I think it’ll be fine.
Rookidee - the regional bird plus if he evolves it into a Corviknight that would even more awesome than talonflame.
Sizzlipede - since Go has scorbunny, this could be his fire type.
Dreepy - ash’s pseudo legendary plus he should get a ghost type.
Duraludon - this could be his new steel type plus ash should on a really powerful dragon since he released Goodra and naganadel and his noivern is not that good.
Clobbopus - when I see this Pokémon I think Hawlucha plus it would be funny to see him get ash in a headlock.
Chewtle- i can see it being ash’s most disobedient Pokémon, plus I feel like it’ll be his gigantamax Pokémon as drednaw if he’s not gonna do it for pikachu.
Sirfetch’d/Galarian Ponyta - I can see these two being possible galarian forms for ash to catch since he didn’t get an alolan form in alola. Plus sirfetched could be the comic relief and Ponyta could be his psychic type.
Rolycoly - I don’t know this made me think of boldore. Plus I want to see steam engine animated.
Snom - he could use a new ice type since glalie
Hattena - I think ash should get a female looking Pokémon. Plus if he evolves it this could be his fairy type.

Back
Top Bottom