• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

Misty got a Politoed without trading.
Or Go could simply trade with Ash to trigger an evolution andthen a tradeback.

Brock got Steelix without trading as well. However, we can just put that under: Early installment weirdness and in Unova, Trip most likely evolved his Timburr into Gurdurr and then into Conkeldurr without trading as well. And there are cases for Pokemon that require a trade evolution, but can be seen as wild Pokemon in the anime (Gigalith, Machamp, Conkeldurr).

Really hope that Ash gets the regional bird this time instead of skipping out on it like he did with Gen 7's regional birdie. I just love Corviknight.
He didn't get Pikipek because Rowlet filled the same role.
Misty got a Politoed without trading.
That was early installment weirdness. And it was technically replaced by Poliwhirl being transferred between Pokémon Centers while holding a King's Rock.

That was early installment weirdness. And it was technically replaced by Poliwhirl being transferred between Pokémon Centers while holding a King's Rock.
Who’s saying that such a technical situation cannot arise again?
Trade evolution isn’t one of the writers’ worries if they want to give Go a Scizor. It’d prefer if his Scyther evolved since Scizor would be great on the main cast for once. I always felt Scyther overshadowed it somewhat in the anime.

Who’s saying that such a technical situation cannot arise again?
Trade evolution isn’t one of the writers’ worries if they want to give Go a Scizor. It’d prefer if his Scyther evolved since Scizor would be great on the main cast for once. I always felt Scyther overshadowed it somewhat in the anime.
I'd prefer it to evolve too, but to be frank, later series have been pretty accurate with trade evolutions, like with Bianca's Escavalier and Jessie's Gourgeist. So, I think that if they're going to evolve Scyther, it'll happen through a trade of some kind.

I'd prefer it to evolve too, but to be frank, later series have been pretty accurate with trade evolutions, like with Bianca's Escavalier and Jessie's Gourgeist. So, I think that if they're going to evolve Scyther, it'll happen through a trade of some kind.

They are accurate with Trade evolutions:
Except they really aren't, if Pokemon that require a trade evolution can randomly turn up in the wild.

One thing I would love to see is Ash or Go catch a Shiny Pokemon this series, Noctowl is the only Pokemon caught by a main character to be shiny

I would love too see that. Imo, they could have given Ash a shiny Litten previous gen (Although i also think they won't give Ash or anybody on the main cast a shiny starter for marketing purposes), to differ it from Kukui's and then Litten could have evolved soon (Kukui owning Incineroar and having a rivalry with Litten/Torracat was one of my main reasons it wouldn't evolve before the league, else they wouldn't face eachother, unless Kukui's Incineroar had the belt). Ash getting another shiny alongside Noctowl would be nice and is also the way Go and Ash can share a Pokemon on the main cast, without getting people confused which is which (Not that i think they will share a Pokemon at the same time).

Its a shame that Tracey is featured so little in the anime as his Pokemon became redundant.

Would have been nice to see Tracey rejoin Ash on his travels
Perhaps he is the one who became a breeder behind the scene and is making pokemon babies for gym leaders??
Gym leaders sure could use some ev training

What are you implying by 'conveniently'? I mean isn't the idea of him only catching Galar Pokemon kinda just common sense?
Common sense from an in-universe perspective or a business perspective? From a business perspective I'd say yes, but their decision to make a "world tour" series instead of a Galar series to promote the current games completely defies common sense. And since we know that promoting Sword & Shield is of decreased importance to them, I think an "Ash only using Galar Pokemon" rule wouldn't make sense here and would even contradict the entire purpose of this series. From an in-universe perspective it's definitely not common sense. Why would Ash only get the impulse to catch Pokemon while in Galar? Realistically he would want to catch Pokemon in every region/use his old mon. Actually he showed way more enthusiasm and wonder when seeing Kanto Pokemon in episode 2 compared to his mild interest in the Galar Pokemon he's never seen in episode 4.

Back
Top Bottom