• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

I just don't understand why anyone would expect Ash to go back to the exact spot where he left Larvitar with its mom just to separate them again. Ash left Larvitar there for a reason and it'd be kinda hypocritical of him to want split up a family that already went through hell.
Matter of fact I can see that be a good writing opportunity.
Imagine this:
They hear about some Pokemon have been causing trouble. With earthquakes and such. They go investigate. As it turns out, a group of tyranitar was searching for a lost one. Get ready... larvitar's mom.
She has been captured and Ash his the only one that can approach said group, because larvitar recognizes him. With that, they find its mom with a poacher, and larvitar helps save the day and evolves into pupitar. After, her mom is free but the newly evolved pup wants to go with Ash, and the mom agrees. As she sees he would take very good care of pup.

Actually I’m gonna put at least six possibilities for each region, because I never thought he’d ever catch a dragonite.
Kanto: Jigglypuff, Kangaskhan, Rapidash, Dragonite, Hitmonlee, Gengar
Johto: Tyrnaitar, Dunsparce, Espeon, Ledian, Houndoom, Granbull
Hoenn: Flygon, Medicham, Ninjask, Sableye, Metagross, Mawile
Sinnoh: Lucario, Luxray, Weavile, Dusknoir, Gallade, Mothim
Unova: Scolipede, Whimsicott, Zoroark, Sawk, Braviary, Cryogonal
Kalos: Aegislash, Pyroar, Dragalge, Slurpuff, Gogoat, Meostic
Alola: Ribombee, Golisopod, Passimian, Oricorio (Sensu style), Mudsdale, and Alolan sandslash

And here is my galar possible captures.
8A08A049-BA44-48D9-A9EB-34EAB3119079.jpeg
8A08A049-BA44-48D9-A9EB-34EAB3119079.jpeg

Actually I’m gonna put at least six possibilities for each region, because I never thought he’d ever catch a dragonite.
Kanto: Jigglypuff, Kangaskhan, Rapidash, Dragonite, Hitmonlee, Gengar
Johto: Tyrnaitar, Dunsparce, Espeon, Ledian, Houndoom, Granbull
Hoenn: Flygon, Medicham, Ninjask, Sableye, Metagross, Mawile
Sinnoh: Lucario, Luxray, Weavile, Dusknoir, Gallade, Mothim
Unova: Scolipede, Whimsicott, Zoroark, Sawk, Braviary, Cryogonal
Kalos: Aegislash, Pyroar, Dragalge, Slurpuff, Gogoat, Meostic
Alola: Ribombee, Golisopod, Passimian, Oricorio (Sensu style), Mudsdale, and Alolan sandslash

And here is my galar possible captures.View attachment 130611View attachment 130611

If Ash catches that many Pokemon, they will be without any personality.

Ash dragonite as Dragonite doesn’t make sense

he try to ride it but he couldn’t because the body was too slippery but Clair was able to ride hers???

Ash dragonite as Dragonite doesn’t make sense

he try to ride it but he couldn’t because the body was too slippery but Clair was able to ride hers???
He tried to grab its skin with just one arm. I know I wouldn’t be able to hold on. And I have great upper body strength.

I don't think that Ash will catch that many Pokemon. That would make him too much like Gou.
Yeah since ash is training to become Pokémon master, he prefers quality over quantity unlike Go. That’s why most of ash’s team are small so he can focus on training all of them instead of rotating each time.

I can see that Pokemon Ash could catch later In the Sword and Shield Saga

Kanto:
1.Gengar
2.Mangmite
3.Cubone
4.Eevee

Johto:
1.Larviter
2.Houndour
3.Sneasel
4.Spinarak
5.Murkrow

Hoenn:
1.Aron
2.Duskull
3.Meditite
4.Trapinch
5.Sableye
6.Kecleon

Sinnoh:
1.Cranidos
2.Burmy
3.Shellos(West)
4.Bronzor
5.Riolu
6.Skorupi
7.Tangrowth

Unova:
1.Maractus
2.Archen
3.Garbodor
4.Zorua
5.Solosis
6.Joltik
7.Tynamo
8.Liwick
9.Cubchoo
10.Pawniard
11.Golett
12.Deino

Kalos:
1.Espurr
2.Honedge
3.Klefki
4.Bergmite
5.Phantump
6.Clauncher

Alola:
1.Pikipek
2.Grubbin
3.Crabrawler
4.Wimpod
5.Drampa
6.Jangmo-
7.Sandshew(Alola Form)
8.Geodude(Alola Form)

Galar:
1.Rookidee
2.Bilpbug
3.Sobble
4.Nickit
5.Chewtle
6.Silicobra
7.Toxel
8.Clobbopus
9.Impidimp
10.Snom
11.Cufant
12.Duraludon
13.Dreepy
14.Darumaka(Galar Form)
15.Yakmask(Galar Form)

There are not many Pokémon evolution lines that got an entire movie devoted to them. "Didn’t get enough focus?" Would it like to trade focus with Porygon or Raichu?
Lmao I forgot about the movie, my bad. And being added to Gladion's team, and Luke's Zorua. Still, compared to Lucario (on-and-off promotion since Gen III, a movie, tons of lore, a Mega, and being attacked to several high-profile trainers in multiple canons), or Lycanroc and Greninja (anime arcs, in-game events for their special forms, a lot of focus in the anime, used by multiple prominent trainers), Gengar (not really a shillmon, but it's had a ton of roles and gifts over the years) and Dragonite (Used by Lance, Iris, Drake, Clair and Ash), its presence has been fairly subdued. I could stand to see it used more.

Sure, there are a lot of Pokemon that haven't been as lucky as Zorua. But I think the line deserves more, and that a tricky Pokemon like Zorua could be very fun.

Lmao I forgot about the movie, my bad. And being added to Gladion's team, and Luke's Zorua. Still, compared to Lucario (on-and-off promotion since Gen III, a movie, tons of lore, a Mega, and being attacked to several high-profile trainers in multiple canons), or Lycanroc and Greninja (anime arcs, in-game events for their special forms, a lot of focus in the anime, used by multiple prominent trainers), Gengar (not really a shillmon, but it's had a ton of roles and gifts over the years) its presence has been fairly subdued. I could stand to see it used more. Sure, there are a lot of Pokemon that haven't been as lucky as Zorua. But I think the line deserves more, and that a tricky Pokemon like Zorua could be very fun.
Yeah, but I’d prefer a Pokémon that has had lesser focus to get the spotlight, Zoroark's not been that Pokemon-shoved-down-our-throats but they tried to make it that.

Fair enough. But I still would like to see it because of all the fun and creativity it could bring. Besides, the movie and half-hearted shilling it received was almost a decade ago, so I'm fine with it getting more love.

I just don't understand why anyone would expect Ash to go back to the exact spot where he left Larvitar with its mom just to separate them again. Ash left Larvitar there for a reason and it'd be kinda hypocritical of him to want split up a family that already went through hell.
Rowlet Treecko and Meltan left their family to join Ash's party.So it's not something new.Ash will catch Larvitar only when Larvitar itself would want to join Ash's party instead of staying with its mother.And they could do tons of things with its mother through creative writing.

Here's some speculation about upcoming merchandise potentially spoiling some of Ash's future captures:

Did you post an entire video which could be summarised in two words (Grookey and Riolu) or is there more to it? 'Cause I don’t find that worth watching if those are the only two bits (right in the title itself)m specially since Poketuber videos end up being more annoying (imo) and clickbaity versions of things speculated long ago on here.

Did you post an entire video which could be summarised in two words (Grookey and Riolu) or is there more to it? 'Cause I don’t find that worth watching if those are the only two bits (right in the title itself)m specially since Poketuber videos end up being more annoying (imo) and clickbaity versions of things speculated long ago on here.
He is honest and points out that this is just speculation.

But yeah. Grookey and Riolu.

New information From TV-kun. Coverage of SS012, and some other upcoming stuff:

View: https://i.imgur.com/gCNsh6R.jpg

GO THIS MONTH: Check out the Pokémon Go will meet in February!!
MAYULD: A chrysalis Pokémon completely wrapped in thread. Expect a further evolution!
DEATHKARN: Rumors say it swallows humans and turns them into mummies...!
HIHIDARUMA: It can turn the flames blazing at 1400 degrees inside its body into power.
MEGUROCO: A Pokémon that buries itself into the sand and moves around as if its swimming.
GOLOOG: It's supposedly a Pokémon created by the ancients. We'd like to research them in detail!

Massive scoop: The new Pokémon movie is going to premiere Friday July 10th!!!
Who is this mysterious person looking down at Satoshi...?! We'll release new info as soon as we have some...!

Last edited:
635386609881186306.png

Hmmm...

View: https://twitter.com/R0h_Martins/status/1221574093444730888

If Ash catches a Riolu, many fans are you going to go nuts. Lucario is a Pokémon so many fans have wanted him to have since as long as it's been known.

Lucario is one of my favorite Pokémon, so I'd be super excited too if that happens.
MAYULD: A chrysalis Pokémon completely wrapped in thread. Expect a further evolution!
Seems like at least one of his Wurmple will be evolving relatively soon.

He tried to grab its skin with just one arm. I know I wouldn’t be able to hold on. And I have great upper body strength.

Yeah since ash is training to become Pokémon master, he prefers quality over quantity unlike Go. That’s why most of ash’s team are small so he can focus on training all of them instead of rotating each time.
Thank u for answering it’s been while anyone to answer me :)

635386609881186306.png

Hmmm...

View: https://twitter.com/R0h_Martins/status/1221574093444730888

giphy.gif

Better 12 years latter than never.

Back
Top Bottom