• ME has two Legendary encounters this week. Watch them here and here.
  • The Anime and Manga staff has posted a PSA regarding Go and how we'll handle future cases involving him from now onwards.

We strongly recommend checking out this thread.

Thank you in advance.
  • All content from the former Roleplaying Games forum has been merged into the Writers' Workshop forum. You can find more information in this thread.

We hope to see you roleplaying away soon!
  • The World Beyond Restructure is now finished! Check out the update here!
  • It's time for the Writer's Workshop Summer event: our second themed one-shot competition! Check out the sign-up thread here!
  • Hey everyone! Bulbagarden is hosting its first Bulbaleague Conference Pokemon Showdown Tournament! Check out this thread to get the full details!
  • Hey everyone! The Writer's Workshop is hosting an exciting event, Trainers of Fanfiction! It's a community event focused around your characters!

Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

Reaction score
Only Noctowl as of now, although Ash has gotten Pokemon that used Non-STAB moves which weren't Normal type or weren't coverage moves, but 2 coverage moves, no.
that happens from time to time (Boldore, Naganadel, Gengar) but Farfetch’d is is a pretty unique position in regards to move set.

i’ve always found move sets interesting in the anime, because unlike the games is not usually about type coverage but more about visual coverage. Hence why Riolu will have three fighting types moves- they all look and acts differently.

Young Battle Trainer
Reaction score
Which means it says nothing, since we also had that official magazine with Sobble alongside Ash's team.
That was clearly done to mislead the reader. They already used a line that Ash says to Galarian Farfetch'd and manipulated it in a trailer to make it look like he's saying it to Sobble.

This, too, shall pass...
Reaction score
Even if Ash doesn't get any of the Galar starters, he can always catch an old starter that he missed out on in the past.
This is true. It would be very strange for him to skip entirely on a generation starter but a lot of what's happened so far is strange.

Hear me roar!
Reaction score
You gotta be kidding me...They're REALLY giving Goh Sobble? Looks like Sobble won't get much action at all now since Goh just hates battling for whatever dumb reason. This is probably among the worst decisions in this series.

Young Battle Trainer
Reaction score
You gotta be kidding me...They're REALLY giving Goh Sobble? Looks like Sobble won't get much action at all now since Goh just hates battling for whatever dumb reason. This is probably among the worst decisions in this series.
And I think that Grookey will get the same fate.

Reaction score
I don’t know why everyone is worried, everybody thought at first that Goh would have a regular team- and while Scyther and Beedrill have made numerous apperences, he hasn’t done that so far- so Sobble will finally be something towards that.

it’s not like Sobble is going to get as sparse screen time as Goh’s Paras or Tentacool- we’ll see plenty of it.