• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

What's going on in this topic? Can we please get back to discussing evolutions, captures, and releases?
I'd be more than happy to do that too.
Shouldn’t there be a separate page for Goh’s Pokémon? Bulbapedia it’s already oddly considering putting all of Ash’s Pokémon on a separate page (although why they don’t just make Manga Ash separate is beyond me)
That's being considered, and will probably happen. Also, EToP Ash does have his own page.
Yeah and even then I don’t think he’ll keep it.
I dislike people making jokes about Ash releasing all of his strong Pokémon. Infernape, Sceptile, Krookodile, Charizard, and several others would beg to differ.

Yup episode set in Sinnoh, lets give him only Kanto captures instead of Sinnoh ones (Could have easily given him Finneon instead of Goldeen).

I mean the Resort Area and the surrounding settlements in that part of the region are known for their diversity in Pokemon, and there are hardly any Sinnoh Pokemon found there in the games anyway, so why is it a problem that Goh caught some non-Sinnoh mons in that episode?

I mean the Resort Area and the surrounding settlements in that part of the region are known for their diversity in Pokemon, and there are hardly any Sinnoh Pokemon found there in the games anyway, so why is it a problem that Goh caught some non-Sinnoh mons in that episode?
Because it's more Kanto pandering, that's why.

Because the series is set in all regions, not only Kanto. Its also established that the Anime doesn't completely follow the games either.
Whats the point in Ash and Goh going to Sinnoh if Goh gets exclusive Kanto mons in other regions anyways. Its not a big deal if there is some diversity in the captures (Like give him a Magikarp and then 2 Sinnoh mons).

They literally just stuck to what happens in the games. The only Pokemon you can get from fishing in the resort area are Magikarp, Goldeen, and Seaking. This isn't some "Kanto" pandering, it just OLM continuing the trend that they have had since the start of the series (by being more in line with the games when it comes to wild Pokemon and where they appear).

They literally just stuck to what happens in the games. The only Pokemon you can get from fishing in the resort area are Magikarp, Goldeen, and Seaking. This isn't some "Kanto" pandering, it just OLM continuing the trend that they have had since the start of the series (by being more in line with the games when it comes to wild Pokemon and where they appear).

Last time i checked: Vermillion Forest didn't exist, Vermilion Harbor didn't exist, last time i checked all of Gohs Kanto mons cannot be caught in Vermillion City, last time i checked Mantyke cannot be caught in Snowpoint City, Last time i checked Dewgong can only be found on Seafoam Island, Sentret, Misdreavus and Stantler can't be caught in Ecruteak City. So no, they haven't been in line with the games when it comes to wild Pokemon and where they appear at all.

Back
Top Bottom