• The Anime and Manga staff has posted a PSA regarding Go and how we'll handle future cases involving him from now onwards.

We strongly recommend checking out this thread.

Thank you in advance.
  • All content from the former Roleplaying Games forum has been merged into the Writers' Workshop forum. You can find more information in this thread.

We hope to see you roleplaying away soon!
  • The World Beyond Restructure is now finished! Check out the update here!
  • The 2020 staff drive for Bulbagarden is now live! If you're interested in joining the Bulbagarden staff team (whether it be forums, social media, or more!) then you're encouraged to apply!
  • Hey everyone! The Writer's Workshop is hosting an exciting event, Trainers of Fanfiction! It's a community event focused around your characters!

Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

Antagonizing members at the Clemens Point camp
Reaction score
Maybe she'll get more than one appearance as part of Riolu's development?
I guess that's when Ash will receive the Mega Evolution material, didn't make sense for him to receive it when it's still a Riolu. All of the explanation from Gurkinn to Goh has to mean something, a way to reintroduce new viewers to that old concept.

Last edited:
The Prince is Back!
Reaction score
Johto starters are starting to appear in merchandise. I hope we will get another Johto episode soon.
Let's Go Johto on the 24th, maybe?
New poster for the anime. I'm surprised that Korrina is featured in this one.

I'm guessing more appearances for her as part of Riolu's character development.

Reaction score
This poll was held long after any plot points and near future captures were decided on.
It's half a year time span to make an episode, and they have changed up plans before. Either we know so (the G.S ball removal) or can guess so (Ash's badge 8 in Unova).

Reaction score
It's half a year time span to make an episode, and they have changed up plans before. Either we know so (the G.S ball removal) or can guess so (Ash's badge 8 in Unova).
We pretty much know definitively that Ash's eighth Unova badge was changed from the original plans; when Ash received his Unova badge case in BW013, the last slot was still in the shape of the Legend Badge.

It's only later on that they changed the slots to become generic circular shapes, so that's probably when they decided to switch courses for Ash's Unova badge quest

Last edited:
Reaction score
It seems Mr. Mime is still treated as a part of Ash's team in some merchandise.

I don't know about Mimey being a permanent team member, since whenever there is talk about Ash's team, Mimey isn't mentioned. However, the term permanent team member or reserve is kinda iffy this series when it comes to Mimey, since you can consider it a permanent team member, or a reserve, but same goes for Gengar and Dragonite, since they don't join Ash in every episode (So they are either reserves or rotational team members and not permanent ones - unlike Pikachu and Riolu (Since its capture, Riolu has had more episodes alongside Ash than Dragonite and Gengar combined).

Sssh! He's napping...
Reaction score
Out of curiosity which is the most popular Galar starter in Japan?
This isn't a scientific poll or anything but a quick check on Pixiv shows Inteleon has more fanart than the other third stagers (Rillaboom is trailing way behind the others for some reason). I've read a few people say he's the most popular there as well.

Among the first stagers Scorbunny has a big lead instead, but the anime could be the reason for that.

Reaction score
Out of curiosity which is the most popular Galar starter in Japan?
This is from a Famitsu Magazine that was from back in March so it's a bit outdated now but until we get another Japan-only poll this is all we have to go off of.

"TOP 6 POKÉMON THAT WE [Japan] LOVE!"
tumblr_8cf70166f93e79bf3c2f9c1695ddf4f3_4df20b43_640.jpg

tumblr_9be2d6276ce2915effba98d0ecc04a7b_cc5a0a6c_640.jpg

1.) Corviknight
2.) Alcremie
3.) Yamper
4.) Inteleon
5.) Toxtricity
6.) Wooloo

So the answer is Inteleon. (For the time being anyways)

This isn't a scientific poll or anything but a quick check on Pixiv shows Inteleon has more fanart than the other third stagers (Rillaboom is trailing way behind the others for some reason). I've read a few people say he's the most popular there as well.

Among the first stagers Scorbunny has a big lead instead, but the anime could be the reason for that.
Nope apparently even Sobble is more popular over there

"Starter that we [the readers] Chose!"

tumblr_219b7a859f2b07cfe7428cfc0a0e1752_bd54071f_1280.png

1st Place - Sobble
2nd Place - Scorbunny
3rd Place - Grookey
(Granted there's also the possibility that Sobble could've just been the most chosen in Japan because they just wanted Inteleon but that's neither here nor there.)