• The Anime and Manga staff has posted a PSA regarding Go and how we'll handle future cases involving him from now onwards.

We strongly recommend checking out this thread.

Thank you in advance.

Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

I'm a male Mew and Sobble fan
Reaction score
Considering Inteleon is more popular and as such more marketable than Sobble is, i say its 100% gonna evolve. We also saw some merch that had Lucario and Sirfetch'd alongside the three middle stage Galar starters as well.
You really think Inteleon is more marketable than Sobble? I'm sorry, but I have to disagree here. In my honest opinion, almost anything is more appealing than ugly Inteleon. I'm still salty that Sobble's evolutions look the way they do. Sobble has way more appeal than Drizzile and Inteleon because of how cute it is compared to those two. I would love for Gou's Sobble to forever stay a Sobble. I hope he doesn't let it evolve.

Whoever has the gold makes the rules...
Reaction score
You really think Inteleon is more marketable than Sobble? I'm sorry, but I have to disagree here. In my honest opinion, almost anything is more appealing than ugly Inteleon. I'm still salty that Sobble's evolutions look the way they do. Sobble has way more appeal than Drizzile and Inteleon because of how cute it is compared to those two. I would love for Gou's Sobble to forever stay a Sobble. I hope he doesn't let it evolve.
Inteleon seems to be hugely popular in Japan though, which is what they primarily market to.

Pokémon Master in the making!
Reaction score
If it does evolve, I wonder what kind of personality they’d give Drizzile. It has the edgy appearance like Raboot but they’d be retracing old grounds if they made it similar to Raboot.

I suppose they could adapt the fact that the Poké Dex states that Drizzile are lazy and sets traps which could lead to gags like pitfalls and such, but the lazy part would also be hard to adapt in a way that isn’t Drizzile just being in the background or sleeping, which would also rehash the whole “Raboot being in the background” scenario.

It is true that Drizzile has been included in a fair amount of advertisement alongside the other middle-stage starters like Raboot and Thwackey, though that could just be because they’re the starters and need marketing by default.

This series does want to show off all the Pokémon so Drizzile and Inteleon will inevitably show up but if it’s Goh’s or another character like Hop’s or something is in the air.

Only puts shiny pokémon into HOME
Reaction score
Since this episode is breaking trends, maybe we can have Ash catch a Thwackey right away

Reaction score
I do wonder what Grookey’s purpose will be. I remember an interview saying that they were going to introduce Grookey when they felt it was necessary in the story, so I wonder what his purpose is.

I personally lean towards Grookey ending up being Koharu’s first capture if she joins the group because it can represent how she’s becoming more upbeat and outgoing, though if it goes to Koharu it most likely won’t evolve, and if it does, it probably won’t evolve fully into Rillaboom considering Rillaboom and Koharu definitely don’t mesh well design-wise. Her joining the group and her first capture would probably line up for when Grookey would have to debut.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Inteleon is fine you guys are just mean. :cautious:

Do you guys think that Sobble is gonna evolve? Part of me hopes it doesn’t because it’s so gosh darn cute, but another part of me hopes it goes all the way so we can see Drizzile and Inteleon on the main cast.
I really hope it does. Sobble's cute but I don't really care for it's crying gimmick.
I quite adore Inteleon (my favorite of the Galar Starter Trio.) So naturally I'm really curious to see how the anime would portray Drizzile and Inteleon in the main cast. (Both could also be quite useful in helping Gou out with his goal).

You may hate to see it but in @nickdt defense he's not entirely wrong. Inteleon beat out Sobble in the World Wide Poll and in Japan's Famitsu Poll. (And I also highly suspect Japan had a lot to do with Inteleon being so high on the World Wide poll as well)

What can I say? The Japanese crowd REALLY loves the lanky boi

Last edited:
Young Battle Trainer
Reaction score
I think that Grookey will eventually appear in the 40-50 episode range.

Reaction score
I'm surprised Aerodactyl isn't being discussed more here, given that it's confirmed to 100% appear very soon and even be captured, just not clear by which of the two boys.
It seems to be coming from Gou's side of the screen in the intro, so I think it's his.
Edit: Plus Pikachu tries to zap it.

Young Battle Trainer
Reaction score
It seems to be coming from Gou's side of the screen in the intro, so I think it's his.
Edit: Plus Pikachu tries to zap it.
Yeah. Aerodactyl is probably going to Gou, but Ash hasn't caught anything since G-Farfetch'd in JN027, and the longest he's gone without catching anything this saga is 10 episodes.

Flame Trainer
Reaction score
I'm surprised Aerodactyl isn't being discussed more here, given that it's confirmed to 100% appear very soon and even be captured, just not clear by which of the two boys.
The first animation with the purple lights made it dubious, but the newer one where the purple bolts are animated as yellow electric attacks makes it quite clear that Pikachu is attacking it imo, unless it’s another case of the bait and switch Sobble/Farfetch'd advertising.

Not Dead
Reaction score
How could it be his Aerodactyl? Pikachu attacks it.

Also, Ash doesn't have to keep up with Go as some people are implying; his goal is the PWC and a huge roster isn't needed for that. No one ever said that he would have new reserves, and he really hasn't done anything with Galarian Farfetch'd yet.

Reaction score
I’d rather Ash focus on the Pokémon he has right now for a while before he adds another to his roster, especially if it’s gonna be another Kanto Pokémon. In my opinion, there’s only one more space for an old generation Pokémon before it starts to get annoying that Ash isn’t catching some Galar Pokémon.

Last edited:
Reaction score
In last Sunday, I was hoping Ash will get a Flygon, but in new opening it turns out disappointed, it seems Goh will get a Flygon and I got upset.

Reaction score
There's been some people wondering if Gou will capture the Zapdos we see the OP and the Preview since it looks like it's coming out of Gou's Pokeball.

Well do any of you guys think Gou will capture a Zapdos?

Only puts shiny pokémon into HOME
Reaction score
There's been some people wondering if Gou will capture the Zapdos we see the OP and the Preview since it looks like it's coming out of Gou's Pokeball.

We also had some merch for Zapdos. Not Articuno nor Moltres were there.
He wants to catch them all, in that way it makes sense. Nonetheless, unless It's a baby Zapdos, or an injured one, for me, it seems way way to early to give a Zapdos to Goh. My hope? It will be befriended and perhaps caught in a very later date.

Reaction score

I wouldn't say I'm confident it'll happen, but I think it's possible.
Sun and Moon had a Mythical Pokémon bargain sale among the main cast so I would not be too surprised at this point for a main character to get a Legendary.

Reaction score
I said earlier I found it unlikely that Goh would catch Zapdos but now I find it more likely that he does catch it (regardless of if it’s his first encounter with it or not). I think if he catches one of the birds he’ll likely catch the other two (even if it’s later down the road).

Though, I do think it could be possible that Raboot evolves while fighting Zapdos, especially if Goh is gonna be trying to fight and capture it. An extremely powerful opponent and low odds to win are the perfect equation for an evolution and subsequent victory. It’d be a pretty sick evolution, though (even if Noibat did it first).

I do think it’s a little early for Goh to be catching a Legendary (even though it’s one of the lower-tier ones). But he’s gonna get strong fast and we’re just starting to go down that road with episodes where he’ll be catching Pokémon like Heracross, Flygon, and most likely Aerodactyl, and we’ll be getting Raboot’s evolution sooner rather than later. Along with that, his battle skills will be improving with the Flygon episode showing that he is capable of strategy and battling (he’s obviously been paying attention to Ash).

Regardless if Goh does or doesn’t capture Zapdos, the Zapdos episode has potential to be important to his story, either furthering his goal of catching ‘em all, his battling abilities, or both.

Last edited: