• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

Aren't opening spoilers something that has been happening from the start? I think I remember Taillow's evolution being spoiled ahead of time, too.
Oh, I haven’t seen much of OS/AG so I can’t really comment there. But I think that shot with Lucario+Cinderace along with eternamax Eternatus was too much. There was also a trailer for episode 46 that showed both of them before episode 45 even aired.

Although it wouldn’t have been too hard to predict when they’d evolve, I still think they spoiled it too much.

Oh, I haven’t seen much of OS/AG so I can’t really comment there. But I think that shot with Lucario+Cinderace along with eternamax Eternatus was too much. There was also a trailer for episode 46 that showed both of them before episode 45 even aired.

Although it wouldn’t have been too hard to predict when they’d evolve, I still think they spoiled it too much.
I think the only way they could fix that would have been if they did like Digimon Tamers, but I feel an evolving intro might be a tad expensive.

I wonder what Ash will get in 2021?
Somewhere in Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, Unova, Kalos, Alola or Galar

Maybe Ash will get a shiny Flygon for his own or Salamence or Drapion or Grookey
I don't think Ash is likely to catch any of these bar Grookey, but it would be hilarious if he caught one or both of the ones I bolded because these were the signature Pokemon of Hunter J, one of Ash's most dangerous and ruthless enemies to date. I mean, just imagine the irony.

I don't think Ash is likely to catch any of these bar Grookey, but it would be hilarious if he caught one or both of the ones I bolded because these were the signature Pokemon of Hunter J, one of Ash's most dangerous and ruthless enemies to date. I mean, just imagine the irony.
A Lucario cost him the Unova league and he's got one, now!
...come to think of it, he's halfway to having every Pokémon that knocked him out of a league:
*Has a Pikachu
*Has a Lucario
*Has a Charizard

It's...decidedly unlikely he'll get any of the other three, though.
Heck, a Dragonite was his first "end of game era" boss, too.

A Lucario cost him the Unova league and he's got one, now!
...come to think of it, he's halfway to having every Pokémon that knocked him out of a league:
*Has a Pikachu
*Has a Lucario
*Has a Charizard

It's...decidedly unlikely he'll get any of the other three, though.
Heck, a Dragonite was his first "end of game era" boss, too.

I wonder when he will get a referee, considering that one cost him the League, not the Pikachu (Squirtle wasn't knocked out, it was asleep).

Speaking of which, I wonder if they'll delve into things like match/spot fixing for the PWC. It almost makes sense given how competitive it is.
If it were a Galar only series I could've seen an arc or CotD on that, but not in Journeys. They probably won’t devote much time to that.
We'll get a bait and switch filler on the legendary beasts instead.

I think they might do a second arc in Galar... There’s a fair bit of promotion they’ve set up which warrants it.
Rose's fate left undecided, Eternatus just sealed in a normal Pokeball feels like a band aid solution, Team Rocket maybe. And they also need to promote the next wave of Gigantamax forms: specially Cinderace and Eevee.

If by any chance we get Sinnoh remakes featuring Dynamax (I'm NOT looking to debate about that btw, everyone knows the stance of everyone and the SInnoh remake thread is already ruined, so I’m NOT looking to discuss "Reason no. 10938485774 Sinnoh remakes don’t exist", I said "by any chance") I won’t be surprised if they go a Gigantamax Lucario +Gigantamax Cinderace.

May I ask what is the point of revealing a spoiler without the spoiler button and also without any statement besides the fact for a very recent episode that most probably haven't watched yet?

I mean everyone who comes into this thread should expect spoilers anyway since people post merch scans every other day that often spoil future Pokemon appearances. Someone revealing a confirmed fact from the newest episode seems like the least of our worries.

And we still need the Porygon Line.

That's never gonna happen even if the Kadabra situation gets resolved. Kadabra being banned was because the anime's staff wanted to avoid a potential lawsuit but Porygon was banned because of the correlation between it and the seizure episode. And no it doesn't matter that Pikachu was the culprit in that case since Porygon was the Potd in that instance so it's the trigger for the controversy by default.

Back
Top Bottom