• The Anime and Manga staff has posted a PSA regarding Go and how we'll handle future cases involving him from now onwards.

We strongly recommend checking out this thread.

Thank you in advance.

Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

Reaction score
Giving Ash a second Greninja, Meltan or Lapras to excuse him having any of those in his team would be beyond terrible writing. No, he’s definitely not gonna catch a replacement for his pokemon, it’s either stuff for the CotD’s, Go or (unlikely) the actual ones that Ash had that might be showing up.
Oops, sorry about that, guys.:oops:

I'm a male Mew and Sobble fan
Reaction score
I'm calling it right now. Watch Sirfetch'd belong to some irrelevant CotD. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong.

Reaction score
I also doubt that Gou will get the Galarian Farfetch'd, he already has a regular one and the Galar variant has been described to be battle oriented, not to mention the amount of hype long before this series that hoped Ash would get a Sirfetch'd.
The fact that Gou's got a regular one is exactly why he should get the Galarian variant! Someone (like Sonia) could easily tip him off about Galarian-variant Pokemon having evolutions not seen in other regions that would give Gou more than enough reason to catch them. The fact the first one could be a Farfetch'd just makes it better given the spiel he gave about it (interrupting Professor Oak in the process) in the 1st episode.

Reaction score
Outside of that one short term reasoning, a Galarian Farfetch'd (and ultimately Sirfetch'd) is wasted on Gou and won't shine in any way. You know, the very Sirfetch'd which was so hyped when it was pretty much first revealed (long before Gou was even a thing publicly) and has been always shown to be a battling oriented species?
If the Galarian Farfetch'd has a more combative type, then it could get him started on building a more permanent team. Gou's only been going with Raboot for the most part, so seeing him building up a team to go with him because he starts noticing that some of his Pokemon want to get stronger would be a good way to show some growth from the Raboot's Goodbye episode. We've seen his Scyther having a competitive spirit compared to his other captures, so it's inevitable that he'll get a bunch of Pokemon with more competitive dispositions.

Young Battle Trainer
Reaction score
Given Greninja's popularity on the polls and the fact that Ash's Greninja (not to be confused with Ash-Greninja) is still relevant amongst the fandom. It would reputation suicide if they pulled bait moves like with the earlier episodes.

I also doubt that Gou will get the Galarian Farfetch'd, he already has a regular one and the Galar variant has been described to be battle oriented, not to mention the amount of hype long before this series that hoped Ash would get a Sirfetch'd.
Gou has already been foreshadowed to get Galaran Farfetch'd, with his comment in one of the earlier episodes that the Kantonian variant can't evolve.

Young Battle Trainer
Reaction score
Doesn't necessarily mean that he has to get the Galar variant. Documenting, studying and observing it would be more than enough instead of letting one of the more popular Gen 8 Pokemon waste away after being used for just 1 small plot point (which wasn't even the main focus of the episode it was first brought up in).
You can say the same thing about all of Gou's Pokemon, and it is also even implied that he will catch a Morpeko.

Reaction score
As if Sirfetch'd would do any better under Ash. It would have less screentime compared to Lucario and Sobbld
Thats what i fear for Dragonite and Gengar when Ash gets a rotation team going. Sobble/Grookey are starters and Lucario is more popular than Dragonite and Gengar combined.

Flame Trainer
Reaction score
If Go gets Galarian Farfetch'd, it should not be kept in the Sakuragi dome, since it clearly has a battle oriented personality. It’s high time they give him a permanent team with some rotating members.

It'd be a lot better if TRio got their own permanent captures while the different-Pokémon-per-episode thing was done by Go instead of the gacha.

Reaction score
Sirfetch'd and Ash are made for each other.
Not really. And please don't use the it's a battler excuse because practically all fully evolved Pokemon are by default good battlers. Ash catching another Fighting-type when he already has Riolu would leave a sour taste in my mouth. Let's see some more type diversity please.

Young Battle Trainer
Reaction score
Not really. And please don't use the it's a battler excuse because practically all fully evolved Pokemon are by default good battlers. Ash catching another Fighting-type when he already has Riolu would leave a sour taste in my mouth. Let's see some more type diversity please.
And Ash might end up catching Kubfu. I don't think that they would give Ash three Fighting-types with completely identical personalities. It would be like Ash catching the same Pokemon three times.

Last edited:
Reaction score
And Ash might end up catching Kubfu. I don't think that they would give Ash three Fighting-types with completely identical personalities. It would be like Ash catching the same Pokemon three times.
I would see ash get the single fist form of Kubfu's evolution, since the other one is more calm and stragetic like Go