• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

I hope Gou's Dewgong will get an episode focused on it soon.
Its attitude toward Gou is neutral, unlike most of his captures.
And it somewhat disobeyed him even after being caught (again, unlike most of his captures).
Having an episode focused on the relationship between Gou and his Dewgong would be interesting.

I’m not sure if Go's that fond of it himself, he was perfectly fine with the prospect of potentially never seeing it again when they got stranded on an island. Any other protagonist's first concern would be finding a lost Pokémon over taking photographs of Dragonite, even if it were a water type lost in the sea.

The push Riolu received is really outstanding.

ERmUaOJWkAAAe1J

I've never liked those fans either, because I've never really liked speculating what Pokémon a main character would catch based on personal opinion without evidence. Now, however, the evidence hints at a Riolu/Lucario joining the main cast, so I'm carefully optimistic towards that possibility now.
This is hardly the first time. I don't remember the specifics around Lucario/Riolu's appearances in DP or XY, but in BW we got this poster that made a lot of people speculate about Riolu/Lucario, Eevee, Dragonite and the evolved Unova starters (it's funny that these are almost the same Pokemon now, except with the starters representing Kanto and Galar). There was a lot of merchandise, too. Yet, Ash didn't get any of those Pokemon, and nowadays we have a lot Pokemon being advertised. Riolu and Lucario are hardly the only ones that show up a lot, either. To top it all off, Ash got Dragonite despite the relative lack of merchandise.

I'm not saying that it couldn't happen, but I hate to see people treat it as a sure thing. And what I absolutely don't get is what makes Lucario special. Yes, it got a nice movie, but we all know that if Ash had a Lucario, it wouldn't talk or have a particularly special storyline. As for Aura... It's literally just one move and it makes no difference if Ash can imitate it.

Last edited:
Do you think that Ash's Charizard, Sceptile, Infernape and/or Krookodile will make their reappearance as in the 2020 new anime series? Why?

I'm not saying that it couldn't happen, but I hate to see people treat it as a sure thing.
I'm not treating it as a sure thing, either. I'm just carefully optimistic towards that possibility.
And what I absolutely don't get is what makes Lucario special.
It was one of the Generation IV Pokémon revealed to the public, was heavily used as part of Generation IV advertisement, including a Mystery Dungeon game cameo and, of course, the movie. Those and its design helped it to become a fan favorite.
Yes, it got a nice movie, but we all know that if Ash had a Lucario, it wouldn't talk or have a particularly special storyline.
It not talking is no surprise. That Lucario in the movie was a special case, no other Lucario in the anime has talked. But we don't know yet if it'll have a "special storyline" if it ends up appearing. And even if it won't end up having one, there's still no reason they couldn't build up a believable friendship between the Trainer and Pokémon in some other way.

This constant 'new merch!' Twitter-esque thing that's been happening lately is really tiring. I mean most of the merch features the same Pokemon over and over with very few variations, then there are things posted that aren't even really merch like that alphabet/katakana chart that's been brought up at least 6 times this week.

What I would love is some actual new episode titles that would give us something more to work with. :bulbaLove:

Back
Top Bottom