• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

I absolutely want to see Ash catch Galarian Yamask.
Why James already has a yamask plus that ghost doesn’t really fit ash. If he was to get a ghost type it would be sleek and fast like Dreepy.

Some of them are Pokemon that I can't see Ash catching, especially Galarian Ponyta.
It was the only psychic type I would think fit him plus he should at least get one regional variant since he failed to do so in alola especially when I was hoping that he’d get an alolan sandslash

Why James already has a yamask plus that ghost doesn’t really fit ash. If he was to get a ghost type it would be sleek and fast like Dreepy.
I just think that Runerigus would be an awesome and badass Pokemon for Ash to use. It's one of my favorite Galar Pokemon so I'm somewhat biased.
It was the only psychic type I would think fit him plus he should at least get one regional variant since he failed to do so in alola especially when I was hoping that he’d get an alolan sandslash
Besides Galarian Yamask, there's also Galarian Darumaka that I can see Ash getting.

I just think that Runerigus would be an awesome and badass Pokemon for Ash to use. It's one of my favorite Galar Pokemon so I'm somewhat biased.

Besides Galarian Yamask, there's also Galarian Darumaka that I can see Ash getting.
Eeeeeeeeeeeeh I don’t think so Snom and frosmoth seem better. Plus Snom is kind of popular

We all have our own opinions. I want Ash to have Toxitricity, Runerigus, and Galarian Darmanitan but we need to respect each other's opinions.
Sorry but toxitricity seems too punk rock to be an ash Pokémon, plus he never really catches an another electric type because of pikachu.

They literally gave Thunderbolt to Naganadel.
I said another electric type as in another electric type Pokémon. I know that Melmetal and Naganadel have used thunderbolt before.

It’ll be funny if ash gets a Grapplock. I can just imagine this Pokémon giving ash a headlock every time ash tries to hug or congratulate it.

In This Saga Ash maybe Catch Pokemon not just in Galar but in other the Regions too.

Considering Mimey is staying with Ash, I wouldn't be surprised if he joins Ash's party full time or the latter at least battles/trains using him (this is given more credibility in the opening where Mimey is shown alongside the main cast's Pokemon with no Delia in sight). That'll effectively make him Ash's first Psychic and Fairy type.

And we know from Mimey's early appearances that it's quite a competitive battler.
I can see this Pokémon training ash but being caught ash. He belongs with Delia.

I honestly don't think Ash will get many Galar Pokemon, but I think these would suit him best:

Sobble/Drizzle - I don't think he'll get an Inteleon because it's a little too close to Greninja.
Corvisquire/Corviknight - He always gets a bird.
Cramorant - I think this one actually suits him better. It could be his quirky yet reliable Pokemon of the series.
Chewtle/Drednaw - Similar to Turtwig/Torterra. I think it fits him quite well.
Toxel - Could happen
Cufant/Copperajah - reminds me of Panphy/Donphan
And I just realized that most of those are water type so probably only two or three of them.

I'd love for him to get Falinks, Centiskorch, Eldegoss, and Orbeetle but I can't picture him with them.

Team Rocket:
James - Mr. Mime. They could totally bring back Mime Jr. and evolve it in Galar. That would explain why Kanto Mr. Mime was randomly given a more important role in the show. They could be friends or rivals or something. Either that or Polteageist.
Jessie - Corsola or Frosmoth.

Its a shame that Kantonian Mr Mime can't evolve into Galarian Mr. Rime, that would be a reasonable excuse for keeping Mimey with Ash

There's no one in the main cast who fills "The Brock" role, so Mime travelling with Ash, Go and Koharu makes sense.

Ash's bound to get a decent number (if not a full team) of Galar Pokemon to market it. My predictions:
Sobble>Drizzile>Intelleon
Rookiedee>Corvisquire>Corviknight
Toxel > Toxitricity
Sizzlipede > Centiskorch

They never exactly showed Delia capturing Mimey, just that it decided to stay with her. For all purposes and intents, Mimey is still a wild Pokemon.
But, I don't think that Ash will ever actually catch Mimey. I think that it's just filling the "Brock" role because no one on the main cast is filling it.

I don't think Ash will catch much of anything, and if he has Pokemon on his team, I'd prefer his older mon get some time in the spotlight. Go should be the one to get the exciting new captures.

That said, I'm not expecting greatness from the new series or anything.

I believe Team Rocket will look something like:
Jesse: Toxel, or Dreepy
James: Sizzlipede, or Yamask

tbh, James already has Yamask (Doesn't make much sense to give him another one). Cramorant or Polteageist are more likely for him, consdering he usually gets the Comedic Relief mons (Drednaw also fits).

Back
Top Bottom