• All members are allowed to express their opinions, no matter how unpopular, so long as they respect others and do not claim their opinion is the only valid opinion. While we understand that there is debate regarding Goh, someone posting an opinion you disagree with does not give you the right to attack them or report the content for trolling/baiting. This notice will serve as a 0-point warning and as such, Anime & Manga staff reserve the right to jump immediately to point warnings. For more information regarding our stance on arguments and debates, see this PSA.
  • If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.

Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
He/him
Technically he is evolved, just not fully. Middle stage mons should count, right?
Due to how Pikachu is treated almost everywhere, I kinda count it as one of those mons that don't have an evolution or pre-evolution.

Hey, guys. I'm just wanting to know what you think happens if the bad guy Pokémon poachers have finally managed to steal Ash's Rowlet, Lycanroc, Incineroar and Melmetal from Profs. Kukui and Burnet's home?
What?

Sea Slug Pokémon
Reaction score
Hey, guys. I'm just wanting to know what you think happens if the bad guy Pokémon poachers have finally managed to steal Ash's Rowlet, Lycanroc, Incineroar and Melmetal from Profs. Kukui and Burnet's home?
What?
Part of me wonders if they writes articles for something like a gaming magazine and use this forum as inspiration.

rippin'cer
Reaction score
Except it would be jarring to see it win against Pokemon on E4 or Champion level.
You say this as if Ashy boy didn't win a League in the first place with a Base Stage Starter

Oh Wait-! View attachment 138647
So @Mythical-Moonlight
You are expecting to get some more ridiculous and pointless battles.
Grookey beats his stick rhythmically against opposing Leon's Gigantamax Charizard, Grass grows all-over the body of Charizard and he's gone to shave.
Applause
Ash and Grookey are unbeatable.
f***

Reaction score
In XY, w

Except none of those trainers were on E4 or Champion level. It was also lower tier because there were no entry qualifications.
Kukui isn't Champion Level???

Not every Trainer Ash faces in the PWC is E4 or Champion Level either.

You talk as if Ash couldn't let Grookey face off against a few CotD to get stronger

If Scorbunny can grow to Cinderace in such a short period of time then so can Grookey

So @Mythical-Moonlight
You are expecting to get some more ridiculous and pointless battles.
Grookey beats his stick rhythmically against opposing Leon's Gigantamax Charizard, Grass grows all-over the body of Charizard and he's gone to shave.
Applause
f***
Uh No. I'm just saying, Anime =/= Games
Levels don't exists in the Anime.

And Grookey sure as heck won't be up against Leon's Charizard either. That ball is firmly in Pikachu's court.

Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
He/Grookey
Like I said, Corphish only stole food from Torchic once and never did it again once Torchic evolved, meaning that unlike Oshawott, Corphish actually learned his lesson.
No Corphish Was Scared
Also, why is it that Oshawott's losses are all Plot Armor but Snivy's losses are because she sucks? I'm smelling bias here.
Other Than Riolu and 2 Fire Types Which I Dont Blame Sniy For Losing What Was The Plot Armor?
Snivy had already seen how Ash treated his Pokemon and was clearly moved: yes, Ash had to battle her to catch her, but she gives a smile when he does so, meaning that she did want him as her new trainer. There are plenty of Pokemon that agreed to go with Ash due to his kindness but still had to be battled. Most notably Bulbasaur and Hawlucha.
Those Were After The Pokemon Decided To Go With Him. Eery Single Pokemon Accept's Him After They Are Caught

Except it would be jarring to see it win against Pokemon on E4 or Champion level.
So It's Perfectly Normal For Chuuster To Defeat Legends?

Except none of those trainers were on E4 or Champion level. It was also lower tier because there were no entry qualifications.
KUKUI WANTS TO KNOW YOUR LOCATION
Face It, The Games Aren't the Anime. Pikachu Proved That.

Applause
I Doubt Ash Will Use Grookey Against Charizard It Will Probably Defeat Inteleon (Don't Tell Me Leon Will Have Rillaboom IT'S IN THE NAME!! Inteleon)

Young Battle Trainer
Reaction score
Kukui isn't Champion Level???

Not every Trainer Ash faces in the PWC is E4 or Champion Level either.

You talk as if Ash couldn't let Grookey face off against a few CotD to get stronger

If Scorbunny can grow to Cinderace in such a short period of time then so can Grookey
I was mostly talking about the trainers in the higher tiers, like Ultra Class and Master Class. Those trainers are far more powerful than any trainer he has ever faced. And, Kukui isn't Champion Level. In fact, no one was, as Alola had no League until the end of SM.

Reaction score
(Don't Tell Me Leon Will Have Rillaboom IT'S IN THE NAME!! Inteleon)
Just saying Leon's name in the original Japanese is Dande.

Leon's English name having the same last 4 letters as Inteleon's is more than likely entirely coincidental.

Also the fact that we're going to be seeing an Inteleon in the show very soon and signs are pointing towards it NOT being Leon's tell me that Leon probably doesn't have one in this show

When in doubt, use your offspring as ammo
Reaction score
Just saying Leon's name in the original Japanese is Dande.

Leon's English name having the same last 4 letters as Inteleon's is more than likely entirely coincidental.

Also the fact that we're going to be seeing an Inteleon in the show very soon and signs are pointing towards it NOT being Leon's tell me that Leon probably doesn't have one in this show
It's also pretty common for the anime to alter game characters' teams, so it's entirely possible, if not likely, that Leon won't have any of the Galar Starters in his team, especially since the reason he has a Galar Starter in the games' final fight has explicit reasons that don't exist in the anime (said starter being the leftover that the player and Hop don't pick).

Young Battle Trainer
Reaction score
I expect the Inteleon in the trailer to be owned by a COTD.

Young Battle Trainer
Reaction score
It appears that said Inteleon will appear in Episode 54.

Reaction score
@ All the people who correctly believed

Ash was gonna capture Dracovish!

How are y'all feeling tonight?! :ROFLMAO:

Reaction score
Now Ash can focus on getting his third Dragon. Flygon is out but there is still options like the Apples, Salamanca and Drink