• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

Yeah Inteleon is super popular in Japan. All the more reason for Sobble to fully evolve. Once it becomes a Drizzile it needs something to replace it as Goh's shoulder Pokemon

Axew's desire to evolve happened super early into BW and was cut short because of plushie sales. Sobble's been around far longer, so the writers most likely know if they're allowed to do anything with it.

I mean, considering Inteleon is more popular than Sobble (And the most popular Galar starter in general anyways), Sobble is basically guaranteed to evolve for marketing purposes.

Maybe, but that isn't saying much. I neither like nor dislike Grookey, but from an objective standpoint I don't see what a rookie starter would add to the PWC storyline at this point. Grookey could have joined Ash a year ago if they were meant for each other, but we got Dragonite and Gengar instead. Whether you approve or not, the writing should have a clear direction.

I think that Go needs a lot more episodes like the Flygon one to give the Galar starters a chance to shine. The legendary encounters are nice, but those battles aren't meant to be won.

Hopefully with the return of the PWC we will see a return of Goh's battle captures to give his core team and powerful reserves some spotlight, since they reserve trainer battles for Ash.

If Goh catches Grookey then I wonder if we would get an episode with Goh's grandmother who is a singer?

There are arguments for Ash and Goh getting Grookey. Remember guys this series is unpredictable. But let’s not make our predictions look like facts such as saying “Since Goh has Cinderace and Sobble, he’s definitely getting Grookey or for Ash “He always got at least one starter in every series so he’s definitely getting Grookey. Let’s just wait and see how things play out in the future.

Maybe The Episode Is About It Learning It’s Fine The Way It Is

While this could theoretically happen. I also feel like This would only make sense to me if Sobble was proven to be strong and capable and overcame it's fear of Battling.
In the actual show itself it's clearly not fine with the way it is in it's current state

Compare Sobble to other Unevolved Starters like say Bulbasaur, Piplup, Snivy, or Rowlet for instance.
The latter 4 were shown in many instances to be capable, competent, and reliable.

Sobble is so far shown to be nowhere near on the level as any of them

Oh The One Where Sobble Just Used Water Gun and Raboot Did Everything?
Ignoring the the fact that it was Sobble's Water Gun that broke through Flygon's Sand Shield which allowed Raboot (and Riolu) to even get a hit on Flygon in the first place?
(Sobble itself even managed to hit Flygon in the face twice iirc)

Raboot didn't do every single thing. Don't act as if the others didn't contribute in some way (except Pikachu but that's only because of the Type Disadvantage)

(and do you really think OLM would let one of their artists release such a massive spoiler lowkey?),

To be fair this show isn't exactly subtle about spoiling everything from Merchandise to Openings. I wouldn't be surprised if OLM let the artists do whatever the heck they wanted at this point

Last edited:
To be fair this show isn't exactly subtle about spoiling everything from Merchandise to Openings. I wouldn't be surprised if OLM let the artists do whatever the heck they wanted at this point
I'm not sure about that, they were extremely careful with revealing who got Sobble, to the point that we were in the dark until Ash caught Galarfetch'd the episode prior. It's clear that there are some things they want to keep secret (Dragonite), and some that they don't mind throwing out willy-nilly (Alola Reunion). In my opinion Grookey is definitely in the mystery camp, so I think if OLM considered Sayuri Ichiishi's artwork at all a spoiler, they would have made her delete it instantly.

Not to mention, I can't think of a single one of these promotional artworks in recent history that offered any kind of significant revelation. They're either vague or downright unreliable like the Ho-oh feather that other's have mentioned.

Ignoring the the fact that it was Sobble's Water Gun that broke through Flygon's Sand Shield which allowed Raboot (and Riolu) to even get a hit on Flygon in the first place?
(Sobble itself even managed to hit Flygon in the face twice iirc)

Raboot didn't do every single thing. Don't act as if the others didn't contribute in some way (except Pikachu but that's only because of the Type Disadvantage)
Oh, It Broke A Sand Shield! Wow So Helpful!!! Raboot Did 99% Of The Work

Well, considering breaking the shield was the only reason they were able to win, yes, it was very helpful indeed.
Riolu Helped Too, And I Bet Raboot Couldve Done It Alone With Ember, Also Sobble Got 1 Shotted.

Compare Sobble to other Unevolved Starters like say Bulbasaur, Piplup, Snivy, or Rowlet for instance.
Totodile? Oshawott? Chespin? Mudkip? (It Evolved But It Was Late And Useless) Piplup and Snivy Were Not That Strong Either (Snivy Has A 25% Winrate Oshawott Did Better Than It.)
The Only Strong Ones Were Bulbasaur, Cyndaquil Who Evolved In DP, Piplup In Terms Of Contests and Rowlet

Hurry people, we need to fill this page with comments, else bad things are going to happen.

Snivy only had a 25% winrate because it was being used in battles it couldn't win anyways (Always at a disadvantage).
I Doubt Snivy Would Lose To A Riolu Weakaned By Unpleasant.

At 666 a devil child is due... we’ve already got Pikachu, Lucario and Eevee... what’s left?!

At 666 a devil child is due... we’ve already got Pikachu, Lucario and Eevee... what’s left?!
Jynx

Speaking of Sobble evolving, this could be comedy gold with Go trying to use it in battle and Drizzile just being lazy.
Charmeleon and Raboot. Goh Having Disobedient Mons Gets Boring

Last edited:
Riolu Helped Too, And I Bet Raboot Couldve Done It Alone With Ember, Also Sobble Got 1 Shotted.
So If you admit that Riolu helped too then why'd you say Raboot did 99% of the work?

And Sobble didn't even faint. Goh only recalled it so it wouldn't make everyone cry

Totodile? Oshawott? Chespin? Mudkip? (It Evolved But It Was Late And Useless) Piplup and Snivy Were Not That Strong Either (Snivy Has A 25% Winrate Oshawott Did Better Than It.)
The Only Strong Ones Were Bulbasaur, Cyndaquil Who Evolved In DP, Piplup In Terms Of Contests and Rowlet
Totodile at least defeated a Kingdra (which was considered OP back at the time)

Mudkip evolved so idk why you brought him up.

Piplup as you said help Dawn succeed in many contests. Guess what Contests in the Anime also require? Battling!

Snivy was a fine battler. Ash just didn't use her much (because he had so many Pokémon in constant rotation during that BW)

Chespin's Vine Whip was strong enough to knock a Delphox's stick out of it's hands

You also forgot about Squirtle who was also pretty strong.

Not to mention all of these Pokémon still have better track records than Sobble lol

Back
Top Bottom