• The Anime and Manga staff has posted a PSA regarding Go and how we'll handle future cases involving him from now onwards.

We strongly recommend checking out this thread.

Thank you in advance.
  • All content from the former Roleplaying Games forum has been merged into the Writers' Workshop forum. You can find more information in this thread.

We hope to see you roleplaying away soon!
  • The World Beyond Restructure is now finished! Check out the update here!
  • It's time for the Writer's Workshop Summer event: our second themed one-shot competition! Check out the sign-up thread here!
  • Hey everyone! The Writer's Workshop is hosting an exciting event, Trainers of Fanfiction! It's a community event focused around your characters!

Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

Reaction score
I've been rewatching the series and I got to thinking about the the Pidgeot scene in episode 6 again. Many of us thought there was a possibility of Ash reuniting with it off screen and using it in the episode 7 battle, which of course didn't happen. Upon rewatching episode 6, I still can't get over how curious that whole sequence was. Maybe it's a stretch, but I'm wondering whether that reunion actually did occur, and they've just been keeping it a secret.

They made a point to inform the viewer that only Pidgey and Pidgeotto could be found in the forest, yet they show a mysterious shot of Pidgeot just before cutting back to Ash who's trying to meet back up with Gou. We know Ash had chased a Pokemon into the bushes in his previous scene, and when we cut back to him here he looks satisfied in my opinion, and doesn't say anything like, "Aww, we lost it". I also find it interesting that Gou hasn't managed to catch a member of the Pidgey line yet, despite attempting to in episode 6 and even trying to find one again in episode 17. Heck, it's possible Ash could reveal Pidgeot in episode 33 and trade for Gou's Scyther, although I may just be going on a tangent now.

Naturally this is all just wishful thinking, but I'm not sure we should give up on Pidgeot just yet. Unless of course this was all intentional and the writers just wanted to stir up even more hype at the time.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Goh caught a Pidgey in JN020 though it's understandable how you couldn't recall it due to how forgetful 90% of his captures are.

As for the rest of your post, the theory does sound really interesting and if JN007's Mr. Mime trainership switcheroo is any indication, they're capable of doing these asspull moves with Pidgeot as well. Especially if they're backed into a corner in terms of writing or decide to go with a plot first approach. Either that, or it was just another of those false hype moments that those initial episodes will be notorious for.
Oops. I'm only on episode 19 in my rewatch, I guess I should have checked though :confused:.

This, too, shall pass...
Reaction score
Naturally this is all just wishful thinking, but I'm not sure we should give up on Pidgeot just yet. Unless of course this was all intentional and the writers just wanted to stir up even more hype at the time.
With all the Kanto nostalgia in this series I think Pidgeot's chance of returning is the highest it has ever been, though I'd still put it very low.
I have to say I find it sort of funny that Pidgeotto was the most forgettable part of Ash's Kanto team but became the anime fanbase's holy grail after being released.

Ash's Lucario vs Goh's Cinderace
I am shocked, shocked to that find Riolu might be evolving quickly.
Cinderace has been popping up recently too.

Into the Nether portal...
Reaction score
This means that Gou might enter the PWC as well.
This is a really silly assumption. The main/travelling cast members never had goals that were redundant and especially not in a direct manner. At most, Goh might have a few more battles either to help his Pokemon or as a hobby.

And before someone decides to bring it up, Kiawe's path is noticeably different than Ash's.

Last edited:
Young Battle Trainer
Reaction score
This is a really silly assumption. The main/travelling cast members never had goals that were redundant and especially not in a direct manner. At most, Goh might have a few more battles either to help his Pokemon or as a hobby.

And before someone decides to bring it up, Kiawe's path is noticeably different than Ash.
I don't see why they would promote this otherwise.

Only puts shiny pokémon into HOME
Reaction score
So far Goh hasn't visited Alola and I'm curious to see what Pokemon he might get there

I reckon an Alola Form Pokemon, maybe he'll evolve his Exeggcute there
I see the likes of morelul (fun fact, my gf's favorite mon), an oricorio and perhaps pikipeko. Honestly I want the Alola episode to come so damn fast because I want to see how it'll be written

An Ice Alolan Ninetales
Reaction score
They're probably not giving us Alola just yet given we have 146 episodes there not too long ago