• The Anime and Manga staff has posted a PSA regarding Go and how we'll handle future cases involving him from now onwards.

We strongly recommend checking out this thread.

Thank you in advance.
  • All content from the former Roleplaying Games forum has been merged into the Writers' Workshop forum. You can find more information in this thread.

We hope to see you roleplaying away soon!
  • The World Beyond Restructure is now finished! Check out the update here!
  • The 2020 staff drive for Bulbagarden is now live! If you're interested in joining the Bulbagarden staff team (whether it be forums, social media, or more!) then you're encouraged to apply!
  • Hey everyone! The Writer's Workshop is hosting an exciting event, Trainers of Fanfiction! It's a community event focused around your characters!

Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

Young Battle Trainer
Reaction score
There's nobody else who can get Grookey and Sobble. At least one has to go to Ash for marketing purposes.

Go isn't going to do anything with them, he doesn't battle.
If Ash was getting one of them then it would have already happened.

Reaction score
Ash didn't catch Litten until SM021.
And he didn't get Chimchar until DP052
Don't forget Johto. It took 25 episodes for Cyndaquil and 35 episodes for Totodile to be caught.
Yeah, but he always gets at least one of the starters within the first 10 episodes of the new series. Chikorita was the latest capture (10 episode into Johto).

Last edited:
Reaction score
If Ash catches that Drednaw this "could" mean no Sobble for him.Man I really want to see Ash turn this timid cutie into a confident badass
Me too but a lot of people hate inteleon plus sobble is more merchandisable. I think they might give sobble to Koharu so that they can expand her world views and on Pokémon.

Flame Trainer
Reaction score
Me too but a lot of people hate inteleon plus sobble is more merchandisable. I think they might give sobble to Koharu so that they can expand her world views and on Pokémon.
The Gigantamax Inteleon memes disagree. Some people thought the same about Litten and Incineroar and see what happened.

Flame Trainer
Reaction score
Yeah but incineroar is probably the most popular out of the gen 7 starter evolutions.
A fair portion of people argued that Incineroar is hideous and Litten is more marketable. The consensus was fairly divided and there’s a similar case for Inteleon.

Young Battle Trainer
Reaction score
A fair portion of people argued that Incineroar is hideous and Litten is more marketable. The consensus was fairly divided and there’s a similar case for Inteleon.
Incineroar is actually extremely popular in Japan.

Flame Trainer
Reaction score
Incineroar is actually extremely popular in Japan.
I know, I’m actually the person who argued that during Sun/Moon.

Inteleon too, like Incineroar can be popular while having a vocal minority hating it.

Young Battle Trainer
Reaction score
I don't think that Ash will catch anything in these upcoming episodes.

Reaction score
Yeah but incineroar is probably the most popular out of the gen 7 starter evolutions.
Nope, its already confirmed Primarina is the most popular fully evolved, followed by Incineroar. However, Rowlet is the most popular Alola Pokemon and as such the most popular starter. Followed by Primarina (3rd popular Alola mon after Mimikyu). Litten is more popular than Incineroar as well, who is not even in the top 10 most popular Alola Pokemon (Only placed 12th).

Last time i checked, Sobble was the most popular base stage in gen 8, while Inteleon was the second most popular fully evolved (After Cinderace, which i don't understand, since Cinderace is not a Pokemon, but a human in a bunny suit). While this doesn't guarantee Sobble for Ash, the chances Ash getting Sobble are higher than him getting Grookey if he gets only one starter.

Flame Trainer
Reaction score
Last time i checked, Sobble was the most popular base stage in gen 8, while Inteleon was the second most popular fully evolved (After Cinderace, which i don't understand, since Cinderace is not a Pokemon, but a human in a bunny suit). While this doesn't guarantee Sobble for Ash, the chances Ash getting Sobble are higher than him getting Grookey if he gets only one starter.
What's the source? Some poll with a decently large sample size or what you’ve seen individuals say on the Internet?

Not Dead
Reaction score
I'd think that they knew what they were doing when they made Scorbunny the main Galar representative of the series. Even if Ash gets one of the other two (in no way guaranteed despite what you think you're owed), Scorbunny will get more screentime.

Reaction score
I don’t know about the final evolutions but I know of the polls I’ve seen for the base trio, including the ones on our own forums, Sobble tended to be the fan favorite of the three. Scorbunny was pretty close behind though and poor Grookey was the least popular
This and a twitter poll also had Sobble as the most popular at some point.

A Happy Politoed
Reaction score
So Go caught a Skwovet yet Ash didn't even attempt to catch the Drednaw

I have to say that was disappointing