• The Anime and Manga staff has posted a PSA regarding Go and how we'll handle future cases involving him from now onwards.

We strongly recommend checking out this thread.

Thank you in advance.
  • All content from the former Roleplaying Games forum has been merged into the Writers' Workshop forum. You can find more information in this thread.

We hope to see you roleplaying away soon!
  • The World Beyond Restructure is now finished! Check out the update here!
  • It's time for the Writer's Workshop Summer event: our second themed one-shot competition! Check out the sign-up thread here!
  • Hey everyone! Bulbagarden is hosting its first Bulbaleague Conference Pokemon Showdown Tournament! Check out this thread to get the full details!
  • Hey everyone! The Writer's Workshop is hosting an exciting event, Trainers of Fanfiction! It's a community event focused around your characters!

Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

Reaction score
What's happening with you guys? Other than his very last remaining Pikachu, I just want to know why you think Ash has not actually left all his Alolan party Pokémon at Professor Oak's Laboratory, but only at Professor Kukui's home instead? Please let me know the reason, thanks.
we literally see them outside with the classmates as Ash is leaving Alola, and later we see Rowlet and Lycanroc sleeping at Kukui’s.

Only puts shiny pokémon into HOME
Reaction score
I think Ash will bring reserves to the dome while using them.
Imagine, he needs melmetal, he calls upon him, he brings it with him to the dome.
I really think this is how everything will roll out. Little by little. Introduction per introduction. After that, we see them all the time and will also be recalls to those episodes.

Reaction score
I don’t understand Ash pikachu being champion main Pokémon wouldn’t it defeat that gengar with one blast to be knock out

Reaction score
Rowlet is not all about hiding in Ash's backpack, afterall.
Um, yes he was. The only other thing he did was be a selfish ass and sleep when Ash needed him

I think Ash will bring reserves to the dome while using them.
Imagine, he needs melmetal, he calls upon him, he brings it with him to the dome.
I really think this is how everything will roll out. Little by little. Introduction per introduction. After that, we see them all the time and will also be recalls to those episodes.
I hope they use this as a chance to bring all of Ash's Pokemon permanently into one place, like they should be.

Reaction score
Since they possibly will break some more tradition, could you see Ash capture another electric type pokemon ?
if so wich electric pokemon do you guys think fits ash the most apart from pikachu?

my top 3 would be:
- Zeraora
- Luxray
- Electrivire

This, too, shall pass...
Reaction score
Riolu/Lucario and Garchomp just keep showing up. Since they were also in the playset I feel pretty confident both will be recurring somehow.

We've also seen a decent amount of Machamp, possibly because of the TR gacha? We also know now why we keep seeing Gengar.

Checking the poster again I see Garchomp and I think Lucario there, as well.

Only puts shiny pokémon into HOME
Reaction score
I hope we see older ones returning and not a Machamp that gets caught, fully evolved just for the sake of it.

Reaction score
I see Machamp & Mew is going be Go's & Riolu Gengar Eevee Sobble and Grookey go to Ash also that his Charizard and Snonlax plus the Blastois Venusaur and Garchomp are his Squirtle Bulbasaur and Gible evolve.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Rowlet was far worse.
At least Oshawott could evolve into Dewott and keep that persona easily
Agreed I still want to squash that bird personally

I don’t understand Ash pikachu being champion main Pokémon wouldn’t it defeat that gengar with one blast to be knock out
It’s a hatred fueled ghost type, like mimikyu it’ll take a lot more than a thunderbolt to bring them down.

Since they possibly will break some more tradition, could you see Ash capture another electric type pokemon ?
if so wich electric pokemon do you guys think fits ash the most apart from pikachu?

my top 3 would be:
- Zeraora
- Luxray
- Electrivire
A lot of people want ash to catch a toxicrity but it’s too punk rock to be an ash Pokémon.

Reaction score
Ash's Bulbasaur and Squirtle aren't gonna evolve. In-lore wise, it makes no sense for them to evolve. Bulbasaur has refused evolution in the past and Squirtle makes no sense because of the Squirtle Squad.

And i am betting on Garchomp, Machamp and Lucario belonging to some past major characters or Game Characters:
Garchomp = Cynthia
Machamp = Bruno/Bea
Lucario = Korrina

Considering we don't see Dragonite here, i doubt it has anything to do with Ash or Gou capture related, unless Dragonite isn't gonna be a permanent member on the team. Mr.Mime is also only present in one of the merchandise pieces.

Flame Trainer
Reaction score
Squirtle makes no sense because of the Squirtle Squad.
Who even said that a Wartortle couldn’t hypothetically lead a Squirtle squad? This isn’t the "Team Squirtle"/"Team Wartortle" from the Orange Island episode where all members have to be on a specific evolution stage.

I'd have really liked Ivysaur/Wartortle or both, seeing that they’re my favourite stages of their respectice
And this isn’t even mentioning the fact that we’ve seen evolved forms of a species leading a group of unevolved Pokemon before.

The Squirtle squad is a local group that doesn’t have a mandate to be a specific evolution stage. It was the orange island episodes that had different official “teams” for each stage.

The Squirtle Squad (Squirtle Squad - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia) =/=Team Squirtle(FROM THE ORANGE ISLAND FILLER EP106 - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia)

Last edited:
PokéGod
Reaction score
Ash's Bulbasaur and Squirtle aren't gonna evolve. In-lore wise, it makes no sense for them to evolve. Bulbasaur has refused evolution in the past[...]
Didn't Bulbasaur refuse evolution just because it wasn't ready to evolve yet back then?

Evolution could give Bulbasaur some character development after all these years.

Reaction score
Regarding the Kanto starters I see some possiblities:
1) A focus episode for all 3, which has already happened in the past.
2) A focus episode for Blastoise which is the one who hasn't appeared.
3) They are just placeholders for cool Pokémon, since they apparently can't use Rillaboom, Cinderace and Inteleon yet. Has there been any merchandise for post-release revealed Gen 8 Pokemon?

Also I think that Garchomp and Lucario could come from a Megaevolution episode in Kalos, since it feels too soon for Sinnoh again.