• The Anime and Manga staff has posted a PSA regarding Go and how we'll handle future cases involving him from now onwards.

We strongly recommend checking out this thread.

Thank you in advance.
  • All content from the former Roleplaying Games forum has been merged into the Writers' Workshop forum. You can find more information in this thread.

We hope to see you roleplaying away soon!
  • The World Beyond Restructure is now finished! Check out the update here!
  • The 2020 staff drive for Bulbagarden is now live! If you're interested in joining the Bulbagarden staff team (whether it be forums, social media, or more!) then you're encouraged to apply!
  • Hey everyone! The Writer's Workshop is hosting an exciting event, Trainers of Fanfiction! It's a community event focused around your characters!

Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

Electrifying Battlegrounds
Reaction score
If Goh catches that Galarian Farfetch'd I can see surging of Goh's Battle spirit.

Last edited:
Now with Mega Evolution
Reaction score
If we ever see Ash’s old Pokémon revisited, I could definitely see them Mega Evolving or G-Maxing. Unfortunately, though, we haven’t had that occur outside of the rare cameo or Charizard in BW since the DP League.

Reaction score
So we’ve all given up on the idea that Goh will have a regular team?

This, too, shall pass...
Reaction score
If we ever see Ash’s old Pokémon revisited, I could definitely see them Mega Evolving or G-Maxing. Unfortunately, though, we haven’t had that occur outside of the rare cameo or Charizard in BW since the DP League.
Bringing them back now would make sense due to the world tour focus, but the only hint towards that I can recall so far is the particular selection of Kanto starters on that poster (Charizard and the others in the first stage).

Reaction score
Bringing them back now would make sense due to the world tour focus, but the only hint towards that I can recall so far is the particular selection of Kanto starters on that poster (Charizard and the others in the first stage).
Yeah I feel he’d probably bring back old when ash reaches the ultra or master.

Reaction score
New merchandise for the anime.
Just the usual + a hidden Pokemon.

Well... lets speculate away.... or don't, since its pointless to speculate since Ash can get every Pokemon (I doubt they would hide a new mon for Goh, since he gets all of them anyways).

Reaction score
What is there to speculate about? The fact that Scorbunny's there throws a wrench into things because Goh's Scorbunny evolved ages ago and that mystery Pokemon could be anything.
tbh, it happened in the past as well, where all three of the same evolutionary stage were marketed despite there being a starter evolution.

Reaction score
The hidden Pokemon looks like a bat flying.
It's literally a blob. At this point people are going to see what they want to see which is why I think it's kind of pointless to even speculate off that image alone especially since Mew and Scorbunny are there too even though they don't mean anything in terms of captures in the near future.

Young Battle Trainer
Reaction score
It's literally a blob. At this point people are going to see what they want to see which is why I think it's kind of pointless to even speculate off that image alone especially since Mew and Scorbunny are there too even though they don't mean anything in terms of captures in the near future.
Yeah. Let's just move on from this. It's clear that there's nothing of value here.