• All members are allowed to express their opinions, no matter how unpopular, so long as they respect others and do not claim their opinion is the only valid opinion. While we understand that there is debate regarding Goh, someone posting an opinion you disagree with does not give you the right to attack them or report the content for trolling/baiting. This notice will serve as a 0-point warning and as such, Anime & Manga staff reserve the right to jump immediately to point warnings. For more information regarding our stance on arguments and debates, see this PSA.
  • If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.

Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

Reaction score
Once Ash and Go travels into the Alola region, only for Go's first time visit there, I would think that Ash will have expressed his concern as he has learned from Professor Kukui that all Ash's Alolan party that he has left at Professor Kukui's home, including Rowlet, Lycanroc, Incineroar and Melmetal, have all already decided to fade away from the sight into order to teleport themselves and then vacate to live into mentioned alternate dimension for their new Pokémon homeworld for all eternity, no longer making their comeback because of unknown reason, even though they all have been replaced by Ash's new replacement Meltan that he will have obtain in the wild. That's all.
Dude I'm convinced that you're trolling now because you've said absurd things like this about Ash's Pokemon dying or going to different dimensions or getting Thanos'd more times than I can count despite how many times people tell you that these scenarios are never going to happen.

I'm all for speculation but at least be reasonable instead of telling us these fever dreams that aren't logical whatsoever. All you do is apologize and then repeat yourself a few weeks later. Please just stop purposely baiting us.

Reaction score
I think it's more likely that Marnie eventually gets introduced and becomes a recurring character. Yamper kinda already fulfills the "cute Electric Pokemon who isn't Pikachu" role, so Gou catching Morpeko as a proper teammate feels a bit redundant in terms of the main cast, especially once Marnie and her partner Morpeko are introduced.
I mean I agree that Marnie should be a recurring character and will most likely own Morpeko if/when she does appear but I disagree about Yamper being a substitute for Morpeko. As cute as it is it's still not the equivalent of Pikachu in this generation.

Reaction score
Hey, guys. Jessie and James had let Arbok and Weezing go in farewell to them, and they had ordered that Arbok and Weezing left with a group of Ekans and Koffing that had managed to escape from the poaching by Pokémon poacher Rico. So, do you guys think that Jessie and James's formerly owned Arbok and Weezing and a group of escaping Ekans and Koffing had faded away from the sight?

Reaction score
Hey, guys. Jessie and James had let Arbok and Weezing go in farewell to them, and they had ordered that Arbok and Weezing left with a group of Ekans and Koffing that had managed to escape from the poaching by Pokémon poacher Rico. So, do you guys think that Jessie and James's formerly owned Arbok and Weezing and a group of escaping Ekans and Koffing had faded away from the sight?
They technically 'faded away from the sight' the moment they were released into the wild. We're probably never going to see them again anyways so why even ask? Or do you specifically want to see their dead corpses so that it'll finally confirm one of your 'X Pokemon is dead' theories?

Not Dead
Reaction score
Koharu, if anyone even catches it. Ash and Go can keep obsessing over Gengar, but Koharu was the one that sent it flying.

Reaction score
With Darmanitan and oversized Golurk under his asset now, Maybe Gou will have a chance at Gengar.
I really hope that won't be the case though.
I was already salty enough from his Golurk capture.

ash use pikachu to battle the giant pokemon in the raid but piachu lost with single attack i cant belive
That Golurk was too tanky. Pikachu's only available move against it was Iron Tail (A Physical non-STAB move). And even then, Pikachu made that Golurk kneel while Gou and the 3 COTD weren't able to.

Reaction score
That Golurk was too tanky. Pikachu's only available move against it was Iron Tail (A Physical non-STAB move). And even then, Pikachu made that Golurk kneel while Gou and the 3 COTD weren't able to.
but it lost with one attack

Not Dead
Reaction score
Ash and Pikachu were the ones who put in the most effort of damaging it and actually made an attempt to capture it, which is why Yamper somehow managed to one shot it. I did state in the review that I'd rather Koharu catch the Gengar but when you look back at it (and when you take the next episode's summary into account being an Ash focused episode), Ash might be the one who strikes up a friendship with Gengar and eventually catches it. Not to mention, Koharu didn't even have the slightest bit of interaction outside of being ambushed by Gengar followed by the mentioned one-shot (that moment was more about Koharu and Yamper than Gengar). Besides, if Koharu needs a catch, she also needs a goal or motive which she lacks at the moment.
If Ash strikes a friendship with Gengar, so be it. As far as we know, he's just going to get trolled.

It doesn't matter who put in the most damage. For Ash it was just another battle, while for Koharu it was her first one. And no, she doesn't need to pick a goal before catching her first Pokemon.

Reaction score
The summary says they will definitely catch Gengar this time makes me think the boys are going to get trolled again.

Reaction score
If Gengar strikes up a primary friendship with Ash, it would be weird for it to join anyone other than Ash (unless it shows a change in desire like Aipom/Buizel later on).

It does matter because it's not right to say Koharu/Yamper 'defeated' Gengar, when the only reason they managed to do so was because Ash and Pikachu did most of the heavy lifting. You're right about the latter but as of now, I don't see how Gengar can really help her especially when the 16th episode states Gengar's connection with Ash. So far, there's nothing to connect Koharu with the purple menace.
Hopefully for Ash
What’s the next region to explored afther Unova