• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

Honestly, I expect no further references to the past of Pokémon and most, if not all captures will go to Gou as well (until the series proofs me otherwise).
Asides from that, I also wouldn't be surprised if Ash and Gou visit Alola and Kukui and co are nowhere to be found or even anyone recognizing Ash, although this sounds incredible retarded to happen.
I don't expect to see Ash's reserves that he left in Alola but I think we might still see a few of the old Alola gang when he visits the region again.

I really want ash to catch something already.
I don’t like the idea of Go catching so many Pokémon for 90% to likely do nothing at all...

I don’t like that Team Rocket seem to not be catchy there own Pokémon.

I don’t like that we’ve no indication yet that Ash will catch anything at all.
It actually makes sense in a way. It’s the same with quality vs. quantity. Ash in the beginning wanted to catch all the people in the world but now that he’s a better trainer, he tries to catch a limited amount of Pokémon and train so that they can reach their potential. Go on the other hand wants to complete the Pokédex by catching every species of Pokémon out there, of course he still needs strong Pokémon. So I think he’ll stick with scorbunny and keep a few Pokémon in his main team.

I really want ash to catch something already.

It actually makes sense in a way. It’s the same with quality vs. quantity. Ash in the beginning wanted to catch all the people in the world but now that he’s a better trainer, he tries to catch a limited amount of Pokémon and train so that they can reach their potential. Go on the other hand wants to complete the Pokédex by catching every species of Pokémon out there, of course he still needs strong Pokémon. So I think he’ll stick with scorbunny and keep a few Pokémon in his main team.

Speaking of Scorbunny, I can already tell that that thing is gonna be the new Chespin. It's literally oozing that same aura that Chespin had imo.

Speaking of Scorbunny, I can already tell that that thing is gonna be the new Chespin. It's literally oozing that same aura that Chespin had imo.
For some reason, I like Scorbunny's antics more than Chespin's. At least so far. I also hope this doesn't mean that Scorbunny won't evolve, because I love Cinderace.

For some reason, I like Scorbunny's antics more than Chespin's. At least so far. I also hope this doesn't mean that Scorbunny won't evolve, because I love Cinderace.

I think it might evolve, since there is also another difference with Scorbunny and Chespin: Scorbunny is Go's ace, while Chespin wasn't Clemonts (It was Bunnelby). Clement also didn't really need a powerhouse, since he got Magneton and Heliolisk in his gym he could call upon if needed (And he got Luxray later) and Bunnelby wasn't a pushover either.

I think it might evolve, since there is also another difference with Scorbunny and Chespin: Scorbunny is Go's ace, while Chespin wasn't Clemonts (It was Bunnelby). Clement also didn't really need a powerhouse, since he got Magneton and Heliolisk in his gym he could call upon if needed (And he got Luxray later) and Bunnelby wasn't a pushover either.
Dawn's Piplup was another ace (and the only other co-protagonist in history before Go) and mascot Pokémon and we all know how it turned out.
I prefer Cinderace to Scorbunny too, but an evolution can go any way.

Dawn's Piplup was another ace (and the only other co-protagonist in history before Go) and mascot Pokémon and we all know how it turned out.

While i agree Piplup was Dawns Ace (Early in the series that is, later the ace status shifted towards Buneary/Mamoswine), Empoleon didn't really work for Dawn either, because of the contests. Yes, you might argue May evolved her Bulbasaur and Squirtle, but both Wartortle and Venusaur are arguably cuter than Empoleon. This might be the same reason why Serena's Pancham never went fully either (If they wanted too, they could easily have shifted the in-game mechanic so that it evolves fighting alongside another Dark type or if the opponent is a Dark type (James's Inkay and Ash's Grenina).

I hope we get a hint soon if Ash is ever getting one or two of the Galar starters, can't believe it's episode 6 of the new saga and he hasn't gotten anything, never happened before.

Piplup didn't evolve because the writers thought that it wouldn't be cute enough for Contests if it evolved. No such problem with Scorbunny. I admit that Scorbunny is marketable and cute, but at least the same things that prevented Piplup's evolution won't be in Scorbunny's evolution's way.

I hope we get a hint soon if Ash is ever getting one or two of the Galar starters, can't believe it's episode 6 of the new saga and he hasn't gotten anything, never happened before.

This saga is vastly different from previous ones though so of course there will be broken patterns. But my god I really don't even care about what Ash gets anymore because what's the point? He'll ditch his new Pokemon after a few years no matter what he gets.

I doubt Scorbunny evolves. It is being pushed as Pikachu's counterpart for this series. Much like how Piplup was pushed in DP.

You're probably right and in a way I'm glad Ash didn't get it if Scorbunny is fated to become the regional Piplup.

This saga is vastly different from previous ones though so of course there will be broken patterns. But my god I really don't even care about what Ash gets anymore because what's the point? He'll ditch his new Pokemon after a few years no matter what he gets.

I care and lot of people care, I know the main is Pikachu but I enjoy his other Pokemon and his journey with them through the regions.

Piplup didn't evolve because the writers thought that it wouldn't be cute enough for Contests if it evolved. No such problem with Scorbunny. I admit that Scorbunny is marketable and cute, but at least the same things that prevented Piplup's evolution won't be in Scorbunny's evolution's way.
"Marketable and cute", "mascot character", "Pikachu counterpart" are often PokeAni code for "doesn’t evolve" though.

Back
Top Bottom