• The Anime and Manga staff has posted a PSA regarding Go and how we'll handle future cases involving him from now onwards.

We strongly recommend checking out this thread.

Thank you in advance.
  • All content from the former Roleplaying Games forum has been merged into the Writers' Workshop forum. You can find more information in this thread.

We hope to see you roleplaying away soon!
  • The World Beyond Restructure is now finished! Check out the update here!
  • It's time for the Writer's Workshop Summer event: our second themed one-shot competition! Check out the sign-up thread here!
  • Hey everyone! Bulbagarden is hosting its first Bulbaleague Conference Pokemon Showdown Tournament! Check out this thread to get the full details!
  • Hey everyone! The Writer's Workshop is hosting an exciting event, Trainers of Fanfiction! It's a community event focused around your characters!

Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

I have no strong feelings one way or the other.
Reaction score
hey is it me or is ash’s team starting to look like something you’d see in an fantasy rpg like fire emblem? Think about it, he has the cute mascot, a dragon, a magician, a ghost, a monk, and a knight. Know any other rpg classes; like healer, archer, thief?
Interesting theory.

Well we have the black mage, the Berserker the dark knight,the soldier,the summoner, the ninja,the samurai, the bard ...

I have no strong feelings one way or the other.
Reaction score
Wait who’s the bard, the summoner and the black mage.
I was just wrtting some classes from RPG that can be adapted to Pokemon.

A bard can be a Pokemon that learn the move sing or have multiple Sound based moves.

A black mage can be a dark Pokemon who could use elemental moves for example Absol.

I have no idea who could be the summoner.

Reaction score
what confuses me the most about this thing is first they showed sobble with ash than yesterday goh with sobble and now ash again.

The Prince is Back!
Reaction score
I'm excited to see Ash with a Lucario, but I really just hope they build up the evolution slowly. Riolu is just too cute to evolve so soon. I wanna see more of Riolu.
Agreed. And while I wouldn't describe Farfetch'd as cute, I hope it gets some buildup too before evolving. I'm also curious how they're going to depict its evolution requirement in the anime.

Reaction score
Seems unlikely since it’s absent from prominent promotion and merchandise... Besides I don’t want to see the Fanfiction if it evolves into gardevoir... :bulbaFacepalm:
How good would Gallade be for Ash? I think Gallade could fit, but not Gardevoir.

Regular Pokémon that I can't see Goh getting:
*Pichu line
*Porygon line

Reaction score
if ash subbenly gets sobble I'll be surprised and I know this might not matter but in charmander the stray Pokemon Brock stood up for charmander but allowed ash to catch it so it can be a great Pokemon. Look at it know it became a strong charizard sure it had some obedient problems but ash worked them saving it from being frozen with a fire and rubbing