• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

So as expected, Go caught every single Bug Type in Kanto which appear to have been left at Sakuragi Institute

I'm going to guess Go could call upon any of them at any time like Ash and his Pokemon at Oak's lab
He caught Caterpie, Metapod, Butterfree, Weedle, Kakuna, Beedrill, Paras, Parasect, Venonat, Venomoth, Scyther and Pinsir. Yup, Kanto has 12 bug-type Pokemon native to this region.

I’m scared that they might show Go catching pokemon for a couple episodes and then start omitting it so that he just happens to have caught the right one for situations (e.g. random Sandshrew coming out after a cave in)

Based on the next episode's summary, at least Scyther seems to get focus.

He's also bonding with them and even training them for a bit next episode so it goes away all that fuss some people were making that he wasn't bonding, it seems he's forging a friendship with all his mons.

The question now is: will Ash EVER catch something this series? Will he use only Pikachu (and, ugh, Mimey)? I'm getting a bit anxious.

I don’t think Go will have a ‘main team’ - Scyther May be getting to battle next episode, but that’s probably just because he needs a battling Pokémon for that episode.

I’m willing to bet Scorbunny will be the only regular on his team.

I don’t think Go will have a ‘main team’ - Scyther May be getting to battle next episode, but that’s probably just because he needs a battling Pokémon for that episode.

I’m willing to bet Scorbunny will be the only regular on his team.
He'll need to battle in the future and I don't see why he'd be stuck with just one Pokemon when he's already using Scyther. The latter is the only Bug type being featured in merchandise, so I think it could be a regular.

Why not just evolved caterpie into butterfree, same with weedeel and same with venomoth

It was much easier to just catch each Bug type as-is instead of having to evolve them. Anyway, I wonder if we'll get one episode per type of Pokemon that Go wants to catch in the future. Let the salt commence!

It could work with Grass (another forest), Fire (Mt. Chimney), Water (fishing or Pikachu/Mantine surfing?), Ice (Mt. Coronet or one of those snowy Galar routes) and maybe Electric (Power Plant) or even Ghost (Pokemon Tower or another haunted place). I don't see Go catching a dozen of Pokemon again in one episode, though.

Last edited:
Be cool since ash isn’t going to battle the league any more unless he wants too but anyway is their chance that his pidgeot will return

Be cool since ash isn’t going to battle the league any more unless he wants too but anyway is their chance that his pidgeot will return
Honestly I wouldn't be too sure of that, I mean apart from the second episode there haven't been any throwbacks to old series yet. Hopefully in the next few episodes when Ash and Go visit the older regions again.

Back
Top Bottom