• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

Galarian Mr. Mime also took the general creepiness of Mr Mime to a whole other level, and then gave it an evolution that is even creepier.

I'm not banking on Ash catching anything, nor am I anticipating him to begin challenging Galar gyms. Perhaps the course will change after the ratings fall for the anime.

Ratings don't matter for this anime and never have. They never change course, everything is always planned out from the start.

Galarian Mr. Mime also took the general creepiness of Mr Mime to a whole other level, and then gave it an evolution that is even creepier.

I'm not banking on Ash catching anything, nor am I anticipating him to begin challenging Galar gyms. Perhaps the course will change after the ratings fall for the anime.
The saga would be incredibly boring if they did that.

I wouldn't be surprised if Ash or Go caught a Kubfu.

Go might but I don't see it for Ash tbh. In the past we could've easily made the argument that Ash has to showcase as many new Pokemon as possible since he's the lead character, but in this series that's kinda irrelevant since he still hasn't caught any of the other new Pokemon from this generation despite us being 7 episodes into the series and knowing the contents of the next 5.

Go might but I don't see it for Ash tbh. In the past we could've easily made the argument that Ash has to showcase as many new Pokemon as possible since he's the lead character, but in this series that's kinda irrelevant since he still hasn't caught any of the other new Pokemon from this generation despite us being 7 episodes into the series and knowing the contents of the next 5.
I highly doubt that Ash would go the whole saga with just Pikachu and Mimey.

I highly doubt that Ash would go the whole saga with just Pikachu and Mimey.

And I didn't say he would. I'm just saying that the odds of him getting that new Pokemon that was mentioned in the above post aren't any better than the odds of him getting some other Gen 8 critter.

It already is incredibly boring for me.

With Go hogging up all the screentime with pointless captures, yep boring for me too.

I want the actually good characters; Ash, Kotaru, Team Rocket to get something..... not Go. Nothing he gets will ever see the light of day again or get development. Anyone that thinks otherwise is a fool! He has 20 Pokemon now....

With Go hogging up all the screentime with pointless captures, yep boring for me too.

I want the actually good characters; Ash, Kotaru, Team Rocket to get something..... not Go. Nothing he gets will ever see the light of day again or get development. Anyone that thinks otherwise is a fool! He has 20 Pokemon now....

With the fact that Sword and Shield are getting two expansion packs with areas to explore - there would have been more than enough material to last a while if the anime continued with Ash traveling to Galar and so forth. The fact that Galar has a more competitive view on the gym challenge (not just simply winning 8 gym battles and then going to take on the elite 4), the story could have been spun that Ash as Champion of Alola was looking to challenge the Champion of Galar.

But no we get a new series that is about as random as the research tasks I get in Pokemon Go.

With the fact that Sword and Shield are getting two expansion packs with areas to explore - there would have been more than enough material to last a while if the anime continued with Ash traveling to Galar and so forth. The fact that Galar has a more competitive view on the gym challenge (not just simply winning 8 gym battles and then going to take on the elite 4), the story could have been spun that Ash as Champion of Alola was looking to challenge the Champion of Galar.

But no we get a new series that is about as random as the research tasks I get in Pokemon Go.

Sword & Shield (the games) barely have a plot. Even if we got an anime actually based on them, it would still bare little resemblance to the games due to how little of a story they have.

Back
Top Bottom