• The Anime and Manga staff has posted a PSA regarding Go and how we'll handle future cases involving him from now onwards.

We strongly recommend checking out this thread.

Thank you in advance.
  • All content from the former Roleplaying Games forum has been merged into the Writers' Workshop forum. You can find more information in this thread.

We hope to see you roleplaying away soon!
  • The World Beyond Restructure is now finished! Check out the update here!
  • The 2020 staff drive for Bulbagarden is now live! If you're interested in joining the Bulbagarden staff team (whether it be forums, social media, or more!) then you're encouraged to apply!
  • Hey everyone! The Writer's Workshop is hosting an exciting event, Trainers of Fanfiction! It's a community event focused around your characters!

Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

Not Dead
Reaction score
If Gengar strikes up a primary friendship with Ash, it would be weird for it to join anyone other than Ash (unless it shows a change in desire like Aipom/Buizel later on).

It does matter because it's not right to say Koharu/Yamper 'defeated' Gengar, when the only reason they managed to do so was because Ash and Pikachu did most of the heavy lifting. You're right about the latter but as of now, I don't see how Gengar can really help her especially when the 16th episode states Gengar's connection with Ash. So far, there's nothing to connect Koharu with the purple menace.
It seems like just another episode about wreaking havoc to me; I don't know why Gengar would curse Ash and then bond with it. I agree that whoever befriends Gengar will get to keep it, but we don't know who that is yet. Gengar could easily get another episode because right now it's a bigger villain than Team Rocket, and for all we know that will always be its role.

What’s the next region to explored afther Unova
Unknown. Probably Kalos, but who knows.

Reaction score
How powerful is Ash Dragonite compared to Pikachu? like powerful or very powerful or extremely powerful but how to determined powerful in the series?
Ash Gengina is super powerful :)
Same with inceraroar and Lycanroc and metal guy pokemon

Reaction score
I dunno? For the same reason Bayleef tackled Ash? Gible, Totodil, Turtwig etc. biting his head? Even if Gengar has malicious or mischievous intentions instead of friendly ones, Ash is the only one on the cast that can match its fiery spirit and temper him. That factor is something that Koharu is very much incapable of at the moment (though my opinion might change after the 16th episode and if there's another Koharu episode soon).

Dragonite managed to go toe-to-toe with Golurk in this episode and suffice to say, it could manage to defeat the Golurk without help from Gou's cheaply caught Darmanitan. And no, we won't talk about what happened to Pikachu in the latest episode because it looks like a very cheap writing cop-out just like the Ground type issue.
What u mean cheap out fights
Also what about powerful of ash Pokémon I was asking

Reaction score
It was a Raid Battle boss. They're supposed to be very durable and hard to take down.
I’m curious this raid battle wasn’t the first time wasn’t their others in the past where they battle large Pokémon what about that giant cladol

This is completely random im sorry but we need help on disney+ if you like lion guard please support we trying to get another season of series hopefully they could same level of lion king movie animated had did

Reaction score
I am starting to hate Gou more and more. He doesn't only capture strong Pokemon without any effort, he also steals them from Ash without doing any effort. Can they write Gou off this series already, only then it will be good. This series is worse than the Black and White series and that says a lot.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I am starting to hate Gou more and more. He doesn't even capture strong Pokemon without any effort, he also steals them from Ash without doing any effort. Can they write Gou off this series already, only then it will be good. This series is worse than the Black and White series and that says a lot.
i agreed, he should battle more of his own then getting help and not fan him toss pokeball to get easy pokemon
i was curious are you fan of lion guard

Reaction score
That's going more than a bit too far. BW was far worse than what we've been getting so far.
Indeed. Ash is mostly good at battling in this series. But I don't know how to feel about Gou catching strong Pokemons without improving his battling skill.

Reaction score
That's going more than a bit too far. BW was far worse than what we've been getting so far.
Yeah no chance. At least in BW, we had interesting characters alongside Ash, if Gou wasn't present, you wouldn't even miss him. He is the most boring travelling companion ever.

The Prince is Back!
Reaction score
Yeah no chance. At least in BW, we had interesting characters alongside Ash, if Gou wasn't present, you wouldn't even miss him. He is the most boring travelling companion ever.
Ash is way more competent in this series than in BW. That alone gives this series a huge advantage in my eyes.

Reaction score
We could try on social media saying things we do t like about go they should read it I was told by friend that does happen when fans on social media tells how they feel

Reaction score
I doubt the writers give a crap what a bunch of westerns online think about Go.
Yeah, that's why they won't change the way the write his character.
And that's why I think from now on, Gou will be the only one getting strong Pokemons from Ash's Wild Pokemon Battles and not Ash himself.

Reaction score
Yeah, that's why they won't change the way the write his character.
And that's why I think from now on, Gou will be the only one getting strong Pokemons from Ash's Wild Pokemon Battles and not Ash himself.
Ash wanted to catch the Yamask Woobat that he saw in this episode, which shows that he's still interested in catching Pokemon. This, plus the fact that his first capture in this series was a pseudo-legendary and the high likelihood of him catching the Gengar in episode 16 means we'll probably see Ash catch more strong Pokemon in the future. Just not as often as Gou.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Ash wanted to catch the Yamask that he saw in this episode, which shows that he's still interested in catching Pokemon. This, plus the fact that his first capture in this series was a pseudo-legendary and the high likelihood of him catching the Gengar in episode 16 means we'll probably see Ash catch more strong Pokemon in the future. Just not as often as Gou.
I don't know. After this episode, the possibility of Gou getting strong Pokemons has increased significantly because he don't need to be a good battler. Ash can do it for him.

A Happy Politoed
Reaction score
I was rather disappointed that Go caught 3 Pokemon in SS014 and Ash caught none

Golurk and Darmanitan are powerful Pokemon that deserve a place on Ash's team and I don't really see Go using them

Reaction score
If the writers chose to write Gou's future captures like the way they wrote Golurk's capture in episode 14, then I really hope Gou will have Ash-Charizard situations with most of his strong captures. Because there's no way he will be motivated to become better at battling at this point when there's Ash doing it in his stead.

Golurk and Darmanitan are powerful Pokemon that deserve a place on Ash's team and I don't really see Go using them
He at least won't use Golurk because he said it will be the guardian of Sakuragi Lab at the end of episode 14.

A Happy Politoed
Reaction score
He at least won't use Golurk because he said it will be the guardian of Sakuragi Lab at the end of episode 14.
As I don't understand Japanese and without subs, I didn't realize that

My thoughts still stand