• The Anime and Manga staff has posted a PSA regarding Go and how we'll handle future cases involving him from now onwards.

We strongly recommend checking out this thread.

Thank you in advance.
  • All content from the former Roleplaying Games forum has been merged into the Writers' Workshop forum. You can find more information in this thread.

We hope to see you roleplaying away soon!
  • The World Beyond Restructure is now finished! Check out the update here!
  • It's time for the Writer's Workshop Summer event: our second themed one-shot competition! Check out the sign-up thread here!
  • Hey everyone! Bulbagarden is hosting its first Bulbaleague Conference Pokemon Showdown Tournament! Check out this thread to get the full details!
  • Hey everyone! The Writer's Workshop is hosting an exciting event, Trainers of Fanfiction! It's a community event focused around your characters!

Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

Into the Nether portal...
Reaction score
Updated list, feel free to correct me if I missed any:

Compiled a list of every Pokemon on PM2019's poster. Note that I didn't include minor/irrelevant appearances or cameos in this list.
Example: The Corviknight in the the 2nd episode's raid battle.

Have appeared on screen:
Pikachu - Ash's.
Dragonite - Ash's.
Gengar - Ash's.
Lucario - Ash's.
Mr. Mime - Ash's.

Wobbufet - TRio.
Meowth - TRio.
Pelipper - Gacha delivery.

Scorbunny - Gou's.
Mantine - Gou's.
Magikarp - Gou's.
Fletchling - Gou's.
Mew - Gou's goal

Yamper - Koharu's.
Lugia - SS002.
Snorlax - SS005.
Piplup - SS008.
Croagunk - SS008.
Cyndaquil - SS009.
Ho-oh - SS009.
Cofagrigus - SS014.
Braviary - SS014.
Ditto - SS019.

Not appeared yet but may be past Pokemon or promoted to appear soon:
Bulbasaur - Ash's.
Squirtle - Ash's.
Charizard - Ash's.
Greninja - Ash's.
Rowlet - Ash's.
Jigglypuff - Recurring.
Mimikyu - TRio.
Tapu Koko - Melemele guardian.
Sobble - Upcoming preview.
Grookey - Promotion/Starter.

Yet to appear with no confirmation on status:
Charmander
Diglett
Eevee
Articuno
Zapdos
Moltres
Hoothoot
Smeargle
Unown
Rayquaza
Flygon
Jirachi
Altaria
Blaziken
Salamence
Latias
Latios
Mareep
Gardevoir
Absol
Garchomp
Igglybuff
Cleffa
Umbreon
Espeon
Smoochum
Magby
Togepi
Sudowoodo
Electivire
Magmortar
Shaymin
Dusknoir
Dialga
Palkia
Regigigas
Rhyperior
Mamoswine
Chatot
Froslass
Weavile
Glaceon
Stunfisk
Chandelure
Zoroark
Oshawott
Snivy
Tepig
Zekrom
Reshiram
Whimsicott
Audino
Mincinno
Goomy
Noibat
Talonflame
Zeraora
Litten
Meltan
Pyukumukyu
Alolan Raichu
Alolan Exeguttor
Corviknight
Zacian
Zamazenta

Reaction score
with all the scans with ash and sobble at least that was proof ash would get it like other scans showing what Pokemon he catch such as Meltan from last year, Dragonite as a Dragonair on merchandise, Gengar,Riolu from everything that happened this year so far. Also Ash's Hawlucha and Fletchnider from the movie promo in 2014, ash catching Roggenrola, Scraggy from Pokemon best wishes in 2011. Ash's chimchar and starvavia evolving into Monferno and Starpator in the 2009 movie promos. these examples showed the Pokemon ash would catch and it happened and sometimes the previews can trick us like in Best wishes season 2 where ash said he catch Onix But didn't however it wasn't a total waste as Oshawott learned Hypro Pump.
t

Life is a freakshow
Reaction score
Nice list made by my avatar partner @Panky..

If I'm not wrong the Kanto starters appeared in episode 3 when Go refused them cause he wanted to catch Mew.

An Ice Alolan Ninetales
Reaction score
JN032 sees Goh and Ash visit Azaela town so I'm curious to see what Pokemon Goh might catch, hopefully not Celebi

Probably some Johto bugs

Racy Raichu
Reaction score
Ledyba, Spinarak, and Heracross, perhaps? If this episode focuses on Go’s abandonment issues and the CoTD he might not catch anything.
May be Heracross as a sworn enemy for his Scyther.

JN032 sees Goh and Ash visit Azaela town so I'm curious to see what Pokemon Goh might catch, hopefully not Celebi

Probably some Johto bugs
May be Heracross as a sworn enemy for his Scyther.

Reaction score
I'm still surprised that the writers let Ash have a Pokemon with 2 Dark-type moves that are not Bite or Crunch.
it’s a bit weird because his Pokémon usually only get STAB and Normal type moves; sometimes one coverage move and rarely two coverage moves- has he ever had a Pokemon know two non-STAB or Normal type moves of the same type?

Reaction score
it’s a bit weird because his Pokémon usually only get STAB and Normal type moves; sometimes one coverage move and rarely two coverage moves- has he ever had a Pokemon know two non-STAB or Normal type moves of the same type?
Noctowl knew Hypnosis and Confusion in Johto.

There’s also Charizard using Submission and Seismic Toss against Blaine, if we can even count OS in this.

Reaction score
Only Noctowl as of now, although Ash has gotten Pokemon that used Non-STAB moves which weren't Normal type or weren't coverage moves, but 2 coverage moves, no.