• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

I mean everyone who comes into this thread should expect spoilers anyway since people post merch scans every other day that often spoil future Pokemon appearances. Someone revealing a confirmed fact from the newest episode seems like the least of our worries.

That's never gonna happen even if the Kadabra situation gets resolved. Kadabra being banned was because the anime's staff wanted to avoid a potential lawsuit but Porygon was banned because of the correlation between it and the seizure episode. And no it doesn't matter that Pikachu was the culprit in that case since Porygon was the Potd in that instance so it's the trigger for the controversy by default.

It:s been 20 years.

We should get new titles this week, since there are only 2 left, unless the 18th is a special (Featuring the first year) and the 25th is obviously the movie. If so... we most likely won't get any titles until the special has aired on the 18th (If we don't get any new titles or episodes in December, its really frustrating they are giving Eevee to Koharu is the last episode of this year).

That's never gonna happen even if the Kadabra situation gets resolved. Kadabra being banned was because the anime's staff wanted to avoid a potential lawsuit but Porygon was banned because of the correlation between it and the seizure episode. And no it doesn't matter that Pikachu was the culprit in that case since Porygon was the Potd in that instance so it's the trigger for the controversy by default.
The episode was over 20 years ago. Shouldn't there be enough people who haven't seen the seizure episode by now for Porygon to be unbanned?

Last edited:
It's not Pikachu's fault either. He'd used many electric attacks before without issue, but those missiles caused the seizure inducing effect when they exploded.

In any case, I do wonder if Kadabra is free for a quick Gou capture now?

Are we sure it was the government who banned it?
BTW, the episode is available on YouTube and can be watched without causing seizures, but it will irritate your eyes.
Weird, I went to Bulbapedia to check, but I couldn't find info on that. Mandela effect on my part? On the other hand, the episode was only shown once and is the only episode banned worldwide, so I guess it would have ended up being lost media if someone wasn't recording that day.

I don't think the Japanese government will ever unban the episode.
Are we sure it was the government who banned it?
BTW, the episode is available on YouTube and can be watched without causing seizures, but it will irritate your eyes.
Weird, I went to Bulbapedia to check, but I couldn't find info on that. Mandela effect on my part? On the other hand, the episode was only shown once and is the only episode banned worldwide, so I guess it would have ended up being lost media if someone wasn't recording that day.
I was referring to the Porygon line itself, not the episode. It's understandable for that to remain banned.

A random Galar fossil episode seems odd considering we haven’t had any Galar episodes that weren’t two parters and focused on story (unless we’re already getting another Galar 2-parter), and we just had a fossil episode 10 episodes ago. Assuming this is in Galar and not somewhere else, in which case, I’m guessing they’d probably be owned already. Also the fact that we were just in Galar, I was expecting them to wait a while for the next Galar episode. Unless we’re going to start getting more casual Galar episodes to show off more Galar Pokémon, which I’m for.

I was already guessing that Goh would get all 4 just so they could have them around the park, plus he has a surprising lack of Galar Pokémon since he didn’t catch any during the DD arc. If he does get them, I hope he uses Dracozolt the most, since it’s my favorite of the 4, but Dracovish is getting the most promotion.

Yeah, but the two are pretty much linked. Don't get me wrong, I want Porygon to debut, but just the fact that incident happened ruined its chances.
I just try to be hopeful and think that the incident happened so long ago that it'd become outdated to keep Porygon banned as the percentage of the people watching Pokémon who saw this episode has grown small enough.

Back
Top Bottom