• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

Would certainly be good to see Team Rocket bringing members of their old team back, Gyarados and Tyranitar are just too serious to be comedic failures
Agreed. Giving TRio Pokémon like Tyranitar and Gyarados is a complete waste for them because their default state is failure. On top of that, it just feels unearned for them to have powerhouses like that.

question since TR has tyranitar and gyarados does this mean serious TR is back from the early BW series despite their blast off in their first appearance in the new series

question since TR has tyranitar and gyarados does this mean serious TR is back from the early BW series despite their blast off in their first appearance in the new series
Not exactly these are random Pokémon they’ll get so for all we know they could get weak Pokémon too.

Due the nature of this show I have the bad feeling Ash will be stuck on Pikachu only and maybe the occasional intervention of Mimey for a looooooooooong time.
I feel like they’ll at least give ash one of the starters. There’s no way he’ll just stick pikachu for the whole series that’s even worse than the team rocket’s Gacha machine.

What type of Pokémon do you guys think go will have?

since it's an accepted norm for players to exchange pokemon on the go using the box thing in the games, they should let the characters do the same in the anime. It would be the perfect excuse to rotate Ash's old mons as well as highlighting the feature...

I say Ash catches a Galar bird or something in PM006

since it's an accepted norm for players to exchange pokemon on the go using the box thing in the games, they should let the characters do the same in the anime. It would be the perfect excuse to rotate Ash's old mons as well as highlighting the feature...

I say Ash catches a Galar bird or something in PM006
I really hope he catches something before episode 10 ends

After seeing the first two episodes, I seriously began to think that no one other than Gou will catch anything in this series.

If there was going to be a capture, we'll have known it by now. The opening usually involves Ash's team and his new captures like they did with Froakie and Fletchling. They'd be hyping it up in advance but I don't see any pokemon that seems to be on Ash's team in the OP and from what we've seen so far, we're getting further and further away from him bringing back reserves.

Come now, I know the good members of Bulbagarden have a tendency towards fatalism, but Satoshi not catching a single Pokemon?! Dare I suggest we apply a dash of reason and a pinch of patience? Just because we don't yet have it spoiled doesn't mean it's not gonna happen. Satoshi's one and only job is to be a vehicle to market toys.

As for the opening theme argument, there is plenty of blank space and as yesterday's OP showed, they aren't averse to switching the scenes up.

Come now, I know the good members of Bulbagarden have a tendency towards fatalism, but Satoshi not catching a single Pokemon?! Dare I suggest we apply a dash of reason and a pinch of patience? Just because we don't yet have it spoiled doesn't mean it's not gonna happen. Satoshi's one and only job is to be a vehicle to market toys.

As for the opening theme argument, there is plenty of blank space and as yesterday's OP showed, they aren't averse to switching the scenes up.
I'm actually expecting him to catch something in one of the already named episodes, but without it being focused on in the title. Pokémon's been very quiet this whole generation when it comes to reveals, both for the games and the anime.
Edit: Putting my guess on episode 5, actually. I don't expect him to capture a non-Galar Pokémon.

Last edited:
If there was going to be a capture, we'll have known it by now. The opening usually involves Ash's team and his new captures like they did with Froakie and Fletchling. They'd be hyping it up in advance but I don't see any pokemon that seems to be on Ash's team in the OP and from what we've seen so far, we're getting further and further away from him bringing back reserves.
The poster has Bulbasaur, Squirtle and Charizard next to Ash's house so maybe they have a chance of returning?

They've been far too quiet though, to the point that the silence is suffocating. So far, we've only seen indications that Gou will be the one to catch Pokemon despite the actual anime not iterating his goal at all, outside of "i WuHnT mEw".
I'd guess Gou makes his decision pretty soon, either in 4 or 5 before the bug catching episode, similarly to how I suspect Ash is going to officially declare his "strongest battler" goal after something in 9 with Ho-oh.

When you think about it, episode 4 might be more likely for his first capture. A likely scenario could be him capturing Rokidee right off the bat using Pikachu, to help locate Scorbunny from the sky. If it does happen that way, it mirrors Starly's capture back in Sinnoh.
Hmm, I think you have a good point. I think he caught Starly in DP to help find Pikachu, but it's been a while so I might be mistaken.

I think people have reason to worry, we know about 9 episodes and not a single hint of Ash catching anything + no sign of Grookey or Sobble. In all previous sagas before episode 5 Ash catched at least 1 Pokemon.

I get Pikachu is main mascot and Ash's best friend, etc... but a season of only Ash + Pikachu would be a messy disaster imo.

My bet of Ash capturing a mon is ep. 5 as they're visiting the wild area, so maybe he catches a Rokidee or something else.

Since I personally dislike all the hoopla that surrounds Ash getting a new Pokemon, I find it refreshing that he hasn't caught anything so far in this series and that there are no leaks about his future captures so far. Tbh I find most of the new Pokemon to be kinda dreadful anyways, so he can take as long as he wants before he catches something. I just don't care about his team right now. #SorryNotSorry

So far only pokémon that might be a capture is...the Potchama from PM009.
Giving it to the main cast would be a strange choice, to say the least...

I guess those up for capture (even though all of them seem unlikely) are:
  1. Any random bug from the bug episode
  2. Nickit from the Galar episode
  3. Any early Galar Pokemon from one of the Galar Episodes
  4. Croagunk from Sinnoh (unlikely, to say the least)

All of these are pretty unlikely, but that sums it up, I think.

Back
Top Bottom