• ME has two Legendary encounters this week. Watch them here and here.
  • The Anime and Manga staff has posted a PSA regarding Go and how we'll handle future cases involving him from now onwards.

We strongly recommend checking out this thread.

Thank you in advance.
  • All content from the former Roleplaying Games forum has been merged into the Writers' Workshop forum. You can find more information in this thread.

We hope to see you roleplaying away soon!
  • The World Beyond Restructure is now finished! Check out the update here!
  • It's time for the Writer's Workshop Summer event: our second themed one-shot competition! Check out the sign-up thread here!
  • Hey everyone! Bulbagarden is hosting its first Bulbaleague Conference Pokemon Showdown Tournament! Check out this thread to get the full details!
  • Hey everyone! The Writer's Workshop is hosting an exciting event, Trainers of Fanfiction! It's a community event focused around your characters!

Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

I'm a male Mew and Sobble fan
Reaction score
I mean the Resort Area and the surrounding settlements in that part of the region are known for their diversity in Pokemon, and there are hardly any Sinnoh Pokemon found there in the games anyway, so why is it a problem that Goh caught some non-Sinnoh mons in that episode?
Because it's more Kanto pandering, that's why.

Reaction score
I mean the Resort Area and the surrounding settlements in that part of the region are known for their diversity in Pokemon, and there are hardly any Sinnoh Pokemon found there in the games anyway, so why is it a problem that Goh caught some non-Sinnoh mons in that episode?
Because the series is set in all regions, not only Kanto. Its also established that the Anime doesn't completely follow the games either.
Whats the point in Ash and Goh going to Sinnoh if Goh gets exclusive Kanto mons in other regions anyways. Its not a big deal if there is some diversity in the captures (Like give him a Magikarp and then 2 Sinnoh mons).

Reaction score
They literally just stuck to what happens in the games. The only Pokemon you can get from fishing in the resort area are Magikarp, Goldeen, and Seaking. This isn't some "Kanto" pandering, it just OLM continuing the trend that they have had since the start of the series (by being more in line with the games when it comes to wild Pokemon and where they appear).

Young Battle Trainer
Reaction score
My own personal prediction about Ash's team is that he will get Pokemon from all eight generations, and most of his Pokemon will be "fan favorites" like Dragonite, Gengar, and Lucario were.

Reaction score
They literally just stuck to what happens in the games. The only Pokemon you can get from fishing in the resort area are Magikarp, Goldeen, and Seaking. This isn't some "Kanto" pandering, it just OLM continuing the trend that they have had since the start of the series (by being more in line with the games when it comes to wild Pokemon and where they appear).
Last time i checked: Vermillion Forest didn't exist, Vermilion Harbor didn't exist, last time i checked all of Gohs Kanto mons cannot be caught in Vermillion City, last time i checked Mantyke cannot be caught in Snowpoint City, Last time i checked Dewgong can only be found on Seafoam Island, Sentret, Misdreavus and Stantler can't be caught in Ecruteak City. So no, they haven't been in line with the games when it comes to wild Pokemon and where they appear at all.

Young Battle Trainer
Reaction score
Last time i checked: Vermillion Forest didn't exist, Vermilion Harbor didn't exist, last time i checked all of Gohs Kanto mons cannot be caught in Vermillion City, last time i checked Mantyke cannot be caught in Snowpoint City, Last time i checked Dewgong can only be found on Seafoam Island, Sentret, Misdreavus and Stantler can't be caught in Ecruteak City. So no, they haven't been in line with the games when it comes to wild Pokemon and where they appear at all.
Stantler can actually be found on the route to Ecruteak's south.

The Prince is Back!
Reaction score
The fact that the anime doesn't align with the games 100% of the time doesn't mean the anime won't make game references from time to time.

Flame Trainer
Reaction score
The fact that the anime doesn't align with the games 100% of the time doesn't mean the anime won't make game references from time to time.
At the time it’s only happening when featuring Kanto wild life is favoured. Even though Johto Pokemon can live in Kanto, the first episodes featured nothing but Kanto wildlife. The background wildlife in the non-travel episodes is getting stale already, so it’s a pity that Go is catching Kanto Pokémon in other regions too.

The Prince is Back!
Reaction score
At the time it’s only happening when featuring Kanto wild life is favoured. Even though Johto Pokemon can live in Kanto, the first episodes featured nothing but Kanto wildlife. The background wildlife in the non-travel episodes is getting stale already, so it’s a pity that Go is catching Kanto Pokémon in other regions too.
In this case, it's because Goldeen and Magikarp are actually found in the area they're in in the games too. Not because of pandering.

An Ice Alolan Ninetales
Reaction score
I'm a bit disappointed that Goh caught a Magikarp that Ash actually hooked whilst fishing.

Interesting to see Goh catch a Goldeen, probably have the same fate as Misty's

Reaction score
I'm a bit disappointed that Goh caught a Magikarp that Ash actually hooked whilst fishing.

Interesting to see Goh catch a Goldeen, probably have the same fate as Misty's
At least he asked if he could catch it. Goh is improving.

怪しいことも何一つない。
Reaction score
I'm surprised that Cubone still has some merchandise even now. The writers seems to be ignoring it.
What I find most interesting/reassuring about this is that the egg patterns are as normal, except for Riolu's which looks like the Go-type egg it hatched from not long back. Which hopefully means that normal eggs are not being permanently replaced, yay!