• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

ESENv1TW4AEyFRS
Leaning towards it being fake, it’s literally Raboot's official art mirrored and copy pasted. Besides, it’s the height of giving Go things on a silver platter literally right after he’s learnt how to work for his captures (Cubone).

Leaning towards it being fake, it’s literally Raboot's official art mirrored and copy pasted. Besides, it’s the height of giving Go things on a silver platter literally right after he’s learnt how to work for his captures (Cubone).
That Raboot poster was seen on the official Niconico Pokemon anime channel for a short moment before it got removed. Either someone went out of their way to hack it in, or someone on the official side messed up. I'm leaning towards the latter.

Maybe you shouldn't shove it in people's faces.
tbh, it would be a little stupid if they evolve Scorbunny so early, especially since it has been marketed as Gou's companion Pokemon.
i like scorbunny, I hope it doesn’t evolve too quickly since it’s brand new Pokémon for Go, it be too fast, it’s quite funny Pokémon as it evolved I could see loosing its goofiest moments to become serious Pokémon :(

It looks like the first poster only with Raboot in place of Scorbunny.
I’m hoping Ash will get his Pidgeot and Primeape back at least

Say, we knew that Greninja has been crowned again as #1 most popular Google Pokémon of the Year 2020. So, because of Greninja's #1 most popularity, do you think that Greninja will make its comeback to its former Trainer Ash Ketchum in the 2020 new series from the anime, that will be shown only in a flashback, or that it will be written out of script and/or only mentioned in that series? Why? Please go ahead and tell me your thoughts.

Some Greninja will appear regardless of that poll. It does not need to be Ash's.

Also, that poll is a flawed measure of popularity given that each Pokemon was voted out of its region. Some regions are more varied and spread out than others.

Which is pretty lazy. They could have added Cubone at the very least, if not highlight more Pokemon over others. That giant Snorlax isn't going to appear again.
Yeah. It makes it look a photoshop job. It would be easy to create a fanart of Raboot and photoshop it onto the original poster in Scorbunny's place.

Mind you, having Scorbunny evolve early in the series has its advantages, we only need to look at Popplio who evolved late into Sun and Moon
Kinda reminds me how May's Torchic evolved pretty early on. Let's just hope the second evolution isn't as late as it was with Combuksen.
It isn’t an advantage to have one decision of extremely bad writing over another.
They could at least space the evolutions more evenly apart than they did with Blaziken and Primarina.

They could at least space the evolutions more evenly apart than they did with Blaziken and Primarina.
That doesn’t mean that it should evolve so early. I’m pretty sure no main character's starter has evolved so early on. It doesn’t have to be one extreme over another. I’m pretty sure the writers have enough writing ability to space the evolutions evenly.

To add insult to injury Scorbunny has done laughably less amount of stuff. The thing doesn’t even know the most basic fire moves.

You have to appreciate the irony of our fandom complaining about Scorbunny evolving too soon despite practically everyone wanting other starter Pokemon from previous sagas to evolve early too, even if some of those starters did **** all for the beginning of their tenure. Chespin specifically comes to mind and even Popplio did jack shit for a while yet people still wanted it to evolve early in the SuMo saga. Funny how the 'it's bad writing!' excuse is being tossed around as usual when things don't go the way y'all want.

You have to appreciate the irony of our fandom complaining about Scorbunny evolving too soon despite practically everyone wanting other starter Pokemon from previous sagas to evolve early too, even if some of those starters did **** all for the beginning of their tenure. Chespin specifically comes to mind and even Popplio did jack shit for a while yet people still wanted it to evolve early in the SuMo saga. Funny how the 'it's bad writing!' excuse is being tossed around as usual when things don't go the way y'all want.
Nobody wanted Popplio or Chespin to just one day evolve without build up and roll with it. If anyone was demanding that they did, they were asking for proper development to come with the package and make it believable.

Back
Top Bottom